Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Same email id from which you received the test invite
How was the oath ceremony today? Congratulations on becoming Canadian citizen!!

angel1719

Oct 25, 2015
How was the oath ceremony today? Congratulations on becoming Canadian citizen!!
Thank you. It was super fun!! the judge is so nice and one MP attended the ceremony too. There were 55 people who got it yesterday from 13 countries. It was mainly in English but certain parts bilingual too. Judge in her speech was tying her family experience with new comers and how proud she is. The whole lot sang for my son too (when judge asked how old was he and he said he was turning 12 in 2 days,) she annouced to wish him but everyone sang.

It was indeed one memorable event.

1st you enter then they check documents then they let you in (they just checked notice, consent form n DL for adults and Health card for kids).
Made a bunch with consent and pr cards and let us in. Then next step the clerk took the pr cards and made us sign. After that announcement on order of event. Then judge enters. She speaks, then Oath taking biliingual. After that certificate handover sign again for adults, then MP speaks then O canada and both judge and MP leaves. Ceremony ends then again judge n MP comes in for photo sessions.

Reactions: ozaN and adigautam

adigautam

Jan 3, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
IELTS Request
Awaiting
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Thank you. It was super fun!! the judge is so nice and one MP attended the ceremony too. There were 55 people who got it yesterday from 13 countries. It was mainly in English but certain parts bilingual too. Judge in her speech was tying her family experience with new comers and how proud she is. The whole lot sang for my son too (when judge asked how old was he and he said he was turning 12 in 2 days,) she annouced to wish him but everyone sang.

1st you enter then they check documents then they let you in (they just checked notice, consent form n DL for adults and Health card for kids).
Made a bunch with consent and pr cards and let us in. Then next step the clerk took the pr cards and made us sign. After that announcement on order of event. Then judge enters. She speaks, then Oath taking biliingual. After that certificate handover sign again for adults, then MP speaks then O canada and both judge and MP leaves. Ceremony ends then again judge n MP comes in for photo sessions.
Congratulations once again and wish an advance happy birthday to your son!

adigautam

Jan 3, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
IELTS Request
Awaiting
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Thank you. Let me know your experience too!!
It was good, had our virtual oath ceremony yesterday, long wait time for the registration and then again for the judge. Once the Judge was in, the actual ceremony took just about 30 minutes.

Emailed the signed oath form, now the wait for the e-certificate begins, it has been a day, so far the certificate is not available

Reactions: angel1719

angel1719

Oct 25, 2015
It was good, had our virtual oath ceremony yesterday, long wait time for the registration and then again for the judge. Once the Judge was in, the actual ceremony took just about 30 minutes.

Emailed the signed oath form, now the wait for the e-certificate begins, it has been a day, so far the certificate is not available
Congratulations. e certificate comes in 2 days i think

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
Did anyone Receive a Supplementary document request from Kitchener office? How long did it take for them to update it? My BG and Test are passed, rest all are in progress.
They have requested me for my Passport copies

adigautam

Jan 3, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
IELTS Request
Awaiting
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Congratulations. e certificate comes in 2 days i think
They do claim that but it’s not always the case. I have heard from many people, they had to wait for even a week. I received mine yesterday, on day 4 since the oath, that too after I did multiple email follow ups since Friday. Going to apply for the passport today.

angel1719

Oct 25, 2015
They do claim that but it’s not always the case. I have heard from many people, they had to wait for even a week. I received mine yesterday, on day 4 since the oath, that too after I did multiple email follow ups since Friday. Going to apply for the passport today.
me too did the passport this morning. Had taken an appointment the day i found out about the oath lol so it was pretty quick. As soon as they opened the door they called for my name and I was taken in. Then it took around 35 min for the agent to process all the 4 applications. I like that we dont have to take anything except the application form n original ids with citizenship certificate. they scan and upload

Last edited:
Reactions: adigautam

Polsonlive

Oct 2, 2018
Did anyone Receive a Supplementary document request from Kitchener office? How long did it take for them to update it? My BG and Test are passed, rest all are in progress.
They have requested me for my Passport copies
What is your full timeline please?

ozaN

Nov 29, 2018

Once in a lifetime moments awesome. Was location at duke street? We'vegot in-person oath invitations yesterday for Oct 5th at Duke St.

You only took notice of appear and signed consent form with you right?

Even though your son younger than 14 still there was a reserved seat for him by you right? He took the oath together with you?

After the invitation we also received oath/affirmation of citizenship document with oath date on it. I think we are supposed to sign it after oath but don’t understand whether we need to print and take it with us to the ceremony. How was it in your case?

Were you offered e certificate after ceremony or were paper certificates already available onsite?

angel1719

Oct 25, 2015
Once in a lifetime moments awesome. Was location at duke street? We'vegot in-person oath invitations yesterday for Oct 5th at Duke St.

Even though your son younger than 14 still there was a reserved seat for him by you right? He took the oath together with you?

After the invitation we also received oath/affirmation of citizenship document with oath date on it. I think we are supposed to sign it after oath but don’t understand whether we need to print and take it with us to the ceremony. How was it in your case?

Were you offered e certificate after ceremony or were paper certificates already available onsite?
Congratulations.. it is indeed!! Yup Duke Street too. There is a paid parking close by use that..dont waste time looking for street parking haha (one tip i learnt) if your time is 1pm means actual ceremony will start at 2pm. however they need to check docs so be there by 1pm not very early.

Along with that PR cards, health cards and DL (they didn't take Health cards but verified DL and gave back)

Yes both my sons are younger than 14 and they reserved the spot for all despite i had mentioned they wont be coming with us but they eventually did. You can bring guests too who can sit on the sides to take pics. but usually others are helpful too for taking pics.

So i didnt get that but once the docs are checked they let us in then another person made us sign that paper and again when we got our certificate we had to sign it. Don't sign it before you go. Take the print out you may not need it but sign it there.

No it is just paper certificate they hand it out[

And one more tip.. try to dress formal my both boys wore suits and blazers along with my husband..the pics are for lifetime..let it be special

Reactions: ozaN

ozaN

Nov 29, 2018
Congratulations.. it is indeed!! Yup Duke Street too. There is a paid parking close by use that..dont waste time looking for street parking haha (one tip i learnt) if your time is 1pm means actual ceremony will start at 2pm. however they need to check docs so be there by 1pm not very early.

Along with that PR cards, health cards and DL (they didn't take Health cards but verified DL and gave back)

Yes both my sons are younger than 14 and they reserved the spot for all despite i had mentioned they wont be coming with us but they eventually did. You can bring guests too who can sit on the sides to take pics. but usually others are helpful too for taking pics.

So i didnt get that but once the docs are checked they let us in then another person made us sign that paper and again when we got our certificate we had to sign it. Don't sign it before you go. Take the print out you may not need it but sign it there.

No it is just paper certificate they hand it out[

And one more tip.. try to dress formal my both boys wore suits and blazers along with my husband..the pics are for lifetime..let it be special
Thanks for detailed info and tips. Congrats again on becoming a Canadian Citizen.

jinka

Oct 9, 2023
After waiting for over 3 years, I finally saw the IN PROCESS update against the Oath ceremony category on my application yesterday, and it says the Oath ceremony is on November 6th. I am yet to receive an email confirming this and giving details of the ceremony(in person/virtual)etc. Is there anyone else here for November 6th? I have made travel plans as I was not expecting this update and now I am wondering if I should reschedule the ceremony. Are they receptive to such requests? I am told we are allowed to reschedule once. Any experiences with this?