+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kitchener Waterloo Citizenship Applicants

Ripvanvinkel

Feb 12, 2015
Finished my test in Feb and BG completed in Feb. After that there has been no update on the application. I have no idea what to do. called the IRCC general help and he said there were no documents outstanding.... dont really understand.

• Sad
Reactions: etcoflife

2be_canadian

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
Today was our Oath after DM almost month , invite came from Niagara office.
Our timeline is:
March 2nd 2020 application received
AOR August 20th 2020
My background check done in 2021
Husband background check done January 2022
(Test window February 2nd to 20th )
Passed test on February 2nd
Test completed February 14th me - husband February 16th
Everything completed on May 24th ( DM)
June 16th update for Oath , Oath date July 12th
( Email sent after 10 days from Niagara office)
Oath was today.

There is no rules, obviously ... someone getting invite sooner someone later ....

emmycad

Star Member
Apr 20, 2018
Finished my test in Feb and BG completed in Feb. After that there has been no update on the application. I have no idea what to do. called the IRCC general help and he said there were no documents outstanding.... dont really understand.
You are not alone. It seems like they abandoned people who wrote their test in February. If you check the tracker from August to October, you will see that there are little or no February test guys that have moved further compared to March April and even May. Maybe they had a meeting to delay those category of people cos it cut across all processing offices :)

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
Guys,

Quick question. How long did it take for 2021 paper based applicants to have their tracker dashboard change from 'in progress' to 'complete' for Language Skills, Physical presence, Prohibitions after the citizenship test is updated to completed. Any ball park figure?

Onaki

Jan 21, 2022
Guys,

Quick question. How long did it take for 2021 paper based applicants to have their tracker dashboard change from 'in progress' to 'complete' for Language Skills, Physical presence, Prohibitions after the citizenship test is updated to completed. Any ball park figure?
mine was a month

etcoflife

Jan 12, 2017
Someone in the NF group did test this month and got oath email today. Happy for that person, fine ! But why they are penalizing us??? It gives us a bitter feeling. Literally tired of the way these people treating us at this last phase. Not a single invitation for Kitchener since one month.

Reactions: trumprefugee

hateircc

Jul 15, 2022
I’m an August 2021 family applicant. My test was marked complete 15 Feb 2022. Since then there have been no updates at all. My physical presence, prohibitions and language skills are still in progress. It’s been 5 months and counting. There website says ceremony should take place within 3-4 months of passing the test. It’s been extremely frustrating

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I’m an August 2021 family applicant. My test was marked complete 15 Feb 2022. Since then there have been no updates at all. My physical presence, prohibitions and language skills are still in progress. It’s been 5 months and counting. There website says ceremony should take place within 3-4 months of passing the test. It’s been extremely frustrating
It sure is. I've also been having delays every step of the way, even now waiting for oath for over a month after DM when most people traditionally get scheduled within a couple days to a couple weeks. I love your username btw. That's about how I'm feeling now lol

Reactions: hateircc

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016

I understand. If it's of any solace, mine is far worse. I filed for my citizenship when I was in Ottawa back in Jan 2021, and IRCC returned it back to me because of a clerical error in April 2021. I wrote back them about that and they issued me an AOR In July 2021 and background was completed by August 2021 and then I was struck with Ottawa office for a long time. Moved to GTA in a hope that , my file gets transferred to Scarborough office, probably the fastest in Canada at the moment only to have my file transferred to Kitchener. Finally got my citizenship test done in May 2022 and still waiting for the next step.

Last edited:

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys how long it take from decision made on old ECAS to get the oath invite

iceman55

May 1, 2022
I understand. If it's of any solace, mine is far worse. I filed for my citizenship when I was in Ottawa back in Jan 2021, and IRCC returned it back to me because of a clerical error in April 2021. I wrote back them about that and they issued me an AOR In July 2021 and background was completed by August 2021 and then I was struck with Ottawa office for a long time. Moved to GTA in a hope that , my file gets transferred to Scarborough office, probably the fastest in Canada at the moment only to have my file transferred to Kitchener. Finally got my citizenship test done in May 2022 and still waiting for the next step.
iirc the original situation was an incorrect received date stamp at the Sydney office. Was a very unique situation, glad you were able to get it resolved.

Btw Kitchener is probably faster than Scarborough and on par with Windsor/Niagara Falls. My understanding is Kitchener is also extremely responsive to calls and emails from applicants.

Good luck!

Kashmira89

Star Member
Dec 27, 2016
Hey Everyone,

I got my oath update today. It’s scheduled for Aug 3rd. But on the portal I see two updates for oath with same updates and the oath ceremony status still shows not started. When will it get changed to in progress, on the oath date?