+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Korea Seoul Office

KelseyKk

Aug 14, 2020
Has anyone who’s applying from South Korea had any movement on their files recently? My husband and I applied Outland for him (I’m a born Canadian citizen) and we are long distance since I moved home from Korea so we are doing the Outland family spousal sponsorship. Applied December 2019.

He did his biometrics and passed his medical at the beginning of March this year and then covid hit so obviously we haven’t heard anything since. In the December forum, some other countries have had their PR approved in the past week, but still no update for us.

Has anyone else seen any movement from the Seoul office or are they all standing still right now?

Eegon

Oct 3, 2020
Hi Kelsey, I'm in the same boat. Applied Outland for my wife. Sponsorship application was received Dec.2 2019. Biometrics and medical checks were submitted in Jan and April. I moved back to Canada in July 2020 with my son. Wife and daughter are still back in Korea. No progress on PR processing yet. Have you contacted your MPP's office?

KelseyKk

Aug 14, 2020
Hi Eegon,

I’m sorry to hear about the no news so far. Hopefully soon It must be hard to be separated from half of your family like that.

I didn’t contact our MPP yet, although I saw a lot of people have. I actually saw we got decision made on the online tool today, but no update in the proper linked application spot or an email yet about the next steps or even what the decision is (it better be good! Haha) .. hopefully that means you’re soon! His biometrics were submitted in March, so maybe you’re a few weeks behind us!