+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kitchener Citizenship Application

Dandoona

Mar 1, 2015
canadian_J said:
Anyone here wrote the test on Feb 6th or after and still waiting for oath invitation like me??
My husband did his test on the 11th of Feb and had his Oath ceremony March 5th!? So he was lucky I guess.

Samilanaire

Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Desi Canadian thanks again yes I read the book a couple of times and asked myself some questions i also did practice tests from online but the book was what i mostly focused on the judge didnt question me just said congratulations n we shook hands when he presented me with the certificate

ranush

Apr 17, 2015
Hi,Kitchener folks,I would like to share with u my timeline.
Application sent on December 2013
In process February 2014
Had my test 18 March 2015
aaaaaaaand finally :D received the Oath letter, it will be on April 30

Best wishes to all of you :D

pazook

Feb 27, 2012
Congrats ranush;
So fast :D
I did my test in Feb. and still waiting for the oath letter :(
The officer told me that it will take about two months and now it is almost 2 months but no news.
How about you? what did the officer told you at the interview?

ranush

Apr 17, 2015
pazook said:
Congrats ranush;
So fast :D
I did my test in Feb. and still waiting for the oath letter :(
The officer told me that it will take about two months and now it is almost 2 months but no news.
How about you? what did the officer told you at the interview?
Thank you Pazook,
The officer told me from 6 to 8 weeks,but i received my letter yesterday and it is dated 13 April

ranush

Apr 17, 2015
We sent you a notice on April 13, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 30, 2015 at 9:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ranush said:
We sent you a notice on April 13, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 30, 2015 at 9:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Congrats.

pazook

Feb 27, 2012
Hello Kitchener Applicants
Please share if you get any new update regarding oath invitation

Good Luck
Thanks

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pazook said:
Hello Kitchener Applicants
Please share if you get any new update regarding oath invitation
Good Luck
Thanks
Nothing yet and it is frustrating :(

pazook

Feb 27, 2012
Yes it is frustrating. I am just wondering if there is a way to contact the Kitchener office directly or not?

canadian_J

May 13, 2010
Frustrating to the core.... sick and tired of logging in everyday to see if eCAS is updated....

Has anyone received OATH invitation recently?

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good News: Just called CIC call center and the agent confirmed that my oath is scheduled on 7th May (Thursday). They have prepared invitation letter today and will be posting it. No e-Cas update yet.

Confusion/Question: I have to travel by road on May-15 to USA. Earliest I can apply for passport (after two business days of oath) on Tuesday 12th in-person. I am sure I will not have my passport by 15th (in normal processing.)
So shall I travel to US by road with Passport+Copy of PR Card+Landing Paper+Driver's License+Citizenship Certificate?
Will CBSA let me in Canada without Canadian Passport?

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Called CBSA office at Niagara Falls and the officer told me that if the ceremony has been just fews days back, carry your passport and citizenship certificate. He told me that it should not be an issue once they see the date on citizenship certificate although citizenship certificate is not a travel document. Border agents may ask you few questions but you will be good.

Desi_Canadian

May 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-06-2010
Application sent march 18 2015
Returned because one document was missing
Re-sent and waiting....