08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Good Morning Forum Family....

Congrats to all the updates and reunions... love to read them as always.

Charlie - love the fact that you have taken over as the boss lady around here... knew you would be the best at doing the update list... It has been passed on to the best thats for sure..!!

Canuck - good stuff with Mrs. starting her own buisness... Love a good strong independent women! Tell her congrats and best of luck!!

Cant believe Tiana is 3 months this Thursday (13 weeks tomorrow) She is such a little diva its not funny... and she is finally starting to look like MOMMY! Yay! Love her to bits n peices!

Fingers are crossed and saying prayers for those who are still waiting...

26 days till i am back in JA!!!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Morning kc (or rather, afternoon to you now, LOL)!

3 months? :eek: Ms Tiana is growing into her name, LOL! My best friend in HS recently had a lovely baby boy, and has nothing for her except her nose. Hopefully when all the wrinkles are smoothed out we might see more of her in him. It's for sure her husband has a lot on his hands if he takes his personality from her though! :p

Haha, thank you, I love doing the updates, and although I was terribly unsure about taking over from Nae and those who went before her (big shoes to fill, but only figuratively speaking ladies!) everyone has been very supportive and I am glad of that. Being update keeper kept me in the loop while I was still preparing my app, and now that I am in the waiting line, it gives me something very encouraging to do, marking off the progress of those ahead in line. :)

Don't forget to stock up on the sunblock this trip, the sun is wicked and the rain has given us a pass since we had that trough last month. The mango tree over the house and I are friends again, plans for the purchase of a chain saw have been shelved. Until next mango season. ::)

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
charlie hun... for you there will be no next mango season... they don't grow so well in Ontario ;)

kc enjoy jamaica, i'm sure Tiana will be even more the princess after she's spoiled rotten...

i'm looking flights as i type... actually looking a few nights in couples for a get away... i think i have the hubby talked into it, so i'm getting all the ducks in a row for a final all or nothing sales pitch... i have come to a point that i'm suffering serious burnout and need a break badly.... he thinks that just going to jamaica to stay up in the house will be a break, but sadly NOTHING about clarendon really says "break" to me... i want to be somewhere where drinks have fancy names and are brought to me on the beach when i wave a little flag :)

nae... if i haven't said it already, my condolences...

congrats, hey, hang in there, and welcome to everyone else (please pick the one that applies).... i am SO not good lately... sorry all... my thoughts are with you!!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Hahaha chelley, I just told hubby I want my money back if there are no mango trees in ON, and he said "no refunds, returns or complaints accepted."

If you decide on Couples Negril, let me know, I have friends there, I will ask them to make sure you are well taken care of, little flag included. ;)

Irving

Feb 28, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/01/11
File Transfer...
09/02/11
Med's Done....
20/09/10
Passport Req..
15/08/11
GOOD DAY EVERYONE! ABICORGRINGO!!! thats splendid news!!! your a short ticker away from being reunited!
Wow Tiana is growing... her first trip home, enjoy KC!
Randysgirl, its always ahrd to say good-bye to moma, My mom will likely come here to help me organize too, it somthing about a mothers touch that just pulls everything togther, glad to hear your ready and waiting!!! Any day now girl!
Charlie... you and your chainsaw fantasies! lol glad to hear you and your tree made peace! Sorry to hear there are no refunds!
Chelley!! Enjoy your vaction... in dum dum dum.. Clarendon,, kidnap the man, and wave your flag, and have a mojito with extra lime for me!

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
Hey everyone!!!

Congrats Abricorgringo!!!! That is awesome news!!! You are one step closer to hearing more good news... the road will soon be over :D

Randygirls!!! So glad mom got to organize and went to do a little shopping... I am keeping you in my thoughts and hoping that you're hubby will get the call soon!!! How was your time with mom?? Did you take some time off work while she was down??

KC.. wow you're little one must be getting so big... 3 months almost wow... time flies... Have a great time on your trip just in case I don't get to tell you before you leave...

Chelley... take some time off girl and enjoy... Its good to listen to your body and know when its time to rest... take care of yourself girl!!!!

Charlie... what did you do for your anniversary on the weekend??

SmoothiesQueen

Jun 18, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
Hey forum family

Congrats on those that have updates....and crossing my fingers for those still waiting.

I feel like our application has been in forever even though its only been like two months, including this one...and only one month in Jamaica. I'm really wishing it would go fast, though I know I have to wait.

Hubby is going through this weird but probaly normal up and down state. He loves loves loves Jamaica, and sometimes I feel like I'm doing something bad taking him to Canada. This was never in his life plans and I sometimes feel like those woman who married a man who WANTED to go abroad are lucky because they want it, my husband doesnt. And it brings me this constant worry that he will hate Canada and just always be " making the best of it" for our sakes and we will never really settle and be happy.

But then he turns around and has days where he's excited for it, and excited to work and save money and buy our first home,and be able to give his kids and wife everything he possibly can. Excited to see Canada and do new things!!

I'm telling you its like bi polar emotions around here!!! Can be some very frusterating days because I love Jamaica and wish it could be all I want it to be for me, but truthfully being farrin and white prevents you from entering into a lot. There is a divide, always, no matter how much you settle in!! Its like being at the window of a Candy shop and you can smell it, see it but can't have it!! I have days I love living here, and plenty I hate living here. And I just dont know what I want anymore....I want to go to Canada so badly, but I'm afraid to leave Jamaica, afraid of how this process will be for hubby. And sometimes I feel a bit panicked at the thought of Jamaica not being my home anymore.Gosh now I'm the bi polar one!!

