06/12/2016
Passport Req..
TOMORROW WOULD BE NICE LOL
VISA ISSUED...
ON SPOT ☺☺☺
LANDED..........
Already Did
susanrichards2015 said:
I didn't even know that it is possible to print what's app messages. When u say timing are you referring to how long they take to process of how long your relationship has been?
yes you can, i always back mine up and you can send them as an attachment to your email and then print it out, and timing as to how long they'll take

susanrichards2015

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Please Lord
impatientwife said:
yes you can, i always back mine up and you can send them as an attachment to your email and then print it out, and timing as to how long they'll take
Very good. I'm going to go through my back ups just incase they need more which I doubt but still it's good to know. It seems that it's a hit and miss with kingston. I know ppl that have gotten through in 7 months start to finish than I read other storied and it's years

impatientwife

Jan 28, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2015
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
File Transfer...
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
UPFRONT/Extended until Aug/2017
Interview........
06/12/2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
ON SPOT ☺☺☺
LANDED..........
Already Did
susanrichards2015 said:
Very good. I'm going to go through my back ups just incase they need more which I doubt but still it's good to know. It seems that it's a hit and miss with kingston. I know ppl that have gotten through in 7 months start to finish than I read other storied and it's years
yes i had from oct 2013 up until the time we sent it off, voice notes and pictures were omitted though i probably should have read through and deleted some things lol but that makes it all the more real and i doubt they'll actually read all of them,i'm hoping it takes months and not years my paralegal told me about 6-8 months but it could also take longer, but sometimes those that take longer are usually because records expire or they don't feel the relationship is real and keep asking for more stuff, we plan to do another medical and police check and send it in if we don't hear anything a month before they expire so time isn't wasted waiting for them to ask for new ones

susanrichards2015

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Please Lord
impatientwife said:
yes i had from oct 2013 up until the time we sent it off, voice notes and pictures were omitted though i probably should have read through and deleted some things lol but that makes it all the more real and i doubt they'll actually read all of them,i'm hoping it takes months and not years my paralegal told me about 6-8 months but it could also take longer, but sometimes those that take longer are usually because records expire or they don't feel the relationship is real and keep asking for more stuff, we plan to do another medical and police check and send it in if we don't hear anything a month before they expire so time isn't wasted waiting for them to ask for new ones

I was thinking the same thing. His medical expires Sept of this year and criminal expire Oct. Hopefully we won't need to do another and I pray that the new ppl brought in during the holidays will work a bit quicker. At this point the norm seems to be 8-10 months but again I hate setting a standard and disappointing myself. It's nice to know that there are ppl on this feed that are going through it and so far everyone had been super helpful. Me have pretty much the same time frame so it will be nice to compare and see.

MrsMcLaughlin

Oct 24, 2014
Hello to all the newbies on here, and welcome! :)

Just a heads up, even though in ecas it says that Kingston has been 'processing' your applications since January, that basically just means that they have received them in their system. The usual timeline on here lately seems to be anywhere from 9-14ish months from start to finish, so sit back and relax! :) Right now they seem to be processing applications that they received between Jan-March 2015, with the processing date for PR beginning around April 2015. If you scroll back a few pages and take a look at the spreadsheet that's attached to ShortyP's signature that will give you a more realistic timeline, but Kingston is painfully slow so you've probably got several months of waiting ahead of you at the very least. Hopefully they will start moving faster though!

I'll see if I can attach the spreadsheet here as well...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1urDWFLXYaR_trbPxSipOpP3iZvN-gz8gDufoZUj-VnM/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Best of luck, this is a great support group you've found here! :)

impatientwife

Jan 28, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2015
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
File Transfer...
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
06/12/2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
ON SPOT ☺☺☺
LANDED..........
Already Did
susanrichards2015 said:
I was thinking the same thing. His medical expires Sept of this year and criminal expire Oct. Hopefully we won't need to do another and I pray that the new ppl brought in during the holidays will work a bit quicker. At this point the norm seems to be 8-10 months but again I hate setting a standard and disappointing myself. It's nice to know that there are ppl on this feed that are going through it and so far everyone had been super helpful. Me have pretty much the same time frame so it will be nice to compare and see.
yes for sure, my husband keeps saying to stop stressing myself, but he's a man he just doesn't get it lol

susanrichards2015

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Please Lord
MrsMcLaughlin said:

Just a heads up, even though in ecas it says that Kingston has been 'processing' your applications since January, that basically just means that they have received them in their system. The usual timeline on here lately seems to be anywhere from 9-14ish months from start to finish, so sit back and relax! :) Right now they seem to be processing applications that they received between Jan-March 2015, with the processing date for PR beginning around April 2015. If you scroll back a few pages and take a look at the spreadsheet that's attached to ShortyP's signature that will give you a more realistic timeline, but Kingston is painfully slow so you've probably got several months of waiting ahead of you at the very least. Hopefully they will start moving faster though!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1urDWFLXYaR_trbPxSipOpP3iZvN-gz8gDufoZUj-VnM/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Best of luck, this is a great support group you've found here! :)
Thanks for the insight. A colleague of mine submitted her application at the beginning at Feb 2015 with no upfront medical or criminal. They requested those 2 things from her in July. Her husband got waived for an interview and passport requested Sept 2015. He landed beginning of November 2015. Total time from start to finish was about 9 months so I agree with you about the time frames. I think it's based on a case by case basis and there will indeed be a lot of waiting ahead. Hopefully they will pick up and get on with it.

impatientwife

Jan 28, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2015
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
File Transfer...
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
06/12/2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
ON SPOT ☺☺☺
LANDED..........
Already Did
MrsMcLaughlin said:

thank you this gives a lil hope i shall try to be patient lol

susanrichards2015

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Please Lord
impatientwife said:
yes for sure, my husband keeps saying to stop stressing myself, but he's a man he just doesn't get it lol
We as woman will always stress more it's just natural. I know that it is a long road ahead. It's been almost 6 years for me back and forth so what's another few months. I just hold the faith and travel as much as I can God willing to see him

suga36

Aug 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
27 Feb 2015
File Transfer...
May 6
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
24 Feb 2016
LANDED..........
25 Feb 2016
Susan 6 yrs. Your good....I give you credit

shaniekj

Mar 18, 2015
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015 resent app 08-09-2015
Doc's Request.
Redone Expired Police Check & sent 10-08-2016
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
File Transfer...
17-11-2015
Med's Request
n/a Handed in with Application
Med's Done....
11-08-2015
Interview........
05-10-2016
Passport Req..
2 weeks before interview was told to bring with him
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2016
LANDED..........
Soon
Has anyone noticed the new cic site no longer shows the two status time frame which outlines how long it takes per visa office it is now generally stating 17 months for outside of Canada does anyone know why?

susanrichards2015

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Please Lord
shaniekj said:
Has anyone noticed the new cic site no longer shows the two status time frame which outlines how long it takes per visa office it is now generally stating 17 months for outside of Canada does anyone know why?

Yes it changed about a month ago and now all outland show as 17 months... about 2 weeks it said 26 months. No clue why.

shaniekj

Mar 18, 2015
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015 resent app 08-09-2015
Doc's Request.
Redone Expired Police Check & sent 10-08-2016
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
File Transfer...
17-11-2015
Med's Request
n/a Handed in with Application
Med's Done....
11-08-2015
Interview........
05-10-2016
Passport Req..
2 weeks before interview was told to bring with him
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2016
LANDED..........
Soon
Yea it's 26 months for those that live here and has a spouse that lives here. So if that's the case then everyone is looking at the same timeframes now? I'm so confused.

Shanstar

Sep 3, 2015
shaniekj said:
Yea it's 26 months for those that live here and has a spouse that lives here. So if that's the case then everyone is looking at the same timeframes now? I'm so confused.
I would say it's due to the new government. 17 months is now the longest it can take for everyone and that does include sponsorship approval time.