+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kitchener Citizenship Application

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
catchvb said:
Some guys got letter by post on Jan-12. You might get letter in a week.
where are you seeing this info? and are these kitchener applicants?

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xenon said:
where are you seeing this info? and are these kitchener applicants?
I think you already got it on the May thread. Some guy posted about test invite yesterday. I think you might see in your mail box in few days. I am guessing you are not the Email-AOR recipient .

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
catchvb said:
I think you already got it on the May thread. Some guy posted about test invite yesterday. I think you might see in your mail box in few days. I am guessing you are not the Email-AOR recipient .
nope, old process

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got my test invite for 30 Jan. Letter was posted on 15 Jan.

question for anyone who has completed interview at Kitchener. I have a couple of entry and exit stamps from Dubai which is in Arabic, did they ask for translations?

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xenon said:

question for anyone who has completed interview at Kitchener. I have a couple of entry and exit stamps from Dubai which is in Arabic, did they ask for translations?
Good news! So, approx. 4 months between transfer to local office and test invite, huh?

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xenon said:

Good news. My spouse had few stamps in Spanish/Russian and they did not ask for translation.I have heard good things about officer's in Kitchener.
But if you can get translation for YMCA or anyplace without paying a fortune or much effort..it does not hurt. You never know.
All the best and keep us posted.

Hopefully next is "Eltorpe" and me. :)

Gorgonion

Star Member
Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xenon said:

Nice to see that things are moving in Kitchener office.

bigdee008

Aug 16, 2014
From what I was told by the CIC officer that handled my case, they cleared a huge chunk of backlogged files between Aug and Dec 2014, So things should continue smoothly going forward.

Gorgonion said:
Nice to see that things are moving in Kitchener office.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bigdee008 said:
From what I was told by the CIC officer that handled my case, they cleared a huge chunk of backlogged files between Aug and Dec 2014, So things should continue smoothly going forward.
Did you have your test? Can you update your timeline?

bigdee008

Aug 16, 2014
Application Recieved on October 25, 2013.

Letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 25, 2013.

We started processing your application on December 27, 2013.

We sent you a notice on June 19, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 25, 2014 at 8:30 AM.

July 25, 2014 - Test Score 20/20 - Interview took about 20 Mins - Concern was raised about my passport not being stamped for 2 of my trips and said he would request CBSA report.

December 9, 2014 - Phone call from CIC officer, apologizing for the delay in my application, he assured me that all is well with my application and that they were clearing a backlog which was now completed. He said I should get the oath invite soon.

Dec 19, 2014. I received the Oath Invite scheduled for January 13, 2015.

Jan 13, 2015. I became Citizen.

catchvb said:
Did you have your test? Can you update your timeline?

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bigdee008 said:
Application Recieved on October 25, 2013.

Letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 25, 2013.

We started processing your application on December 27, 2013.

We sent you a notice on June 19, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 25, 2014 at 8:30 AM.

July 25, 2014 - Test Score 20/20 - Interview took about 20 Mins - Concern was raised about my passport not being stamped for 2 of my trips and said he would request CBSA report.

December 9, 2014 - Phone call from CIC officer, apologizing for the delay in my application, he assured me that all is well with my application and that they were clearing a backlog which was now completed. He said I should get the oath invite soon.

Dec 19, 2014. I received the Oath Invite scheduled for January 13, 2015.

Jan 13, 2015. I became Citizen.

Congrats !