+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

Paula_T

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
chucky44 said:
i see person get through in 4-6 month so anything is possible would love to fall in that luck.
Your right anything is possible and yes sometimes people do breeze through faster , but yea 4-6 months from the time Kingston begins to your application is accurate in my opinion ..Mine was 5.5 months after Kingston began to process before my husband Receibed his passport request . His Police check had also expired a couple weeks prior to him getting back his passport but they didn't ask for another one .. If medicals /Police check and right to permanent resident fee up front then that would always speed up the process a bit for you ..

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Paula_T said:
Your right anything is possible and yes sometimes people do breeze through faster , but yea 4-6 months from the time Kingston begins to your application is accurate in my opinion ..Mine was 5.5 months after Kingston began to process before my husband Receibed his passport request . His Police check had also expired a couple weeks prior to him getting back his passport but they didn't ask for another one .. If medicals /Police check and right to permanent resident fee up front then that would always speed up the process a bit for you ..
It could happen that it could take 4-6 months from the date they start processing after receiving in Kingston, but hes talking about the 2 ladies that got thru in 4 months from the date they handed in application to the day their hubbys landed. I wish.

Sep 27, 2015
Paula_T said:
we did everything up front and paid all fees we didn't want to be asked for anything

nursewife

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Good morning everyone. September wasn't as productive as we all hoped,but just think us here on this forum are only a fraction of all the applicants. Sept brought small changes( or big ones depending on how you look at it) our ecas changed to in process and hubby has noticed a few changes here and there with additional lines being added...but It's Oct 1st (it certainly feels like it too) hopefully we will see much more rewarding progress this month. Praying that we will all have our hubbies/wifeys to snuggle up with in the coldddddddd months ahead! Have a great day everyone. Fingers crossed for the the good news to start rolling in.

Paula_T

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
shortyp2000 said:
It could happen that it could take 4-6 months from the date they start processing after receiving in Kingston, but hes talking about the 2 ladies that got thru in 4 months from the date they handed in application to the day their hubbys landed. I wish.
4-6 months for everything is very unlikely unless they know someone at the embassy because we all know how money runs Jamaica lol

And ladies just a heads up they have changed up the police record system in Montego Bay .. My husband friend went last Thursday to do it and when we went yesterday to pick it up it was showing a charge on there that withdrawn. He then took it to Kingston to the Duke street location and he was brought upstairs to a office , he paid them $10,000jmd and they cleared it off for him and gave him a clear check ... So crazy how could something that's been withdrawn show up on there ? But anyways it's Jamaica so gosh anything is possible lol

Paula_T

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
lonelydreadshappyhubby said:
we did everything up front and paid all fees we didn't want to be asked for anything
If everything is paid up front it should be somewhat faster some members sugguest you redo the police check it a year has passed and it was handed in with the initial application ..
This I'm not so sure about because my police check for my husband had expired prior to PPR and we weren't asked to re summit one ...but we were asked for original birth certificates for my husband and his non accompying daughter ..

My husbands friend who received there PPR this week also requested originals of birth certificates for himself and his non accompying children .. He was also asked to summit a police check that is no more than 90 days old

So I guess it just depends on the VO

@shorty did you fill out the notice of representation form for your husbands application with your info instead of lawyers ?

If you did you should be able to Email Kingston to ask them for a update on the status of your case .. I emailed them every month before we Received my husbands passport request .

Some will advise it can slow down your case but I did it and it was fine for us , guess it's just personal preference ...

HubbYsWiFeY

Star Member
Jun 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 31, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 13, 2015
Nomination.....
SA:April 14, 2015
AOR Received.
November 12, 2014
Med's Done....
May 26, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 1, 2015
LANDED..........
Before Christmas 2015...
Divinity said:
I don't think anyone really knows exactly how long each application takes bc every case is different. In 60 working days after Kingston started processing I got doc request and the bf date is Nov 7 . my medical expires in October so they might ask for another or extended it. If they ask for another its a next 2 mths. And I can't email them for extension bc they have only my lawyers email address. She is telling me to wait and if they ask for one just do it. Frigg mi turn virgin again lol . I'm so frustrated sometimes.
@ Divinity...DITTO to eveything u said...Virgin part...trust me :'(...still I have to lol :p using bad things make laugh...Pity the VO's dont have a real clue how bad being away from our hubbys killing us daily...Frigg :mad:

Divinity

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2015
Doc's Request.
08-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-06-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon
Girl you know how long mi no see my husband :'( since I was two months pregnant and our daughter turn 1 last month. Feb would have made 2 yrs if he wasn't coming for Christmas .So holy shit man every time I say I miss him my eyes water. The last time he was here in Jamaica he spent two months when he went back to Canada he got in big trouble at his job so he couldn't get no more time off . Man I'm telling u sometimes I ask him y go through all the trouble to send for me when so much women in Canada want man. ;) but I know he loves me. I was one of the lucky ones to find a good black man of Jamaican decent in Canada. One who will put his peas to soak from overnight and cook him rice and peas with coconut milk and oxtail and fried plantain. What and give me breakfast in bed fried dumplings and callaloo and jamaican chocolate tea . He's too much . I love him so much he taught me what it means to be truly in love and what commitment means. A lot of women just want a good man to hold them down.

HubbYsWiFeY

Star Member
Jun 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 31, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 13, 2015
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
November 12, 2014
Med's Done....
May 26, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 1, 2015
LANDED..........
Before Christmas 2015...
Divinity said:
Girl you know how long mi no see my husband :'( since I was two months pregnant and our daughter turn 1 last month. Feb would have made 2 yrs if he wasn't coming for Christmas .So holy *censored word* man every time I say I miss him my eyes water. The last time he was here in Jamaica he spent two months when he went back to Canada he got in big trouble at his job so he couldn't get no more time off . Man I'm telling u sometimes I ask him y go through all the trouble to send for me when so much women in Canada want man. ;) but I know he loves me. I was one of the lucky ones to find a good black man of Jamaican decent in Canada. One who will put his peas to soak from overnight and cook him rice and peas with coconut milk and oxtail and fried plantain. What and give me breakfast in bed fried dumplings and callaloo and jamaican chocolate tea . He's too much . I love him so much he taught me what it means to be truly in love and what commitment means. A lot of women just want a good man to hold them down.
Divinity...
U are sooo blessed. Not that we all not blessed with our spouses, but u know the peas soaking and oxtail kinda reeeaaalll special...lol ;)
I dont want spell out other specials cuz we all got em lol, but the jamaican ppl know how the peas and oxtail fried dumpling etc have a special little thing and those who not Jamaican will soon know (if they dont know already) big up....lol
That so sweet tho...these are the special little things about our own spouses that we love and miss them soooo much. I hope this is over soon for all of us....get get our winter "u-done-know" thing on... :p :p :p :p :p :p ;D ;D ;D ;D

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
HubbYsWiFeY said:
Divinity...
U are sooo blessed. Not that we all not blessed with our spuses, but u know the peas soaking and oxtail kinda reeeaaalll special...lol ;)
I dont want spell out other specials cuz we all got em lol, but the jamaican ppl know how the peas and oxtail fried dumpling etc have a special little thing and those who not Jamaican will soon know (if they dont know already) big up....lol
That so sweet tho...these are the special little things about our own spouses that we love and miss them soooo much. I hope this is over soon for all of us....get get our winter "u-done-know" thing on... :p :p :p :p :p :p ;D ;D ;D ;D
this visit to Jamaica in Jan couldn't come any quicker, mi cyan fi touch my hubby *baby yuh skin smooth, but you luv it ruff ... :p*dwl Both you ladies posts are making me get all emotional, :'( and bringing me back to memory lane ...

HubbYsWiFeY

Star Member
Jun 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 31, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 13, 2015
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
November 12, 2014
Med's Done....
May 26, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 1, 2015
LANDED..........
Before Christmas 2015...
MixedChick92 said:
this visit to Jamaica in Jan couldn't come any quicker, mi cyan fi touch my hubby *baby yuh skin smooth, but you luv it ruff ... :p* dwl . Both you ladies posts are making me get all emotional, :'( and bringing me back to memory lane ...
@Mixedchick....U know we cant wait to "dirty up" and yes some ppl would correct me and say "dutty" the place up...I hope those who reading know what dutty up mean ;) ;D ;D ;D....
Love it ruff lol......I need to start prepare my "landing body"....summer done gone so no more summer body...dont want to say winter body cuz that dont have the ring ring to it...Soooo"landing body" ....so when he see me is straight jumping ...lol. Whether or not I know it will be jumping still, but u know...we still want to have everything good. Turn it up a notch or 10...
Kingston VO....U see the shape we spouses in???? Need our peeps badly....