Thanks for letting me have one of my vents on here!!

You all rock, and are the only ones that understand!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Hey lonely_wife_who_needs_a_new_name! LOL, I tease. We went home to Negril, of course, and invited one or two people to come for dinner with us, and cut the top layer of our wedding cake, yay! We spent a lot of time in the water, hubby learned how to snorkel, and got the requisite jellyfish sting, poor thing. It wasn't too serious, though, it brushed by us as we explored the waters off the cliffs of West End. All in all, we had a wonderful time.

SQ - my husband has days like yours, too. Most of the time, he loves it here, and he talks about making our home here. I would gladly do so, were it not for the fact that our healthcare standards are below what he's used to and needs. The constant visits required by his condition would put us in the poor house here, not to mention my constant worry would drive him insane, LOL. Other days, when we try to get simple things done and run into all kinds of roadblocks, he cannot wait for this process to be over and for us to leave. I understand his frustration, and I've lived here most of my life.

I have days when I contemplate with horror leaving my family behind, I am very close to my mother and brothers. I have to remind myself that other have made a life outside Jamaica, so me leaving to live elsewhere wouldn't diminish my bond with them either. I have days when I simply cannot wait to see firsthand all the places my husband describes to me, and to know that we no longer need to maintain two homes. I refuse to get excited just yet, though, it's too early for that, LOL.

All in all, this is a process that I really wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. It's not something just anyone can deal with! For those who make it successfully through, like any other crisis overcome together, I believe it makes them stronger. Keep on keepin' on with hubby!

jahlove

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-10
AOR Received.
1-12-10
File Transfer...
13-10-10
Med's Done....
21-06-10
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
January 26, 2012
Good morning all, have a blessed day.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Morning jahlove, proper and all :)

It's Hump Day, so of course I couldn't let it pass without one of these:

A 16-year-old girl finally had the opportunity to go to a party by herself. Since she was very good-looking, she was a bit nervous about what to do if boys hit on her. Her mom said, "It's very easy! Whenever a boy starts hitting on you, you ask him, 'What will be the name of our baby?' That'll scare them off." So off she went. After a little while at the party, a boy started dancing with her, and little by little he started kissing her and touching her. She asked him, "What will our baby be called?" The boy found some excuse and disappeared. Some time later, the same thing happened again: a boy started to kiss her neck, her shoulders... She stopped him and asked about the baby's name, and he ran off.

Later on, another boy invited her for a walk. After a few minutes, he started kissing her, and she asked him, "What will our baby be called?" He continued, now slowly taking her clothes off. "What will our baby be called?" she asked once more. He began to have sex with her. "What will our baby be called?!" she asked again. After he was done, he took off his "full" condom, gave it a knot, and said, "If he gets out of this one... David Copperfield!

Have a great day!

JoyVine1309

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Ontario-Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
Doc's Request.
13-12-2011
File Transfer...
11-07-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-2011
Passport Req..
13-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2012
LANDED..........
18-01-2012
Goodmorning all,

Sorry I have not been online latley..I have been so busy. My son Nathanyel just turned four so we had a big BBQ bash for him on sunday, and then monday he had surgery :'( poor little guy. He had to have tubes in his ears and his adnoids removed. I hope to never have to see him in that much pain again. But safe to say he is fully recovered now and active as usual- every so often he does complain its to loud and his ear tingles. but needless to say he is doing great! ;D

So today is update day for the CIC so I am hoping to see some good news on eCAS......atleast a "in process" would be good since this week they should be doing my application!

Speaking of applications, my husbands friend supposedly got a call for his passport yesterday so he has to go to KGN to give it to them and he is on his way, which i think is very strange since they filed in early april. I told my husband there is NO WAY it could have been so fast expecially when they were delayed 42 days for the FIRST part. Im very happy for them tho if it is true :p just seems a bit fast for me considering thats only 4 months and then there is tons of people 9 months+ still waiting.

Anyways, I hope all is well with everyone!! Let me know if there is any new updates :-*

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
JoyVine, glad the little man is feeling better!

If you check the KG Excel sheet in my signature, you will see that some persons have been processed in 3-5 months, so it is not impossible for your friend to be approved already. It's rare, but not unheard of.

I would find it strange only because KG seems to be moving by the month when the applications are received, and they seem to be on the applications received late 2010 to early 2011 (filed Nov-Dec 2010). If your friend's application was filed in April 2011, it would be very fast indeed, since KG would have had the application for only one month or so, given that the timelines for CPC-M went over 30 days around April. Whatever the case is, I must say good luck to them, they were extremely fortunate in their assigned IO.

JoyVine1309

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Ontario-Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
Doc's Request.
13-12-2011
File Transfer...
11-07-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-2011
Passport Req..
13-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2012
LANDED..........
18-01-2012
Yes, I completly agree with you CharlieD. I told my husband maybe he didnt understand right and they filed way before that. but maybe infact they did apply in april. I've heard of someones app taking 6 weeks and recieved theirs. so anything is really possible.