+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kitchener Waterloo Citizenship Applicants

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I was scheduled for interview next week. Today, I got a call from the citizenship officer and she said she is processing my application and the interview is no longer needed as she has reviewed my passport copies I sent last week. She said she is moving forward to approve the application and congratulated me. She told me to expect oath in a month or so. My application was received on June 4, 2020. Any ideas on what I should expect next? My tracker hasn’t changed yet.
If she's approved your application and cancelled the interview, then your tracker should update soon to all sections complete except oath, also known as DM (on old ECAS tracker). And then a few weeks after that your oath section should change to in progress and you should receive an oath date.

Reactions: dok

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I finally received my certificate today. I am soooo happy. Can't stopped jumping around in excitement!! Wishing everyone else good luck. Going to apply for passport on Friday.
Congratulations! That means the rest of us should receive ours soon too, especially those whose files are closed on the tracker and also had NGF office for oath. I check my mailbox every day lol.

Reactions: M.Sanoh20

Em de Ville

Aug 7, 2021
App. Filed.......
10-10-2020
AOR Received.
29-01-2021
File Transfer...
15-03-2021
If she's approved your application and cancelled the interview, then your tracker should update soon to all sections complete except oath, also known as DM (on old ECAS tracker). And then a few weeks after that your oath section should change to in progress and you should receive an oath date.

My tracker was updated to all completed on January 28, except my oath which is still on “not started” status.

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
To the friends who had their ceremony recently: I had the ceremony today, with NGF office. They sent an email few minutes after ceremony finished. I replied to the email with the signed form attached. I have not received any confirmation email after that. Is this ok?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
To the friends who had their ceremony recently: I had the ceremony today, with NGF office. They sent an email few minutes after ceremony finished. I replied to the email with the signed form attached. I have not received any confirmation email after that. Is this ok?
There is no confirmation, but why they sent you the email after the oath?

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Update: I have decision made today and the tracker has changed to complete for language, prohibition and physical presence. Ceremony is not started.

M.Sanoh20

Star Member
Jul 12, 2021
Yeah it's totally normal. It was like that with me too. If you don't receive any updaye in the next 4 days try resending it again. They never reply to emails for some reasons.

Reactions: hawat