Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
SOON COME
morning all I hope kingston makes some calls today the anticipation is now turning to sadness please call hubby and all the others waiting for a call

jahlove

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-10
AOR Received.
1-12-10
File Transfer...
13-10-10
Med's Done....
21-06-10
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
January 26, 2012
Good morning family, i don't need to ask how you all doing because i have been reading congratulations on all those lovely updates, its about time.

I had to take some time off to sort some stuff out, as you all know i was waiting for that letter from the embassy, well it came and it was not what i was expecting. I am now in the process of preparing what was requested and then try to move on from there.

Hoping and So praying that thing will be fine from now on. Thanks guys for being my support. BIG UP CHELLY!!, you are the best.

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
just popping in to say thanks jahlove... hang in there and keep us updated, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you...

hope everyone else is having a lovely Thursday (it is Thursday, right? ugh!) i'm taking a few days of downtime over the next week and a bit to decompress after being very busy at work for the last few months... I'm off to pick up a few things and a bite to eat from the mall

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
good morning everyone!!

congrats to everyone with updates and welcome to the newbies ;D

chelley - the belly is coming along quite nicely, thanks for asking lol all is well, I'm healthy and feeling great most days. I do get tired some days but that's par for the course.

jahlove - I've been thinking of you. Thanks for posting and I'm sorry the letter wasn't what you were expecting. I hope everything works out in your favour....keeping my fingers crossed for you

sorry folks, I haven't been around much lately because we received some bad news...my husband's youngest brother passed unexpectedly. We will be heading to JA soon to attend the funeral so I won't be around much in the coming weeks. My midwife says its definitely safe for me to travel, just have to pick up a copy of my records and a letter stating same. The family is looking forward to giving me belly rubs lol

In the meantime, I hope KG is working hard and cranks out those PPR's for those waiting!!

Irving

Feb 28, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/01/11
File Transfer...
09/02/11
Med's Done....
20/09/10
Passport Req..
15/08/11
Jahlove, sorry hun! I hope for a speedy process now that you have the ability to do what is asked of you! Take care, and chin up! Nae Nae.. so sorry to hear about you brother inlaw.. thats awful, I hope hubby and you have safe travels just wish it was for better circumstances

togirl2011

Star Member
Feb 6, 2011
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2010
Doc's Request.
25-05-2011
AOR Received.
25-01-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2011
LANDED..........
24-06-2011
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
hubby has his pp and he's booked to arrive tomorrow in TO. I am so friggin excited :) :) :) ;D ;D :p :-*

Hubby is very excited too. He has been packed since the weekend. that in itself is an accomplishment. i've never seen him be so organized. he told me he's practicing being canadian LOL. gotta luv him!

can't wait for tomorrow's landing so Charlie can update us on the list. C'mon KGN make a few likkle calls

JoyVine1309

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Ontario-Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
Doc's Request.
13-12-2011
File Transfer...
11-07-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-2011
Passport Req..
13-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2012
LANDED..........
18-01-2012
CONGRATS TO TOGIRL2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT IS AMAZING NEWS! My bestfriends husband is also arriving today. at 5 months since app filed.

Im so happy for you all as my time is fast approching :p

JoyVine1309

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Ontario-Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
Doc's Request.
13-12-2011
File Transfer...
11-07-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-2011
Passport Req..
13-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2012
LANDED..........
18-01-2012
Hey Charlie D,

Is it possible for you to give me a rundown of all the short forms used in this forum for the applications. ie. AOR PPR stuff like that.

thanks

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joyvine we can all help u Charlie is the mother hen tho got all the good info she our forum guru ;D

but are there any specific acronym u need help with?

JoyVine1309

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Ontario-Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
Doc's Request.
13-12-2011
File Transfer...
11-07-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-2011
Passport Req..
13-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2012
LANDED..........
18-01-2012
Hey ked,

Yes, anyone can help with this.

