+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

Paula_T

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Sara8513 said:
Paula, did your husband end up getting an interview or was it waived?? Also how long after you heard this did he get PPR??
I'm wondering if it could still get waived.
and by looking at your timeline it appears your aprox 3-4 months behind me so depending on your application and whether or not you need an interview should be determined soon ... It's my understand Kingston first opens up the application to ensure its all there ...then places you in a process of query for security and medical checks and then once those are fine you get put in another processing querie and wait again for a immigration officer to decide whether or not you need a interview ... My application was very thorough and had a significant amount of supporting documents ..

susanrichards

Aug 21, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2015
Paula_T said:
this is the same response we all get from our MP.... @ susan Richards ... Originally my husband had 2 daughters , the one mother was difficult but eventually cooperated and the one who was giving a lot of problems wouldn't go to the birth certificate place to have my husbands name added into the birth certificate so we ended up having to do DNa to get his name added in order for him to get a passport for her and a medical .. Well after the results came back we learned his oldest daughter wasn't his .. And he took care of her for 14 years so sometimes if the baby mother won't cooperate you should ask yourself whether or not they are hiding something .
Oh wow!! I can't believe that after all that time the kid ended up not being his. The thing is that I am 100% sure it is his child. They are identical as if he carried the child himself lol. He is on the birth certificate and I have a copy of it as well. I am just going to write a heart felt letter and have it notarized as well as a sworn statement from my husband. This woman doesn't realize that she is punishing the child, not me or Dwayne

Sara8513

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18th 2015
Doc's Request.
Additional proof of relationship requested at interview
AOR Received.
March 28th 2015
File Transfer...
May 20th 2015
Med's Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
March 15th 2015
Interview........
December 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
January 27th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
February 12th 2016
LANDED..........
March 16th 2016
Paula_T said:
and by looking at your timeline it appears your aprox 3-4 months behind me so depending on your application and whether or not you need an interview should be determined soon ... It's my understand Kingston first opens up the application to ensure its all there ...then places you in a process of query for security and medical checks and then once those are fine you get put in another processing querie and wait again for a immigration officer to decide whether or not you need a interview ... My application was very thorough and had a significant amount of supporting documents ..
Ahh sorry I thought you had received the same message from your MP that your husband was in que for an interview. I am curious is this always means an interview is approaching or if it means that it could still be waived.

My husband and I have been together for 6.5 years and my package was very organized and thorough as well. I spent 9 months getting it together and we have a ton of documentation including joint bills, documents that he is my beneficiary, phone bills, whatsapp, proof of him meeting many friends and family throughout the years. I am confident that we sent in a great package however any of us can be questioned at any time.

Hopefully all of our husbands will land soon :)

susanrichards

Aug 21, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2015
Paula_T said:
oh ok if your able to provide proof that she wouldn't cooperate or even include those texts with a explanation letter then I'm sure you will be ok .. I know for a fact Kingston deals with these type of issues often because a lot of Jamaican women are so spiteful and will do anything in there power to make it difficult .. How old is the child ?? Also is your husbands name on the birth certificate ?
Hi Paula. The child is almost 7 and yes he is in the birth certificate. I pray to God that this will not hold up our application. He is at the point that he doesn't even want to call the woman anymore. Words can't even describe how much I dislike her

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
Just hoping it don't take so long as I can hear on here. Well they started work on my papers 9 of this month and wifey looking forward for me to go back with her when she comes for Christmas.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
chucky44 said:
Just hoping it don't take so long as I can hear on here. Well they started work on my papers 9 of this month and wifey looking forward for me to go back with her when she comes for Christmas.
Ohhhhh i dont think it will be so quick but i do pray for you that it will be.
Something big will need to happen for them to start working fast. But you never know!
Im almost in my 9th month of waiting.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Paula_T said:
august 21/15 this is what I received from Chris Alexander's office :::
Please be assured that Citizenship and Immigration Canada reviews all applications objectively and consistently to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all applicants. We assess each application on its own merit against the program requirements.

We realize that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying. We make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like.

