+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kitchener Citizenship Application

iris66

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
radek99 said:
I did my test today (Me, my wife and daughter, kids 10 and 8 dont need interview, they are already aproved). Finish in 5 minutes for 100%. Interview, mostly checking documents, about 10 minutes, Oath probably end of august or begining September.

Good luck for everybody.

Best website for studying: citizenshipsupport.ca
Hi radek99, l did my test yesterday (July 31, 2014) in Kitchener. Please let us know when there is an update. Good luck.

Batman1

Aug 5, 2014
Hi can anyone help with this info
Apiang2012 said:
Dear Leon, keesio, meyakanor, et 'al
I really need some advise and help. Following is my situation. Will appreciate if you can help answer the following questions ...

Status
1) July 25th, 2010 - Landed in Canada
2) July 30th, 2015 - PR card expires
3) US B2 Visa - Expires in 2022 (15 years multiple visa)
4) US I-94 expires on 9/5/14
5) Stayed 2010-2014 4 consecutive years in Ontario Canada Ontario

Situation
I recently travelled to the US and ended up getting married. Due to marriage I-94 rule of 6 months does not apply to me as I am married to a US citizen. On 9/5/14 I would have completed my six months stay in the US. Few things I am worried about. I do not want to loose my Canadian PR or Canadian Citizenship and am not ready to give up my Canadian PR or Citizenship.

Following are my questions that I really need help and if possible help advise based on current Canadian immigration laws

I have Canadian PR and expires on 6/30/2015
Q1: If I choose to stay in the US for more than six months? will the Canadian immigration give me hard time upon my return to Canada ?
A) Suppose I stayed in the US for 1 year?
B) Suppose I stayed in the US for 8 months?
C) Is there anything else that would cause issues that will effect my PR or Canadian Citizenship?

Q2: At this point I believe I qualify to apply for my Citizenship?
A) Will staying in the US for more than six months effect my citizenship? even though I have stayed in Canada for more than 4 years consecutively ?
B) Will there be any impacts to my Canadian citizenship?
C) When should I apply for my Canadian citizenship?

Q3: College enrolment in the US
A) If I am enrolled in College and my semester ends in December 2014 will this have any impact on my citizenship? this will make my stay out of Canada for total of 8 months

Q4:Need help and advise on when to apply to my Canadian Citizenship?
A) Can I apply for my Canadian citizen ship in the US ?
B) Can I attest the needed Canadian immigration documents in the US?
C) Can I have anyone that will represent me in Canada to submit my immigration documents for citizenship? will this stay more than 6 months have any impact on my citizenship application?

Any comments and advise is appreciated. Thank you in advance for you help and comments

saeedyou

Aug 11, 2014
radek99 said:
Nothing yet
My timeline for the citizenship application
Started Dec-2011
RQ Sent in Aug-2012
Test Wrote on June 9th-2014
Waiting for Oath. How long does it take to receive the invitation for the oath?

Jems916

Dec 16, 2013
My husbands ECAS was updated today:

We sent you a notice on August 12, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 27, 2014 at 9:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We haven't received the letter yet but it should arrive in the next few days. We're so excited that he's almost done ;D Hopefully everyone will start hearing more information soon!

iris66

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Jems916 said:
My husbands ECAS was updated today:

We sent you a notice on August 12, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 27, 2014 at 9:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We haven't received the letter yet but it should arrive in the next few days. We're so excited that he's almost done ;D Hopefully everyone will start hearing more information soon!
Jems916 - congrats

bigdee008

Aug 16, 2014
iris66 said:
bigdee008 - what's your timeline?
Hi Iris, see my timeline below:

I sent my Application on October 19, 2013.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 25, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 25, 2013.

We started processing your application on December 27, 2013.

We sent you a notice on June 19, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 25, 2014 at 8:30 AM.

iris66

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
bigdee008 said:
Hi Iris, see my timeline below:

I sent my Application on October 19, 2013.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 25, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 25, 2013.

We started processing your application on December 27, 2013.

We sent you a notice on June 19, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 25, 2014 at 8:30 AM.
Any updates

iris66

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Called CIC today and was informed that oath letter was sent to me yesterday. My ceremony is scheduled for 25th of September. Good luck to others that are still waiting for test/oath.