+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kitchener local office after Bill C6

loncan

May 21, 2013
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
Jul 2014
Thought I would share briefly about our Citizenship Ceremony yesterday.
It was all done in the same room as the test. They had fitted in all the candidates that they could, and the seating was numbered so that they knew where everyone was sat. There were guest chairs at the ends of the room. We were restricted to one guest per family (due to the Kitchener centre being a bit small), and not everyone had brought a guest.
Most people were dressed fairly smartly, and were a bit early (which is good, as it takes them time to process people), and the ceremony probably finished about 1hr15 after the official start time (I would guess that we started about 5 to 10 mins after the start time).
The staff were friendly, explained everything, and they were quite keen that the mood be positive. There was lots of encouragement to read the oath nice and loudly (apparently they watch to ensure you are actually saying it, and don't announce your name afterwards to collect the certificate if you don't), and it was done as a repeat-after-the-judge kind of method which worked easily for everyone (it was done in French and English, although a couple of his pronunciations in the French version were a bit off IMO).
The judge was keen to learn about the folks in the room, so collecting the certificates wasn't really a photo moment, but he was very obliging in posing for photos with people at the end.
We can do passport applications in two business days.
The day felt very positive, and I suspect that anybody's concerns about processing time vanish as they walk out of that room :)

Last edited:

Model_citizen

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Can we categorically say that Kitchener is one of the slowest offices around for citizenship processing? Or am I overstating?

I looked at the spreadsheet and I don’t see evidence of test evidence / interview for Applicants starting Nov / Dec 2017 (except the occasional ones). I am a March 2018 applicant; in progress since June 20. Going by this trend, I guess it will be unrealistic to expect anything before Jan 2019.

Thoughts friends? I’d be glad if anyone can comment with their experience.. thanks for your time, God speed

singhharneet

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Can we categorically say that Kitchener is one of the slowest offices around for citizenship processing? Or am I overstating?

I looked at the spreadsheet and I don’t see evidence of test evidence / interview for Applicants starting Nov / Dec 2017 (except the occasional ones). I am a March 2018 applicant; in progress since June 20. Going by this trend, I guess it will be unrealistic to expect anything before Jan 2019.

Thoughts friends? I’d be glad if anyone can comment with their experience.. thanks for your time, God speed
I agree with you. Places like Ottawa/Montreal are known to be fast-processing centers. I know friends around in the KW region waiting since March and July respectively (In process since then) so I don't have any good hopes for me. (I went into processing in Aug).

Reactions: Model_citizen

Jp4life

Aug 15, 2018
My friend and I sent our applications from Waterloo together on October 11 in separate envelopes. Both were received on October 13 at the same time. My friend got his AOR on Nov 14 and I got mine on Nov 23. My friend’s app’s status changed to ‘In Process’ on Nov 27, while mine still says ‘Application received’. I’m in the spreadsheet, but my friend is not as he is not on this forum. Here is his timeline, if someone would like to add him.

AA_UW
App sent: October 11
App received: October 13
App type: Single
No of days: 1425
AOR: Nov 13
IP: Nov 27
Hi have you heard from the kitchener office?

5hr3wd

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville --> CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
15-August-2013
Med's Done....
05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014

Fallen_Warrior

May 16, 2013
Hello,

I am a Feb 2018 applicant from Kitchener. AOR 28 Feb 2018, In-Process May 30. Nothing after that. I am bit worried now. Is the delay due to lengthy background checks or office is just slow?

Alot of people applied after me and got their oath done even in different cities. What's wrong with Kitchener.

Model_citizen

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Hello,

I am a Feb 2018 applicant from Kitchener. AOR 28 Feb 2018, In-Process May 30. Nothing after that. I am bit worried now. Is the delay due to lengthy background checks or office is just slow?

Alot of people applied after me and got their oath done even in different cities. What's wrong with Kitchener.
My guess they are under staffed. It’s unfortunate that we have to wait longer. At this rate, I wonder if they will meet 1 year timeline for most. Time will tell. Best thing we can do is apply for GCMS and hope to see some progress. Folks who have breached their 1 year mark should talk to their MPs. Provide Feedback in some shape or form when possible

Model_citizen

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Any Nov / Dec applicants who heard from Kitchener office? I can see progress for Oct applicants, nothing after that.. somebody please prove me wrong