+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Korean Police Certificate -- ILLEGAL document

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
Anyone who has been able to get official response from Toronto or any other agency, please fwd to me as I am also stuck in same issue.
kmsbytes@gmail.com
@tham_son were u able to get this document without that red rectangle stamp saying do not submit in Korean language?
thanks in advance.

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
Obtained Korean PCC via askkorealaw.com, fees 300USD per person. I got the PCC on signing a form that it will be for personal verification only. Also, obtained a legal document stating the articles that makes it illegal to submit to any 3rd party. Fees for a legal document, 250 USD.
Hi
If possible, can you please share the legal document that you are talking about. Is this some document rules or its having ur personal details as well. I want to see whats covered in same so in case of any personal info please redact same. thanks..
Does ur certificate has that RED SEAL rectable 2inchx3inch kind which says do not submit in korean. ? was that accepted?

josuttan

Nov 2, 2020
Hi everyone,

Today I got my landing letter - PR approved a week ago.

I submitted the free Criminal Record Check that I got from my local Korean Consulate (in Vancouver).

I also submitted emails from the Korean Police Agency, the Korean Foreign Office, the Korean consulate in Toronto - all stating that the document requested was no longer being issued by the Korean Police Agency. I also submitted emails forwarded to me from other people on this forum and elsewhere who had been officially informed that the document was no longer available. Thank you to all those who helped me in this way.

I am happy to forward any of the emails I received from official sources. It may make a difference that I am NOT KOREAN and do not live in Korea. Still, if I can help anyone through this bit of dodgy legislation, I will.

Thanks again for all your help and support.
Can you please forward those emails to me? josephmanjila@gmail.com

Rasmi

Oct 23, 2019
Hi everyone,

I submitted the free Criminal Record Check that I got from my local Korean Consulate (in Vancouver).

I also submitted emails from the Korean Police Agency, the Korean Foreign Office, the Korean consulate in Toronto - all stating that the document requested was no longer being issued by the Korean Police Agency. I also submitted emails forwarded to me from other people on this forum and elsewhere who had been officially informed that the document was no longer available. Thank you to all those who helped me in this way.

I am happy to forward any of the emails I received from official sources. It may make a difference that I am NOT KOREAN and do not live in Korea. Still, if I can help anyone through this bit of dodgy legislation, I will.

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Please could you forward those emails to me rasmisingh92@gmail.com or anyone else who might have these emails, I would be so grateful to you if you could please forward these emails to me.

can_babo

Aug 11, 2020
We got through this :)

On our original application I included the police record check we are allowed to use (without lapsed records) and a note explaining that the one they are asking for is not available.

The application was processed and we got AOR, but a few months later we received an email from IRCC that the police record was missing, and to send it or an explanation why we can't.

We phoned the Korean consulate and they emailed us a document confirming the facts.

Using the web form linked in the letter, we sent another note explaining about the police record, included the document from the consulate, and mentioned again that we had submitted a standard police check with our application.

We received OWP and SA about one week later so I think that finally worked.

Mjg0503

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
We got through this :)

On our original application I included the police record check we are allowed to use (without lapsed records) and a note explaining that the one they are asking for is not available.

The application was processed and we got AOR, but a few months later we received an email from IRCC that the police record was missing, and to send it or an explanation why we can't.

We phoned the Korean consulate and they emailed us a document confirming the facts.

Using the web form linked in the letter, we sent another note explaining about the police record, included the document from the consulate, and mentioned again that we had submitted a standard police check with our application.

We received OWP and SA about one week later so I think that finally worked.
Can confirm a similar experience. In my case, in included emails from the Korean national police agency, Korean embassy in Toronto and Canadian embassy in Seoul. The first two stated that it was not possible to get be document with lapsed records. The Canadian embassy suggested I submit the standard police certificate along with an explanation letter and supporting documents (I used all three emails). I was never asked for another Korean police certificate and have made it to pre-arrival stage, so it seems the officer was satisfied with the proof I provided.

When ii doubt, get things in writing from police agencies, embassies/consulates to support what you are saying in your explanation letters!

Romy blumberg

Jun 8, 2021
Hi everyone,

Hi there. I am so pleased for you. Can you please send me the letters you received from those authorities? I would greatly appreciate it! My email address is romyblumberg21@gmail.com

Mjg0503

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Can confirm a similar experience. In my case, in included emails from the Korean national police agency, Korean embassy in Toronto and Canadian embassy in Seoul. The first two stated that it was not possible to get be document with lapsed records. The Canadian embassy suggested I submit the standard police certificate along with an explanation letter and supporting documents (I used all three emails). I was never asked for another Korean police certificate and have made it to pre-arrival stage, so it seems the officer was satisfied with the proof I provided.

When ii doubt, get things in writing from police agencies, embassies/consulates to support what you are saying in your explanation letters!
Can now confirm I've made it to passport request stage by providing the standard Korean police certificate and the supporting documentation mentioned above (just emails and cover letter explaining lapsed records certificate is illegal to obtain). I was never asked about this at any point in the process. Maybe I got lucky, but I think it's because I provided suitable explanation of the situation along with proof to back it up.

Romy blumberg

Jun 8, 2021
Hi everyone,

Hi there. Can PLEASE send me those emails that helped you get your permanent residency.

e.riccaa

Jun 10, 2021
Can now confirm I've made it to passport request stage by providing the standard Korean police certificate and the supporting documentation mentioned above (just emails and cover letter explaining lapsed records certificate is illegal to obtain). I was never asked about this at any point in the process. Maybe I got lucky, but I think it's because I provided suitable explanation of the situation along with proof to back it up.
Hi, congratulations on your approval! I'm struggling on the same matter. Do you mind sending me maybe a template of the cover letter/explanation so I can defend mine too? I'm really eager to get my application approved as I'm starting school very soon and I'm afraid this can further delay it. thanks a lot! really appreciate it. sone1294@gmail.com

pinkpinkpink

Dec 24, 2020
Dear all, may I seek help on this matter from all of you? if any have supporting would you please help forward me if possible? Sincerely thank you again.

pinkpinkpink

Dec 24, 2020
I just send you message on getting your kind help

Hi everyone,

berti4life

Aug 20, 2017

expand...
I am full with frustration right now. I submitted my application for PR in August and I got a letter today saying that my application has been cancel because I didn't submit korean police certificate with lapsed record. And worst part is my provincial nominee certificate expires in January. I don't know what to do now.

I am so happy for you. Can you please send me the letters you received from those authorities? I would greatly appreciate it! My email address is nkongberti2@yahoo.com.

katbury

Feb 3, 2022
Hi everyone,

Hi, I’m going through the same thing right now. :’( Could you please forward those emails to me, please? I would be so incredibly grateful. My email is kat.berry15@gmail.com