+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kitchener Citizenship Application

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
Hi all, I did the test in October 2014 then was asked to submit more docs which I did early Nov. This week I called CIC to know that my file has been referred to a judge in December...how long you think it will take to get invite to Oath or interview with a Judge? Thanks

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
egyo said:
Hi all, I did the test in October 2014 then was asked to submit more docs which I did early Nov. This week I called CIC to know that my file has been referred to a judge in December...how long you think it will take to get invite to Oath or interview with a Judge? Thanks
I have no idea. Hopefully it should be soon as now judges have less approvals to do. BTW can you share what kind of documents they asked you to submit and what was the reason to refer to judge?

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received letter for test by mail. Test on Feb-09-2015.
No eCas update.

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
catchvb said:
Received letter for test by mail. Test on Feb-09-2015.
No eCas update.
Congrats! Catchvb.

If you could write the text of the test letter, please. Was there just one letter or two letters as "Eltorpe" was talking? What kind of documents are being asked to bring?

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thepolestar said:
Congrats! Catchvb.
If you could write the text of the test letter, please. Was there just one letter or two letters as "Eltorpe" was talking? What kind of documents are being asked to bring?
Thank you Xenon and thepolestar,

Xenon.. All the best for your test tomorrow.

thepolestar...Two letters in one mail. One test invite and one form that you are not prohibited from not getting citizenship.
They are asking for original documents for which you submitted copies with the application for verification. List can be found in the application check list. exact same documents.

BTW today Kitchener is having two citizenship ceremony. We should see some updates here.

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
catchvb said:
Thank you Xenon and thepolestar,

Xenon.. All the best for your test tomorrow.

thepolestar...Two letters in one mail. One test invite and one form that you are not prohibited from not getting citizenship.
They are asking for original documents for which you submitted copies with the application for verification. List can be found in the application check list. exact same documents.

BTW today Kitchener is having two citizenship ceremony. We should see some updates here.
Thanks for the update. Since you are amongst first few applicants with email AOR, going for the exam, we will wait for your update about your exam day experience.

Good Luck again for that.

natniel

Mar 1, 2012
Hi everyone!

Anybody here did the exam in kitchener last January 16, 2015 and got oath invitation already? My wife did the exam last January 16 and the officer told her the oath will be last week of Feb, but she didn't specify a date. Until now we still don't have the oath invitation.

Thanks!

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
natniel said:
Hi everyone!
Anybody here did the exam in kitchener last January 16, 2015 and got oath invitation already? My wife did the exam last January 16 and the officer told her the oath will be last week of Feb, but she didn't specify a date. Until now we still don't have the oath invitation.
Thanks!
It takes about a month in general to get letter. Also they have nothing scheduled for oath as of now in Feb. You can Google CIC citizenship ceremony and find the dates available for Kitchener.
I think once they have some oath ceremony scheduled your wife will get the oath invite. It should be soon. Do not worry.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think "Xenon" you had a test today. How was your test and interview?
Also notalawyer , natniel , bigdee , you all had a recent test/interview ..will you like to share your interview experiences.

Anyone who had done test and interview recently at Kitchener office please share your interview experiences.
I will love to be over prepared for the interview than under prepared.
Your input will be really helpful.

Thank you.

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
catchvb said:
I think "Xenon" you had a test today. How was your test and interview?
Also notalawyer , natniel , bigdee , you all had a recent test/interview ..will you like to share your interview experiences.

Anyone who had done test and interview recently at Kitchener office please share your interview experiences.
I will love to be over prepared for the interview than under prepared.
Your input will be really helpful.

Thank you.
Breezy, I was done by 9.30. The interview was mainly to test language skills, the officer had already completed pp validation prior to the interview. I included a clour copy of my entire passport. She said oath date to be expected around end of March or early April. So, their estimated wait time is 2 months from test to oath. Officers at Kitchener cic are really nice and friendly.

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xenon said:
I included a clour copy of my entire passport.
I looked back at my copy of my application package and I had only included, in addition to the bio page, every page of my passport(s) that has a Canadian entry stamp or visa. After seeing your post, I wish I had included every page or at least the pages with the U.S. entry stamps.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eltorpe said:
I looked back at my copy of my application package and I had only included, in addition to the bio page, every page of my passport(s) that has a Canadian entry stamp or visa. After seeing your post, I wish I had included every page or at least the pages with the U.S. entry stamps.
If you are too worried: Carry copy of your passport (all pages) with ATIP report and I-94 record from US (which i remember you already ordered).

Otherwise: Carry copy of your passport (all pages) .

You will be alright buddy.

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
catchvb said:
If you are too worried: Carry copy of your passport (all pages) with ATIP report and I-94 record from US (which i remember you already ordered).

Otherwise: Carry copy of your passport (all pages) .

You will be alright buddy.
As you said, better to be over prepared than under prepared :p

I'll bring everything I have of course including my boarding passes.