+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kitchener Waterloo Citizenship Applicants

M.Sanoh20

Star Member
Jul 12, 2021
Finally just received notification of my Oath Ceremony! November 24th.

April 2019 application
Took Test in June 2021
DM August 2021

Anyone any advice on getting the certificate quickly? I am due to travel on vacation two week and two days after my ceremony...is that too tight for getting the certificate and passport?
You can apply for urgent passport if you can proof that you need to leave the country and it takes 24 hours. The certificate usually takes a week or about 10 days. My friend applied for urgent passport and she received it in less than 24 hours. She lives in Calgary thought

Mustafa100

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
Finally just received notification of my Oath Ceremony! November 24th.

April 2019 application
Took Test in June 2021
DM August 2021

Anyone any advice on getting the certificate quickly? I am due to travel on vacation two week and two days after my ceremony...is that too tight for getting the certificate and passport?
After the Oath Ceremony the IRCC officer will ask if you need the certificate urgently so they can send it to you after few days of the Oath. but I think you have to show them a proof of travel tickets or something like that. ( the officer will speak to all 40+ candidates, so you need to tell him/her that you need the certificate urgently )

I thnk same thing for the passport, you can apply for an urgent processing and also you need to show them the tickets

Reactions: gavlar

gavlar

Aug 25, 2021
After the Oath Ceremony the IRCC officer will ask if you need the certificate urgently so they can send it to you after few days of the Oath. but I think you have to show them a proof of travel tickets or something like that. ( the officer will speak to all 40+ candidates, so you need to tell him/her that you need the certificate urgently )

I thnk same thing for the passport, you can apply for an urgent processing and also you need to show them the tickets
That's good to know! I'll be sure to have my booking itinerary on hand to show them.

I've looked at the passport office website and it looks pretty simple to get an urgent passport. I will just have all the application ready once my certificate arrives.

M.Sanoh20

Star Member
Jul 12, 2021
Has any 2020 applicants been invited to do the test? I called CIC and I was told that things should pick up soon.

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Has any 2020 applicants been invited to do the test? I called CIC and I was told that things should pick up soon.
Can you explain details if they told you more information.

M.Sanoh20

Star Member
Jul 12, 2021
Can you explain details if they told you more information.
Unfortunately, I was not provided with more details. I was only told that things should be. Picking up soon. Let's just cross our fingers and hope for the best. Are you 2020 applicant?

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Unfortunately, I was not provided with more details. I was only told that things should be. Picking up soon. Let's just cross our fingers and hope for the best. Are you 2020 applicant?
Yes, I am nov 2020 applicant. No update since April 24.

gavlar

Aug 25, 2021
For those who have taken the oath - how long roughly has the whole ceremony been. I've watched a few people on YouTube and it seems to be a couple of hours at least - depending on how long you wait to talk to the officers?

Mustafa100

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
For those who have taken the oath - how long roughly has the whole ceremony been. I've watched a few people on YouTube and it seems to be a couple of hours at least - depending on how long you wait to talk to the officers?
My Oath last for around 100 minutes,
First 15 min was for IRCC officer introduction and ID's verification,
after that, 60 minutes waiting
the actual oath took 25 min, ( Judge introduction, Oath, etc.. )
I left the ceremony after that, however some people waited to speak to the IRCC officer or to take photo with the judge.

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015

I think same thing for the passport, you can apply for an urgent processing and also you need to show them the tickets
This depends on the office. we are in Kitchener office however, our Oath was with Niagara Falls office. They didn't ask us if we need the certificate urgently. We are urgent processing applicants and it has been almost a week with no certificate.

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
You can apply for urgent passport if you can proof that you need to leave the country and it takes 24 hours. The certificate usually takes a week or about 10 days. My friend applied for urgent passport and she received it in less than 24 hours. She lives in Calgary thought
Booking a flight is not urgent to IRCC unfortunately.

Tackica

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
Hi! I applied in April 2020, and I got my test invite October 27. I was also asked to email scanned copies of my passports with certified translations of stamps. I hope you will hear from them soon. Good luck!

Reactions: immigrate2017

M.Sanoh20

Star Member
Jul 12, 2021
Hi! I applied in April 2020, and I got my test invite October 27. I was also asked to email scanned copies of my passports with certified translations of stamps. I hope you will hear from them soon. Good luck!
You are so lucky and congratulations. Most likely I might get a test invite sometimes January. However, I am applying for urgent processing because I have to leave and attend to my terminally ill grandma backhome. Can't get a passport from my country. Hopefully they will accept my urgent processing request when I submitted it.