+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Korean Police Certificate

DarylM

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
I will. Are you

in Canada?

I ask as you must be able to appeal it somehow. If you are in Canada, your first stop should be your MP who will be able to ask questions directly. If you are not in Canada, then you have a right of appeal anyway I think. Whatever my results, I will be posting the results widely so others don't need to go through this again.
No, I am living in Singapore.
Then don't you have a right of appeal as an outland applicant? I would gather all the evidence you can of your attempts to get the right certificate.

My local consulate (in Vancouver) directed me to the IRCC advice, but the Consulate in Toronto stated clearly that this document is not available and that it is illegal to obtain one. Keep fighting if you can. No matter what my result is, I will be posting it widely so the IRCC listens to the next people when they ask for this document.

ishrat6788

Aug 12, 2019
I don’t know if there is anything I can do for my rejected application. Apparently webform is the only way for me to get to IRCC for my appeal.

Do you know any contact number for IRCC? The number given in their website is not working at all. I try calling them every other day almost.

DarylM

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
I don’t know if there is anything I can do for my rejected application. Apparently webform is the only way for me to get to IRCC for my appeal.

Do you know any contact number for IRCC? The number given in their website is not working at all. I try calling them every other day almost.

Sorry, my last post was deleted as I suggested you try a face book forum to help answer your question. I don't know any more about appealing to the IRCC than you I'm afraid, and I'm inland so my recourse would be different to yours.

hajihd

Oct 31, 2019
Yes I submitted the background check certificate instead of the criminal check certificate and that was fine as the law changed in Korea and prevents foreigners to get the investigation check certificate. You may get it through the consulat (or embassy I reckon) within 10 days approx. Good luck!
Hi Laetitiaalbert,
Could you share more details of what you send to CIC together with the certificate? If it is possible to include an explanation letter to describe all the attempts we tried without any official documents from Korea confirm that the Check Reply document is illegal? By the way, do you know the exact date that the law has changed? I think it would be helpful if we can mention the date of change.

tham_son

Sep 8, 2013
Yes I submitted the background check certificate instead of the criminal check certificate and that was fine as the law changed in Korea and prevents foreigners to get the investigation check certificate. You may get it through the consulat (or embassy I reckon) within 10 days approx. Good luck!
Wow, it's very good to me to hear about this. I tried many ways here in Korea but it didn't work. I uploaded explaination letter together with Background check record issued by Police Station in GCkey. I'm still waiting feedback from IRCC.

I wonder why IRCC knew the change of Korea recently but they don't change the information on CIC guideline website for PCC in Korea.

tham_son

Sep 8, 2013
That's insane. Did you show them all your attempts to get the right document? I've just submitted my two other police checks along with about 8 pages evidencing all the places I've tried to get the lapsed record one; the Korean Police Agency, the Consulates, The Ministry of Foreign Affairs. I also showed the evidence of other people's attempts from this forum and others. Tomorrow I'll submit the non lapsed Consulate police check.

If they reject my application I will be straight on to my MP. It is the last resort to get someone to reason with them.

If you sent your aunt, presumably you are Korean? The messages I was given was that it is not available for foreigners. Maybe that makes a difference, or you need a different set of evidence.
Hi,
May I know your PCC status right now? Did it work?