+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston vs. Toronto ? which one? (MEng student)

snsajedi

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
Dear friends,

I am going to enroll as a MEng student (Chemical Engineering) in Ontario for the Fall 2017.
I have two offers from Queen's university and Ryerson university.

But I have not yet reached into a proper decision that which university and city to choose to settle and study.
As you know QueensU is in Kingston and Ryerson is in Toronto.
My parameters in order to select one of them are cost of living and study (I don't have fund since they are MEng), the living indexes of the cities and finding job after the one year study. (at the first look, QueensU is more prestigious than Ryerson, but maybe being in Toronto can provide me more job seeking opportunities)
So I appreciate if you could advise me which one would be better to choose??
Thanks

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
If you plan to work part-time during your studies then Ryerson U/Toronto would avail more opportunities

Living in Toronto would also give you more opportunities to network and link to potential employers that could be useful after your graduation if you want to work in Canada.

That said Queen's is certainly more prestigious than Ryerson and you might want to compare their Engineering programs as well before you come to a final decision.

Reactions: snsajedi

snsajedi

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
If you plan to work part-time during your studies then Ryerson U/Toronto would avail more opportunities

Living in Toronto would also give you more opportunities to network and link to potential employers that could be useful after your graduation if you want to work in Canada.

That said Queen's is certainly more prestigious than Ryerson and you might want to compare their Engineering programs as well before you come to a final decision.
Thanks for your logical reply. Yes I plan to work as part time job if I could find one, so it seems that Toronto would be more reasonable to choose.
However, I like Kingston city since I guess it is a quiet and calm city and has nice environment (although I have not seen yet both cities ;)) and also my costs in Kingston will be less than in Toronto. Do you think that is it possible to find any part time job in Kingston since I am from Iran and not native to its people and culture? I am not familiar with Kingston industries or business markets.