+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kitchener Waterloo Citizenship Applicants

M.Sanoh20

Star Member
Jul 12, 2021
Hi all,

Please consider writing to your MP. I’m going to write to all four MPs in Kitchene-Waterloo. The new MP for Kitchener centre, Mike Morrice, is a great guy. And will take constituent’ concerns seriously.
I have wrote to the Waterloo MP and she was no used. Nothing was done, I don't think they have control over CIC/IRCC. I was left disappointed

gantisunil86

Sep 9, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
23-11-2016
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-12-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2017
lol i believe thats a bad idea, there are lot of steps in between especially when the paper file moves from one office to other and there are lot of files, hiring and training VO needs set of expertise so its a tough task. Was protesting a solution entire canada would have done same in their local VO. Just a Thought :)

M.Sanoh20

Star Member
Jul 12, 2021
Well, I wrote to Canada MP and this is what I got back. Maybe some action will be taken. Kitchener office is extremely slow that's where the problem is. Other locations are faster

Dear Mayongbe:

On behalf of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your correspondence.

I recognize why you have written to the Prime Minister and asked for assistance; however, I hope you will understand that he is unable to personally intervene in this matter.

In your correspondence, you raise an issue that falls within the portfolio of the Honourable Sean Fraser, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship. I have therefore taken the liberty of forwarding your email to Minister Fraser for information and consideration.

Thank you for taking the time to write.

J.P. Vachon
Manager/Gestionnaire
Executive Correspondence Services
Services de la correspondance
de la haute direction

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Oh wow that is scrazy that we have to wait for that long. There is nothing wrong with helping others, but ways help your own people first.
For your spousal application, is the person you are sponsoring from Canada? If you don't mind me asking
Oh, I was the person being sponsored back then lol. Yes, from inside Canada. It was in 2017-18.

PingusMom

Nov 25, 2019
Hi everyone!

I just got a "decision made" on ECAS, just no notice of what is yet. Fingers crossed I hear something in the next week. It looks things are moving a bit in this office.

M.Sanoh20

Star Member
Jul 12, 2021
Hi everyone!

I just got a "decision made" on ECAS, just no notice of what is yet. Fingers crossed I hear something in the next week. It looks things are moving a bit in this office.
Congratulations! You are finally almost to the finish line.

Mustafa100

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
A small update,
Today I recieved the Certificate of Canadian Citizenship after 10 days of my oath, I noticed the certificate was issued in Niagara Falls - IRCC office,
that means Niagara office is wehre my application was processed and Kitchener office didn't do any thing.

M.Sanoh20

Star Member
Jul 12, 2021
A small update,
Today I recieved the Certificate of Canadian Citizenship after 10 days of my oath, I noticed the certificate was issued in Niagara Falls - IRCC office,
that means Niagara office is wehre my application was processed and Kitchener office didn't do any thing.
Congratulations, your journey has finally comes it an end. Please pray for the rest of us. If you don't mind me asking, how long did your application took? Like when did you applied?

Reactions: Mustafa100

Mustafa100

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
Congratulations, your journey has finally comes it an end. Please pray for the rest of us. If you don't mind me asking, how long did your application took? Like when did you applied?
Thank you! and good luck to all

I applied in May 2019,
Processing started in Sep. 2019,
Test done in June 2021,
Oath taken in Oct. 2021,
Certificate received today Nov. 8th.

The whole process took 30 months to finish, but once you touch the certificate with your hand you will forget all these days of worry and wait, and you will have this feeling of accomplishing something important in this Country.

Last edited:
Reactions: gavlar

M.Sanoh20

Star Member
Jul 12, 2021
Thank you! and good luck to all

I applied in May 2019,
Processing started in Sep. 2019,
Test done in June 2021,
Oath taken in Oct. 2021,
Certificate received today Nov. 8th.

The whole process took 30 months to finish, but once you touch the certificate with your hand you will forget all these days of worry and wait, and you will have this feeling of accomplishing something important in this Country.
Oh wow that was such a long time. Is it because of covid? Because when covid started back in 2019 everything got put on hold and 2020 locked down too. Hopefully I will get mine sometimes in 2022

gavlar

Aug 25, 2021
Finally just received notification of my Oath Ceremony! November 24th.

April 2019 application
Took Test in June 2021
DM August 2021

Anyone any advice on getting the certificate quickly? I am due to travel on vacation two week and two days after my ceremony...is that too tight for getting the certificate and passport?