FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Anyone still waiting for oath just like me? See my signature.

Tackica

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
Anyone still waiting for oath just like me? See my signature.
I personally know a family of four who applied from Kitchener in August 2019, which is months and months before you applied. Straightforward and "clean" application, test passed in March 2021, and they still haven't received their oath invitation. I don't know if this makes you feel any better, but you are not the only one waiting. Hopefully your invitation will come soon.
Also, if you check the April 2020 spreadsheet, you will see that so far only about half of the candidates got their oath invitations. I am not saying it's fair, because a lot of people who applied after you already have their Canadian passports in their hands, but I am trying to say that your situation is not uncommon.

Last edited:

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
I personally know a family of four who applied from Kitchener in August 2019, which is months and months before you applied. Straightforward and "clean" application, test passed in March 2021, and they still haven't received their oath invitation. I don't know if this makes you feel any better, but you are not the only one waiting. Hopefully your invitation will come soon.
Also, if you check the April 2020 spreadsheet, you will see that so far only about half of the candidates got their oath invitations. I am not saying it's fair, because a lot of people who applied after you already have their Canadian passports in their hands, but I am trying to say that your situation is not uncommon.
You have here only since 2017. Be patient and focus on your work. Your invitation will come; I don’t understand why you hurry, like applied on the way to airport!!!

Tackica

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
You have here only since 2017. Be patient and focus on your work. Your invitation will come; I don’t understand why you hurry, like applied on the way to airport!!!
I assume your comment is for @Dreamlad, not me.

Anyhow, people do have every right to be curious what is going on with their applications in process for two years, especially if the official IRCC website informs us that the average waiting time for the citizenship applications is 12 months.

You never know what other people are going through and there is no reason to mock someone who is eager to get the Canadian citizenship after having been here since 2017 "only" (btw, why are you assuming they have been here since 2017?). There is a whole list of things you can do when you are a citizen that you cannot do when you are "only" a permanent resident.

Last edited:

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
I assume your comment is for @Dreamlad, not me.

Anyhow, people do have every right to be curious what is going on with their applications in process for two years, especially if the official IRCC website informs us that the average waiting time for the citizenship applications is 12 months.

You never know what other people are going through and there is no reason to mock someone who is eager to get the Canadian citizenship after having been here since 2017 "only" (btw, why are you assuming they have been here since 2017?). There is a whole list of things you can do when you are a citizen that you cannot do when you are "only" a permanent resident.
I don’t mean to mock anyone here, sorry if you understand differently. However, I don’t like comments people who just spent 3 years and trying to contact everyone possible in IRCC or MP and others. Why don’t just patient waiting. Some people here applied since 2019 and here in country 15+ years. The applicant gets PR in less than a year and applied right away for citizenship and complains that the country did not do enough to get him citizenship!!! He should appreciate what he have and where he is now. I personally quite person here in country since 2006, PR took 5 years due to blockade happened in 2012. Waiting for citizenship now. Still happy where I am, never contact IRCC or MP.

dok

Apr 20, 2014
I don’t mean to mock anyone here, sorry if you understand differently. However, I don’t like comments people who just spent 3 years and trying to contact everyone possible in IRCC or MP and others. Why don’t just patient waiting. Some people here applied since 2019 and here in country 15+ years. The applicant gets PR in less than a year and applied right away for citizenship and complains that the country did not do enough to get him citizenship!!! He should appreciate what he have and where he is now. I personally quite person here in country since 2006, PR took 5 years due to blockade happened in 2012. Waiting for citizenship now. Still happy where I am, never contact IRCC or MP.
IRCC has clear processing time. Everyone has the right to complain when their applications are past 12 months irrespective of the number of years spent in Canada. If we don’t want to complain then there is no need joining this forum. Please let’s support and encourage others here.

@salem10 I think your case is an encourage for others. Let’s use our cases in this way to encourage one another. All the best to us all still waiting to become Canadians!!

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
its been a week since my oath and still not "closed".
It might be worth dropping them an email to confirm if they received your signed oath form.
I sent my signed form to them right after the ceremony in reply to the email they sent after the ceremony.
The next morning after my oath, I sent a follow up email just to confirm they had received my signed form. They replied with "Received, Thank you" after a few minutes. And tracker changed to "closed" the next day.

Reactions: hawat and rusticdud

rusticdud

Sep 2, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-12-2016
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-12-2017
It might be worth dropping them an email to confirm if they received your signed oath form.
I sent my signed form to them right after the ceremony in reply to the email they sent after the ceremony.
The next morning after my oath, I sent a follow up email just to confirm they had received my signed form. They replied with "Received, Thank you" after a few minutes. And tracker changed to "closed" the next day.
thanks thats good suggestion

rusticdud

Sep 2, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-12-2016
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-12-2017
I'm in the same boat, ceremony happened on the 14th and still status has not changed. I sent a follow up email with no response. Let me know how yours goes
ok will let know if it updates for me. Mine was 16th.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017