Kitchener Citizenship Application

Gorgonion

Star Member
Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eltorpe said:
As you said, better to be over prepared than under prepared :p

I'll bring everything I have of course including my boarding passes.
Hi any updates on how your test was?
thanks for sharing 8)

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xenon said:
any kitchener applicants with oath in Feb?
Looks like there are four ceremonies in Feb. two on Feb-05 and two on Feb-12. People taking oath today should share their experience.
May be after next batch of successful test takers they will schedule more oath ceremonies. You should expect letter for oath soon for ceremony in last week of Feb or first half of March.

natniel

Mar 1, 2012
My wife did the exam/interview last January 16, but no oath invitation yet as of today. Anybody here who had the exam last January 16 and got an invitation for oath?

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
natniel said:
My wife did the exam/interview last January 16, but no oath invitation yet as of today. Anybody here who had the exam last January 16 and got an invitation for oath?
She will get it soon. Looks like they are scheduling the ceremony. Will you share the interview experience of your wife at Kitchener office?
I have a test/interview on Monday@8AM

natniel

Mar 1, 2012
catchvb said:
She will get it soon. Looks like they are scheduling the ceremony. Will you share the interview experience of your wife at Kitchener office?
I have a test/interview on Monday @ 8AM
I hope she will get the invitation soon. Regarding the interview experience, she said that the officer just asked her about her entry and exits, about when our baby was born and what year we got married, also about when I came to Canada (because my wife sponsored me). She also checked if my wife had any criminal prohibitions. At the end, the officer told her that the oath will be at the end of February but no exact date yet and no invitation as of today. Good luck on your test/interview. :)

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
catchvb said:
I have a test/interview on Monday @ 8AM

when i went for the test, the officer said that they are backlogged and to only expect oath end of March or early April

So Natniel, your wife will probably be called sometime in March. Let us know when she gets the oath date.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Test: Appeared for citizenship test today. 20/20. Go through citizenship book and that's what you need. Easy test. Went to Kitchener office at 8AM. There were lot of test taker ..Test started around 8:30 and I took 7-8 minutes to finish. They started calling test taker in the same order as they finished the test for the interview. I guess I was 4th or 5th to finish. With interview and everything I was out by 9:15.

Interview: CIC officers were nice and courteous. Interview took 10 minutes mostly for verifying documents and stamps on passport. I had too many stamps (around 31 pages are full with visa and stamps) on passport so I offered ATIP and other documents. He said he does not need it but it's good that it is with me and also the ATIP is too detailed. He did not ask for any T4/NOA/ATIP... He told me that most of the stuff he can see on passport so everything is good to him. I asked again if he needs any document as I travelled a lot and some of my friends have been asked for documents after the test. He said that he knows but in my case he can see most of the stuff and US border officers and CBSA do not put correct entries/stamps always. He told me that he is approving the application today and oath will be scheduled between 1-2 months times. He told me that for oath I need to bring oath letter(once you receive in mail), PR card and max of one guest. he also suggested to keep landing paper safe and secured even after the citizenship is complete. Feeling good...wait for oath letter starts :)
So now I am booking a week off to Caribbean for next week. :D

All the best to all Kitchener applicants.

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
catchvb said:
Test: Appeared for citizenship test today. 20/20. Go through citizenship book and that's what you need. Easy test. Went to Kitchener office at 8AM. There were lot of test taker ..Test started around 8:30 and I took 7-8 minutes to finish. They started calling test taker in the same order as they finished the test for the interview. I guess I was 4th or 5th to finish. With interview and everything I was out by 9:15.

Interview: CIC officers were nice and courteous. Interview took 10 minutes mostly for verifying documents and stamps on passport. I had too many stamps (around 31 pages are full with visa and stamps) on passport so I offered ATIP and other documents. He said he does not need it but it's good that it is with me and also the ATIP is too detailed. He did not ask for any T4/NOA/ATIP... He told me that most of the stuff he can see on passport so everything is good to him. I asked again if he needs any document as I travelled a lot and some of my friends have been asked for documents after the test. He said that he knows but in my case he can see most of the stuff and US border officers and CBSA do not put correct entries/stamps always. He told me that he is approving the application today and oath will be scheduled between 1-2 months times. He told me that for oath I need to bring oath letter(once you receive in mail), PR card and max of one guest. he also suggested to keep landing paper safe and secured even after the citizenship is complete. Feeling good...wait for oath letter starts :)
So now I am booking a week off to Caribbean for next week. :D

All the best to all Kitchener applicants.
Hey, catchvb! Congratulations!

For everyone:
Test: I was 3rd to finish today and got 20/20 as well. We started late because they didn't have enough test booklets so we waited while they made more.

Interview:
  • Took barely 5 minutes for me.
  • The officer checked my COPR, commented that I had kept it in very good condition and suggested I keep it that way as I will need it in the future for benefits, etc.
  • He checked my driver's license and health card against the copies I had submitted with the application. He noticed I had changed my driver's license (as I moved since applying) so he made a copy of the new driver's license and attached it to my file.
  • Next, was residency. He checked my passport against the absences/dates declared on the residence calculator and did not ask for additional documents.
  • He said everything looked good and he was approving my file. I watched him as he ticked a bunch of boxes on a form.
  • Finally, he told me to expect my oath ceremony to be in 1-2 months and that I only had to bring the media release consent form and my PR card then, and I can only bring 1 guest at most.

Additional notes:
While we were waiting for the test to start, the officer asked if we had any questions and someone asked about the wait time from the test to the oath ceremony. The officer said we will be in the next ceremony that they schedule and they schedule ceremonies one month in advance. I'm guessing that's why they say wait time is 1-2 months because it depends on the time of the month the test is written and whether they have scheduled the oath ceremonies for the following month already.

natniel

Mar 1, 2012
eltorpe said:
Hey, catchvb! Congratulations!

For everyone:
Test: I was 3rd to finish today and got 20/20 as well. We started late because they didn't have enough test booklets so we waited while they made more.

Interview:
  • Took barely 5 minutes for me.
  • The officer checked my COPR, commented that I had kept it in very good condition and suggested I keep it that way as I will need it in the future for benefits, etc.
  • He checked my driver's license and health card against the copies I had submitted with the application. He noticed I had changed my driver's license (as I moved since applying) so he made a copy of the new driver's license and attached it to my file.
  • Next, was residency. He checked my passport against the absences/dates declared on the residence calculator and did not ask for additional documents.
  • He said everything looked good and he was approving my file. I watched him as he ticked a bunch of boxes on a form.
  • Finally, he told me to expect my oath ceremony to be in 1-2 months and that I only had to bring the media release consent form and my PR card then, and I can only bring 1 guest at most.

Additional notes:
While we were waiting for the test to start, the officer asked if we had any questions and someone asked about the wait time from the test to the oath ceremony. The officer said we will be in the next ceremony that they schedule and they schedule ceremonies one month in advance. I'm guessing that's why they say wait time is 1-2 months because it depends on the time of the month the test is written and whether they have scheduled the oath ceremonies for the following month already.
Congratz catchvb!
Congratz eltorpe!

I have a question, what is the media release form?

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
natniel said:
I have a question, what is the media release form?
You get that form with oath invitation letter stating that the ceremony can be recorded and/or photographed and it may be released to media. Nothing to worry for this form. I am eagerly waiting for this form to arrive . lol.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looks like Kitchener office has scheduled weekly Oath Ceremony 2 ceremonies in every Thursday. Feb12, Feb19, Feb26 as of now.
Some of us should get the oath invitation letter.