Divinity

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2015
Doc's Request.
08-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-06-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon
Lawd mi a dwl :D :D : :p :p :p. If we Dont talk and laugh like this this process mek we go crazy. Christmas I will be singing " like a virgin touch for the very first time......" Lol my husband when we done dutty up the place him want fi bathe mi like a little baby soap mi up from head to toe. Woooooyyy :p :p :p :p :D Ladies sometimes you can't talk too loud make ur girlfriends or your family hear u a talk dem tings here bc envy is a hell of a thing. But big up unnu self and nuff love I hope we all get through soon.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Paula_T said:
If everything is paid up front it should be somewhat faster some members sugguest you redo the police check it a year has passed and it was handed in with the initial application ..
This I'm not so sure about because my police check for my husband had expired prior to PPR and we weren't asked to re summit one ...but we were asked for original birth certificates for my husband and his non accompying daughter ..

My husbands friend who received there PPR this week also requested originals of birth certificates for himself and his non accompying children .. He was also asked to summit a police check that is no more than 90 days old

So I guess it just depends on the VO

@ shorty did you fill out the notice of representation form for your husbands application with your info instead of lawyers ?

If you did you should be able to Email Kingston to ask them for a update on the status of your case .. I emailed them every month before we Received my husbands passport request .

Some will advise it can slow down your case but I did it and it was fine for us , guess it's just personal preference ...
I didnt do that form for our sponsorship. Only caips notes

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Divinity said:
Girl you know how long mi no see my husband :'( since I was two months pregnant and our daughter turn 1 last month. Feb would have made 2 yrs if he wasn't coming for Christmas .So holy *censored word* man every time I say I miss him my eyes water. The last time he was here in Jamaica he spent two months when he went back to Canada he got in big trouble at his job so he couldn't get no more time off . Man I'm telling u sometimes I ask him y go through all the trouble to send for me when so much women in Canada want man. ;) but I know he loves me. I was one of the lucky ones to find a good black man of Jamaican decent in Canada. One who will put his peas to soak from overnight and cook him rice and peas with coconut milk and oxtail and fried plantain. What and give me breakfast in bed fried dumplings and callaloo and jamaican chocolate tea . He's too much . I love him so much he taught me what it means to be truly in love and what commitment means. A lot of women just want a good man to hold them down.
Woooooooooow. 20 months u havent seen him for?! How do u do it?!?!
The longest I was away from hubby was 9 months, and that was awful!! I was 3 months pregnant when I had to go back to Canada and then after baby was born I brought the baby down to see hubby. We made a promise to each other that after that, we wouldnt let time pass by like that again. Its just horrible. I feel for u girl.

HubbYsWiFeY

Star Member
Jun 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 31, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 13, 2015
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
November 12, 2014
Med's Done....
May 26, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 1, 2015
LANDED..........
Before Christmas 2015...
shortyp2000 said:
Woooooooooow. 20 months u havent seen him for?! How do u do it?!?!
The longest I was away from hubby was 9 months, and that was awful!! I was 3 months pregnant when I had to go back to Canada and then after baby was born I brought the baby down to see hubby. We made a promise to each other that after that, we wouldnt let time pass by like that again. Its just horrible. I feel for u girl.
Yes shorty u see it...20 months super super long...I cant hold out any longer is a December trip I planning if no PPR by then. Divinity...hold the faith and get the madonna cd ready up. Hopefully u can soon sing it to him personally. Boy I tell u the waiting...I glad still that most seems to be getting thru in the 10-12 months or quicker processing time, but each day waiting is frustrating, plus the anxiety, the long time between ecas and correspondence of snail mail, email and telephone calls. We know it will be harder on them if innundated with calls and email, but...if we had a updated regularly ecas we woudnt be so in the dark biting our nails.