Its not any one type, but I would like to be aware of these when people are talking and refer to anyone of these codes or short forms used :p

JoyVine1309

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Ontario-Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
Doc's Request.
13-12-2011
File Transfer...
11-07-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-2011
Passport Req..
13-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2012
LANDED..........
18-01-2012
LOL!!!! Ked I do the same...try to peice it together haha :p

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Good morning everyone, here is some info for your requests
Immigration acronyms:
========================

AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt

CAIPS - Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System. This is the computer system used by Citizenship and Immigration Canada for storing all overseas visa application information. This system records every bit of information you provide. It is like an electronic identity; existence of the applicant. This is very helpful when anything abnormal happens (e.g. delay in reply, lack of updation, long processing time). It is also helpful when you are selected for the interview. You can know the probable cause of interview requirement by obtaining the CAIPS notes.
CANN - Community Airport Newcomers' Network
CELPIP - Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program. This is one of only two English language testing organizations approved by CIC (IELTS is the other). CELPIP testing is only available in Canada (Vancouver and Toronto) and China.
CPP - Canada Pension Plan
CIC - Citizenship and Immigration Canada
CICIC - Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials
CIDA - Canadian International Development Agency
COPR - Confirmation of Permanent Resident Form
CSQ - Certificate du Selection du Quebec (Quebec Certificate of Selection)

DMP - Designated Medical Practitioner. Under the Skilled Worker Program application all family members must undergo a medical exam, performed by a doctor that has been approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
IRPA - Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
IRPR - Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations
EAL - English as an Additional Language
e-CAS - e-Client Application Status. This on-line service allows CIC clients to view securely the status of immigration and/or citizenship application(s) on-line, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may use this service if you have sponsored a member of the family class, applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada, applied for a permanent resident card (initial, replacement or renewal), applied for a grant of Canadian citizenship, or applied for a proof of Canadian citizenship.
EFL - English as a Foreign Language
EI - Employment Insurance (also sometimes referred to as unemployment insurance)
ELT - English Language Training/Teaching
ESL - English as a Second Language
ESOL - English for Speakers of Other Languages
ESP - English for Specific Purposes
GIC - Guaranteed Investment Certificate
GST - Goods and Services Tax
H&C grounds - Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds. In the case of Canadian immigration, refers to section A25(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Any person who does not comply with the three categories of immigration to Canada (family, economic and refugee) may ask to be considered for immigration selection on H&C grounds.
HRDC (see HRSDC) - former Human Resources Development Canada
HRSDC - Human Resources and Skills Development Canada. The government agency responsible for performing both Arranged Employment Opinions and Labour Market Opinions for the purposes of obtaining employment confirmation letters. Such letters may be required by Skilled Worker applicants when attempting to qualify for the additional ten points under the Arranged Employment Factor.
ICCS - International Council for Canadian Studies
ID - Identification
IELTS - International English Language Testing System. One of only two English language testing organizations approved by CIC (CELPIP is the other). Note that Skilled Worker applicants will want to complete the IELTS 'General Training' exams, not the 'Academic Training' exams.
IRPA - Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
MSP - Medical Services Plan
NOC - National Occupational Classification
NGO - Non-Governmental Organization
OLA - Open Learning Agency
PST - Provincial Sales Tax
RCMP - Royal Canadian Mounted Police
RRPF - Right of Permanent Residence Fee
RRSP - Registered Retirement Savings Plan
SIN -Social Insurance Number
SWP - Skilled Worker Program
TEF - Test d'Evaluation de Français. The only French language testing organization approved by CIC. Note that Skilled Workers are to complete the following tests: Comprehension Ocrite / Comprehension Orale / Expression Ecrite / Expression Orale.
VSO - Voluntary Services Overseas
WCB - Workers' Compensation Board
YMCA - Young Men's Christian Association
YWCA - Young Women's Christian Association
IA-Intial Assessment
PPR-Passport Request