+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kitchener local office after Bill C6

vsoftco

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
I got an invite today for Test at Kitchener location.
The problem is i am flying during those days and i will land at Toronto Pearson airport at 6:30 am and my Test is at 9:30 am.
I am thinking if my flight is delayed and i am not able to reach on time what can happen ? If i say reach around 10-10:30 am, will they accept me ?

And If i reschedule, how much time it takes to get next appointment for Test ?
A good idea is to check a flight tracker for the last flights with your flight number, so you can make an idea at least of the "chance of delay". For example, https://flightaware.com . In case you're flying from abroad, then you should also take into account possible delays at the customs. 6:30AM to 9:30AM should (in principle) be enough to reach Kitchener with a cab from Pearson, but again, try at least to check for delays in advance.

When did you apply? I'm still waiting for the test invite, applied almost 1 year ago (October 2018).

Kkatie

Sep 5, 2019
Sharing my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 9, 2018.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 28, 2018.
We started processing your application on September 6, 2018.

There is no further updates on the status page, but I received the test email on June 20th and did my test on July 10th. DM the following day.

Still waiting for my oath ceremony. They told me it's likely in September.

Philly898

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
Sharing my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 9, 2018.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 28, 2018.

There is no further updates on the status page, but I received the test email on June 20th and did my test on July 10th. DM the following day.

Thanks for the info! Do you mind letting me know your number of days from your physical presence calculation and whether you're a single or family applicant. I can then add all your stats to the 2018 spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UVvKb4Sem00uOCyB2kTeM2_AofgT_8b4uTJyBh9pXdg/edit#gid=1128992897

Kkatie

Sep 5, 2019
Hi I don't remember the exact number of days but I spent about 9 weeks in total out of country for vacations. And I'm applying as a single candidate.

Thanks for the info! Do you mind letting me know your number of days from your physical presence calculation and whether you're a single or family applicant. I can then add all your stats to the 2018 spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UVvKb4Sem00uOCyB2kTeM2_AofgT_8b4uTJyBh9pXdg/edit#gid=1128992897

Reactions: Philly898

Kkatie

Sep 5, 2019
Anyone received oath ceremony invite yet? Is it by email or mail please? I just saw that there is one ceremony in Kitchener on September 23rd. But I haven't heard anything from them.

Kkatie

Sep 5, 2019
Just found the oath ceremony invitation in spam. It was sent to me this morning. Ceremony will be held on September 26th. Good luck, guys and don't forget to check spam folder everyday.

Reactions: GraceCan

Qutrit

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Hello friends on the KW office! I want to ask something real quick!
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 9, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 21, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on January 29, 2019.
I haven't heard anything yet... are these waiting times normal? Or Should I worry?

Thanks in advance!

snevea

Apr 30, 2019
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 9, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 21, 2019.
I haven't heard anything yet... are these waiting times normal? Or Should I worry?

Thanks in advance!
I think you should get the test invite by next month... My application received date was Sep 17th 2018... and I got the test invite on Aug 19th 2019

Reactions: Qutrit

Philly898

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019

Thanks in advance!
I am a KW applicant from December 2018 and also in the same position as you. You can track your (and other KW applicants' wait times in the online spreadsheet here): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UVvKb4Sem00uOCyB2kTeM2_AofgT_8b4uTJyBh9pXdg/edit#gid=1293301796

Let me know if you are a single/family applicant and your physical presence days and we can also add you to the spreadsheet :) Good luck!

Reactions: Qutrit

Philly898

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019

mendia

Aug 22, 2019
did anybody completed test and dm in late July or early August receive oath invites yet? There are a few ceremonies posted all the way too oct25. Not sure if they are gonna absorb the candidates in August

Kkatie

Sep 5, 2019
Sharing my timeline:

Took my oath ceremony on September 26th and by Friday evening, I saw my status changed to "Complete".

Reactions: mmahedihasan