Our records confirm that your undertaking was approved and that your husband's application is being processed at the Canadian visa office in Kingston. Please rest assured that you or your husband will be contacted should additional information or documentation be required.

Current statistics based on historical processing data indicate that officers in Kingston are finalizing 80% of applications in this category in approximately 23 months from the date of receipt of the completed application.
That was the same day you got your passport request tho. So why wouldnt they tell your MP that you had your PPR that day?

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ certificate dec 2015 because quebec did not send
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
june 10 2015 and sept 11 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 11 2015 medical extended until January 2017
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
shortyp2000 said:
Welcome!
Dont pay a lawyer, we will help you. Much cheaper and no real need if you dont have a complex case :)
I never used any service took my time and did it myself you can do it

Paula_T

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
shortyp2000 said:
That was the same day you got your passport request tho. So why wouldnt they tell your MP that you had your PPR that day?
like I said I don't even think the MP checks into it before the processing time has come .. They say that they do But everyone I have known to receive anything from there MP has gotten a standard email .. Mind you I did send the inquiry aprox 30 days before receiving a reply so it's possible IF they did contact Kingston it was a little while before they responded to me .. @sara it sounds like you summited enough evidence to document your relationship so your good ... It's so unfair watching the news and seeing all these refugees canada just accepted and to know that they are getting Pr status faster then someone is getting PR status under spousal sponsorship ... If they can process them so quickly I don't understand why they can't speed up ours .. After all our husbands or wives are coming here and won't be a burden on our healthcare system or be collecting any social assistance from the country.. The government doesn't realize the stress , heartake, and financial hardship we all face waiting 6-22 months to sponsor our spouses

Paula_T

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
lonelydreadswife said:
I never used any service took my time and did it myself you can do it
I did have advise from a lawyer/family friend but I completed the application myself and put it all together myself ... In my opinion a lawyer is just going to be a waste of money and they can also stress you out and tell you that you need far more stuff then you actually need :. I also think that when you use a lawyer CiC does scrutinize your application more and they will expect a lot more because they know that you have had a lawyer assist you ..and in the end your going to end up paying $4-$10,000 for a lawyer to basically just edit the info your going to have to provide them with anyways because your the one who has to answer all the questions anyways .. Personally I think this forum is great and I didn't use it until after I summited my application but you can get information to anything on here and even read sample applications to see what you should do or include .. In m case I did select for them to return my application to me minus the $75 application fee if I wasn't approved to sponsor , reason being is because a appeal would take longer then it would to get our application returned to us and fix whatever problem there was . And at that time I may have used a lawyer but it's really not needed .. And if you are going to assist your husband in his forms for his PR application I would recommend you fill out a notice of representation form just to be safe :.: Good Luck

HisWifey30

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 31, 2016
Doc's Request.
up front
AOR Received.
November 17, 2016
File Transfer...
December 7, 2016
Med's Request
Up front
Interview........
March 14 2017
Passport Req..
March 14 2017
LANDED..........
March 15, 2017
Thanks you shortyp2000 for the welcome you guys are great :)

i went to see an immigration consultant yesterday charged me 80 bucks and give me information on what i already know. i know i have a lot of researching to do. i see you guys use a lot of abbreviations and i have no idea what a lot of them stand for lol im trying to keep up. i mainly wanted to hire someone because i don't even know where to start. but as Paula said if there's not real reason to pay someone and pay thousands of dollars if i can do it myself. thanks for the advise Paula i think i'd definately going to just wing it myself.

Paula, can you point me in the direction of sample applications and shortyp2000 any advise on where i should start any links or anything. would be greatly appreciated. ???

Cece0225

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
KNG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
08-04-2015, SA: 15-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-04-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
18-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-02-2016 DM: 02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
Paula_T said:
oh ok if your able to provide proof that she wouldn't cooperate or even include those texts with a explanation letter then I'm sure you will be ok .. I know for a fact Kingston deals with these type of issues often because a lot of Jamaican women are so spiteful and will do anything in there power to make it difficult .. How old is the child ?? Also is your husbands name on the birth certificate ?
Paula, please refrain from categorizing groups of people not all and not a lot of jamaican women are spiteful, maybe some but not all. Please stop generalizing as you do not knw a lot of Jamaican women otherwise u would not speak nor talk like that.

