+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

MrsMcLaughlin

Oct 24, 2014
nursewife said:
Helloooooo,
I know it has been Reallllyyyyyyyy slow lately! Seems KVO is still on holidays. Hubby lands on Friday!!!!! I am feeling so unprepared thought I'd have the house spotless hahaha who am I kidding the hospital has been so busyyy i have been picking up extra shifts to try help out with the nursing shortage so I haven't been able to do all i intended to but It's decent enough. thank heavens hubby is helpful and we can do it together. I'll be off of work for a week and a half. It will be nice to have the time to adjust and help him settle in. I just bought him a winter coat tonight. Haha so strange to think this is the last night I sleep in my bed alone. (I have to work tomorrow night)..so my plan is to get a few hours of sleep Friday morning after work, tie up my loose ends around the house, then head to the airport. I've played this scenario over and over a million times in my head I'm truly excited to see how it plays out! Hubby is feeling a little anxiety about the flight but I know he'll be okay. I will definitely post my landing story!! Can't wait to start seeing some more PPR'S and landing stories! ! I know shortyp posts some updates on how hubby is adjusting from time to time. Would be nice to hear how others are adjusting and settling in( if anyone is silently reading). Still praying for everyone else to hear GREAT news soon!!
Awww that's awesome, you must be so excited!! I honestly can't wait for our time to finally come, I'm gonna be freaking out hahaha! :) We haven't heard a damn thing from Kingston yet, this wait is torture especially since they seemed to be moving so quickly a couple months ago and then just stopped right before us :'( Hopefully now that the new year has started they will pick up the pace again!

Can't wait to hear your landing story!! :D :D :D

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Hello everyone.... I have a question that i would like to get your opinion about...... Yesterday i got an email from Ottawa just requesting my medical alone. They did not ask for police record or and updated forms at all. From reading on the appeal forum thread i see that mostly everyone got the police record, medical, updated forms and copy of passport. My question is do you think it a good idea to send everything at the same time or i should just send my medical to them and wait for them to contact me again. The reason why im ask this question is that it will save me money to fedex or dhl the package so i wont have to pay the same money 2 times which i could of just paid one money to send off everything. So please let me know what you all think....................Maddants

Ps. it will cost me around $5,500 jmd to fedex just 3 pieces of paper to ottawa and if i send everything like the upated forms it will cost me the same amount of money

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Done before(January),renewed, April 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Send just what they requested you. do not send what they didn't ask you. forget about money you pay, in that.this process is costing and we have no choice.
the sooner yousend back what they requested the soon it help your ile progress.

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ certificate dec 2015 because quebec did not send
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
june 10 2015 and sept 11 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 11 2015 medical extended until January 2017
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
Maddants said:
Hello everyone.... I have a question that i would like to get your opinion about...... Yesterday i got an email from Ottawa just requesting my medical alone. They did not ask for police record or and updated forms at all. From reading on the appeal forum thread i see that mostly everyone got the police record, medical, updated forms and copy of passport. My question is do you think it a good idea to send everything at the same time or i should just send my medical to them and wait for them to contact me again. The reason why im ask this question is that it will save me money to fedex or dhl the package so i wont have to pay the same money 2 times which i could of just paid one money to send off everything. So please let me know what you all think....................Maddants

Ps. it will cost me around $5,500 jmd to fedex just 3 pieces of paper to ottawa and if i send everything like the upated forms it will cost me the same amount of money
Could u email them and ask because if you know for sure they need these other papers why pay twice i know for sure u need updated police check just to enter canada

MelM2015

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 27, 2014
Doc's Request.
October 6, 2015
Med's Request
September 9, 2015
Passport Req..
Not required
LANDED..........
December 15, 2015
I have a question. While we were waiting for my husbands PR, we applied for a visitor visa for his 9 year old daughter. My parents sent the invitation letter as we wanted her for Christmas. It was denied due to strong ties in Canada. He now has his PR and he is going to submit an application for her. Do you think now that he is PR he can send invitation letter for her to visit?

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
lonelydreadswife said:
Could u email them and ask because if you know for sure they need these other papers why pay twice i know for sure u need updated police check just to enter canada
With my case Lonelydreadswife.... I won my appeal and they sent my file to ottawa for processing.....It been over 2 years now since my old police record have expired so i know they are going to want another police record just like the medical...and everyone on the appeal forum have got request for medical police record and updated forms from ottawa

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
shortyp2000 said:
Hi! You dont have to send all the texts. I didnt send any. Also, you can upload pics from your computer on the case specific page after you have a file number. I only sent 6 actual pics then uploaded a ton!

Hi shorty i was wondering on my gcms notes under activity 1 i notes new status review required does this mean interview ?

MrsMcLaughlin

Oct 24, 2014
lonelydreadswife said:
Hi shorty i was wondering on my gcms notes under activity 1 i notes new status review required does this mean interview ?
I know you were asking Shorty, but we're in the same boat so I thought I'd jump in lol. Mine says review required as well, but I think it just means that the person who initially reviewed it just glanced over everything to make sure it was all in order, summarized it and then sent it back to the queue to be fully reviewed. At least I'm hoping that's what it means! Unless you see somewhere on there that they were questioning something or the status says interview recommended I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've been a little nervous about it but then I looked through a bunch of past threads on here and there seem to be quite a few people who's status says review required and they get ppr without an interview so I've been trying not to stress and just wait and see what happens!

Anyone else with more info please let us know!!

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
MrsMcLaughlin said:
I know you were asking Shorty, but we're in the same boat so I thought I'd jump in lol. Mine says review required as well, but I think it just means that the person who initially reviewed it just glanced over everything to make sure it was all in order, summarized it and then sent it back to the queue to be fully reviewed. At least I'm hoping that's what it means! Unless you see somewhere on there that they were questioning something or the status says interview recommended I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've been a little nervous about it but then I looked through a bunch of past threads on here and there seem to be quite a few people who's status says review required and they get ppr without an interview so I've been trying not to stress and just wait and see what happens!

Thanks getting so nervous dont know why butthis process is so draining thanks for jumping in

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
lonelydreadswife said:
Hi shorty wat is the case specific page?
I'll look for the link for you, unless someone else has it on hand?
Its where you would go online and ask them for specific information about your case. You can upload docs there as well.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
MelM2015 said:
I have a question. While we were waiting for my husbands PR, we applied for a visitor visa for his 9 year old daughter. My parents sent the invitation letter as we wanted her for Christmas. It was denied due to strong ties in Canada. He now has his PR and he is going to submit an application for her. Do you think now that he is PR he can send invitation letter for her to visit?
He can apply but its very hard to get. Include as much information as possible to show reasons why she would not remain in canada.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
lonelydreadswife said:
Im not really sure. I dont remember seeing that on mine. You could email them to ask just in case.

Anyone else that had an interview and had notes remember seeing this?

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
MrsMcLaughlin said:

I think ur right! Im going to look up my notes and see if it said that on mine

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Here is the case specific enquiry page:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=kingston&_ga=1.183425382.1734350991.1446479097