+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

MrsMcLaughlin

Oct 24, 2014
canjamdiva said:
Hey everyone , for those who understand their file notes, I'm just trying to see if they are recommending an interview for hubby... Hints for where to look? Or might it not be there as yet? They've had the file in Kingston since December 2015.

Thanks!
If you look at the eligibility section, what does your status say? That's where you might see something about an interview. If your status says not started then they haven't looked at your file yet, but if they have looked at it and it's in queue for an interview it will say something there about it. Our eligibility status changed from not started to review required about 3 months after kingston received our file (after our initial review), but then it sat there untouched for another almost 7 more months before we got our PPR

Shanstar

Sep 3, 2015
MrsMcLaughlin said:
If you look at the eligibility section, what does your status say? That's where you might see something about an interview. If your status says not started then they haven't looked at your file yet, but if they have looked at it and it's in queue for an interview it will say something there about it. Our eligibility status changed from not started to review required about 3 months after kingston received our file (after our initial review), but then it sat there untouched for another almost 7 more months before we got our PPR
Did you have an interview? Mine says review required too.

MrsMcLaughlin

Oct 24, 2014
Shanstar said:
Did you have an interview? Mine says review required too.
Nope, they never requested an interview. I know a bunch of other people on here have had the same status and they all had their interviews waived as well, so it seems to just be a generic status that they change it to after it has been looked at quickly to make sure it is complete and then is awaiting an actual officer review :)

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
missmyhubbysomuch said:
Hi all I got back my passport today and though my journey as come to an end I would like to thank you all for your advise and words of comfort and to all of you still waiting trust in God he will see u through
Congrats to you!!!!

Divinity

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2015
Doc's Request.
08-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-06-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon
Hello everyone, I got my passport back today. :) I just wanna say congrats to all who got back their passports and I pray that everyone else will get ppr soon. I had a couple of red flags . I was sent home from Canada for overstaying on a departure order but I was living with my then man now husband before I left Canada. I left voluntarily. And then he came to Jamaica and marry me. I have a 6yrs old son who's Canadian. And me and my husband have a 18mths old daughter here in Jamaica. My husband is 13yrs older than me . Never been an issue for us. We used a representative and when they sent her the email for ppr the officer called me first. The officer asked for my passport and proof that I landed in Jamaica when I said I did. And I sent it the same day. Two weeks after the kvo called me again saying they are just updating my file and need to verify some info. After that two weeks after my grandfather went to the post office and brought me a mail from kvo requesting the same doc they requested already .they didn't email me or my representative they sent mail to the post office. I had to send it off again good thing I made copies with additional doc and sent it a week ago and Thank God when they called me today to come pick up. So check your mailbox.

MrsMcLaughlin

Oct 24, 2014
Divinity said:
Hello everyone, I got my passport back today. :) I just wanna say congrats to all who got back their passports and I pray that everyone else will get ppr soon. I had a couple of red flags . I was sent home from Canada for overstaying on a departure order but I was living with my then man now husband before I left Canada. I left voluntarily. And then he came to Jamaica and marry me. I have a 6yrs old son who's Canadian. And me and my husband have a 18mths old daughter here in Jamaica. My husband is 13yrs older than me . Never been an issue for us. We used a representative and when they sent her the email for ppr the officer called me first. The officer asked for my passport and proof that I landed in Jamaica when I said I did. And I sent it the same day. Two weeks after the kvo called me again saying they are just updating my file and need to verify some info. After that two weeks after my grandfather went to the post office and brought me a mail from kvo requesting the same doc they requested already .they didn't email me or my representative they sent mail to the post office. I had to send it off again good thing I made copies with additional doc and sent it a week ago and Thank God when they called me today to come pick up. So check your mailbox.
Congrats!! :D

jacalinkup

Jan 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-15
AOR Received.
14-12-15
File Transfer...
23-12-15
Med's Done....
06-04-16
Passport Req..
Praying Soon.
VISA ISSUED...
Praying Soon.
LANDED..........
Praying Soon.
Finally got our notes today!! yay! Medicals are passed. :) Everything else is not started yet :( Our due date is 12/23/16.

jacalinkup

Jan 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-15
AOR Received.
14-12-15
File Transfer...
23-12-15
Med's Done....
06-04-16
Passport Req..
Praying Soon.
VISA ISSUED...
Praying Soon.
LANDED..........
Praying Soon.
Shanstar said:
What exactly is the due date referring to?
The due date is date that your app is due by but it is not set in stone. most people get through a couple months before the due date.

Shanstar

Sep 3, 2015
jacalinkup said:
The due date is date that your app is due by but it is not set in stone. most people get through a couple months before the due date.
Because in one part my notes say due date feb 11, 2016 and in the other august 15, 2016.

susanrichards2015

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Please Lord
My due date is January 2017 :-[ I am staying optimistic

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
Shanstar said:
Because in one part my notes say due date feb 11, 2016 and in the other august 15, 2016.
The august date is most likely your Due date, which would make sense since you applied in June. You'll probably get PPR in the next month or 2.

mrswilliams26

Nov 24, 2015
So we received an email that my husband's police check needs to be updated and sent with his passport to Kingston. Does this mean that the end is almost near? How long has everyone waited once they have received the passport in Kingestion?

susanrichards2015

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Please Lord
mrswilliams26 said:
So we received an email that my husband's police check needs to be updated and sent with his passport to Kingston. Does this mean that the end is almost near? How long has everyone waited once they have received the passport in Kingestion?
Congrats. That's your PPR. Your journey is almost over