+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kitchener Citizenship Application

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
catchvb said:
Good News: Just called CIC call center and the agent confirmed that my oath is scheduled on 7th May (Thursday). They have prepared invitation letter today and will be posting it. No e-Cas update yet.

Confusion/Question: I have to travel by road on May-15 to USA. Earliest I can apply for passport (after two business days of oath) on Tuesday 12th in-person. I am sure I will not have my passport by 15th (in normal processing.)
So shall I travel to US by road with Passport+Copy of PR Card+Landing Paper+Driver's License+Citizenship Certificate?
Will CBSA let me in Canada without Canadian Passport?
I called CIC this morning and the agent says my oath invitation letter was mailed yesterday as well. He says my oath ceremony date is May 17th though (which is a Sunday)... hmm?

pazook

Feb 27, 2012
Congrats eltorpe :D
The second good news this week for Feb. test takers :D
Yours should be also on May 7th I guess. It almost took 3 months for you

pazook

Feb 27, 2012
Hello catchvb and eltorpe;
Have you received your invitation letter in mail box? or as an update in ECAS?

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pazook said:
Nope, not for me at least. Since they sent the letter on Monday, I should get it either today/tomorrow or next Monday? No e-CAS update.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pazook said:
No update ..no mail. Normally it takes them 5 days to deliver mail and no idea how long to update eCAS. I will update my status the moment I get letter.

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eltorpe said:
I called CIC this morning and the agent says my oath invitation letter was mailed yesterday as well. He says my oath ceremony date is May 17th though (which is a Sunday)... hmm?
Well, I called the call centre again this morning. First call, the agent refused to access my file because it isn't 24 months yet since I submitted the application. Called again, and this time the agent confirmed again that my invitation letter was mailed on April 20th and my ceremony date is May 7th (not 17th!). He emailed me the list of documents I need to bring to the ceremony and also the address/time in case Canada Post lost the letter. Still hoping to get the letter today though!

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eltorpe said:
Well, I called the call centre again this morning. First call, the agent refused to access my file because it isn't 24 months yet since I submitted the application. Called again, and this time the agent confirmed again that my invitation letter was mailed on April 20th and my ceremony date is May 7th (not 17th!). He emailed me the list of documents I need to bring to the ceremony and also the address/time in case Canada Post lost the letter. Still hoping to get the letter today though!
Congrats..you are over worried.. even if you don't have ECAS update or email or Letter ..get the PR card/DL/HealthCard (just to be safe) and come to ceremony.. That's it..
They will give you the one page there to sign and you will be all set
Wait is over :) :)

Desi_Canadian

May 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-06-2010
Hi to all
My wife received today AOR ....and how long to wait for test after receiving the AOR....

This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. Citizenship and Immigration Canada(CIC) will review your application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is required. When your application has been reviewed and has met basic eligibility, CIC will invite you to acknowledge test, interview and/or ceremony, as applicable

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eltorpe said:
So, I did receive the letter today :)