+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Know Your Rights

jaundice_p

Jul 30, 2008
I am going to make a very long story short. My wife applied for me thro the family class thro accra ghana office...after abt 14months I was called for an interview and I had to fly from Soeul S.Korea to ghana for the interview...there the immigration officer told me that he has approved of my me and that I shld redo medical,and the my vias will be issued.....then they keep asking me for one document after another.....fast forward 7 months later I got an email from the immigration officer that I SHOULD COME BACK IN PERSON to accra for the issuance of my visa..the accra office is aware that I stay in South Korea...thro out the entire process my wife(cititizen) has been the one that has been calmer...I have never seen her so upset....she call cic an asked to speak to an officer and after a long list of all d incompetencies of the accra office..she was given the minister email address...she sent the minister a 5 pages letter of complain with all the list of stuffs she have had to put up ....asked the minister if cic cannot control foreign offices..why attached canada to it.....fast forward..3 days letter we got another email from accra askin me to fedex my passport to them which I did and a week later I got my passport back with the visa..this is the same office that dont answer email nor tell u anything on the phone..
why am sharing this is to let you guys know that you have a right no matter how stressful and lengthy the process is...one question she asked the minister was..why cant I be treated like a customer since I have paid for the process?.
My flight is booked and by Gods grace I will be in Vancouver soon.
I wish every one a speedy and successful process.
I equally want to thank every in here for their time, kind advice(s) and support during the entire process especially during my preparation for the interview.
I am not going anywhere from this forum and I will be here from time to time to contribute with whatever I can to people still going thro the process.
Please always remember Haiti...they still need our prayers and support.
Peace.

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
I totally do agree wholeheartidly about what you have thus said...

There is such a stigma related to one inquiring to there file.....and the reprocusions the visa office will make to regards to your file...

With my embassy Kingston Jamaica...If one were to email them for UPDATES....the only email they send (if they even send one) is generic and states the already known..

"The file file is in process and with the case officer and you will be contacted in due course,,we thanks you for keep your corresponence to a minimum" ..

Immigration Section

Honestly i have thus gave up on email I use my MP.....they get information for me...I have heard in cases that the MP designated to certain cities are some times really busy and do not help enough"

Those forunate enough have MP's willing to help...are quite fortunate UNLESS you are past the above the posted timelnes ...you have to sit and wait ..becuase this is most MP statment when you look to see what is going on.

I belive that the immigration system has alot of holes...and need alot more structure....We are paying customers...and we should have the right to be UPDATED all along the way....at least to a satisfactory level...