And some of us wonder why meljam cut from the forum... I wonder... :eek:
Meljam mi miss yuh. Weh yuh deh?

Cece0225

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
KNG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
08-04-2015, SA: 15-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-04-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
18-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-02-2016 DM: 02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
Honestly, to everyone that is applying or who have recently sent in your application. Every case and application is different and will be viewed differently. There is no correct way to format or fill out your application, however, there are ways in which to help the clarity of your app, such as being descriptive, giving background evidence and proof to back up your statements, a picture speaks a thousand words but u can still explain them. Personally, i did not have much paperwork but i did have a lot of pics. Being in a long dis rela for 6+ years has taught me that there is no correct way to handle anything, there are just better ways. In terms of process sara, an interview waiver or interview queue is decided during initial review of the app by a jr immi officer, however one app could get a interview waiver and then when being reviewed by a sr immi officer can b placed into an interview queue. It all depends on the quality of ur app, nt the quantity. Once the immi officer, whether jr or sr has doubts of ur rela or u are the spot check, an interview queue will b the result. And to all the new applicants, lawyers do nt do anything for u that u cannot do urself. Jus search and the forum there is plenty of rich info to help guide u along the way, in regards to the dos and the dnts. Google is another useful tool. I do advise new applicants to read, read and read, suck up all the knowledge you can and then submit the app. It took me 6mnths to fill out my app after i procastinated for awhile, and there are things that i read after submiing that i wish i knew b4 so do take ur time and read. The process in a nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Application+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of Acknowledgment of Receipt letter (AOR)+120 days Letter >
Stage-2: [CHC/CIC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+Paper Screening Decision (PSDEC) > Issue of 2nd Acknowledgment of Receipt letter (AOR) > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st Bring Forward(BF'D) or Due Date > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Additional Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd Bring Forward or Due Date(BFD) >
Stage-3: Medicals Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Medicals & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.
Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Inbox me if u want info. But im nt a genius. I dnt knw it all. Im just going thru the process... ::)::)

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ certificate dec 2015 because quebec did not send
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
june 10 2015 and sept 11 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 11 2015 medical extended until January 2017
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
Cece0225 said:
Paula, please refrain from categorizing groups of people not all and not a lot of jamaican women are spiteful, maybe some but not all. Please stop generalizing as you do not knw a lot of Jamaican women otherwise u would not speak nor talk like that.

And some of us wonder why meljam cut from the forum... I wonder... :eek:
Meljam mi miss yuh. Weh yuh deh?
Even though my husband did not get along with his baby momma she was very helpful with me after all it benefits the child and maybe her one day

Sara8513

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18th 2015
Doc's Request.
Additional proof of relationship requested at interview
AOR Received.
March 28th 2015
File Transfer...
May 20th 2015
Med's Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
March 15th 2015
Interview........
December 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
January 27th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
February 12th 2016
LANDED..........
March 16th 2016
Paula_T said:
like I said I don't even think the MP checks into it before the processing time has come .. They say that they do But everyone I have known to receive anything from there MP has gotten a standard email .. Mind you I did send the inquiry aprox 30 days before receiving a reply so it's possible IF they did contact Kingston it was a little while before they responded to me ..
My MP didn't even ask what stage we were at when I requested them to look into it. I was "in process" but they didn't know that. They just asked what office, Kingston, and for our names application number etc. she thought it would only take a week but it took 4 in the end.

I'm still wondering if anyone has heard that phrase "in cue for an interview" before? So far doesn't seem like anyone received this so I may post on family sponsorship and see.

Just wondering if I should start sending him copies of some of the things we submitted in our package. More phone bills, bank forms from accounts we share etc, hydro bills, more printed pictures.. If I wasn't 7 months pregnant I would just fly down with it when we got an interview date (and if)..