Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
It great to hear ppl success story, I can't wait to start my timeline!!!! what a stress eeh??? So let me ask you all something? Can I file my taxes as single? or will that mess with the sponsorship when I send in my tax notice of assesment? Mi nah lie, mi nuh waan lose mi gst nor mi baby bonus, but same time mi nuh waa inna no problem wid di government yuh zeet!

DEAD @ Beenie inna visa office!!

kenswife

Star Member
May 17, 2010
Good Morning forum
thanks to everyone on this forum for ur positive vibes and support Angella, MMH, MMB LCW, Glo, Maple, Nae, Virtuous, Brownsug, JW(maybe u were sitting next to hubby, i will ask him later!!!), sheraig (oh yes pppu is from 130-230 he just arrived early because of transportation), Rosie, confuse, chuckie, charlie, Jam, etc...........................................................................................
it has been a long 7 months, maybe it would have been a little shorter if i had incl original docs and maybe triple checked the application because we had missed a minor detail who knows ::) ::)
I told hubby that he better prepare himself for the big move, i also have to prepare myself aswell, i wont be taking much time off from work when he arrives just a few days to help him settle in although most of his clothes are at my house already, i brought back another suitcase of his stuff last sunday as well!!!!!!!!!!! i havent told my son yet when he left in july we told him he would be back in two weeks so he was disapointed .

have a great thanksgiving everyone i will be a work all weekend and having turkey with the fam on sunday :p :p :p :p
cant wait till xmas ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

bye for now kw

missingmybaby

Star Member
Dec 2, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON,JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2008
AOR Received.
16-02-2009
File Transfer...
02-12-2008
Med's Request
(redo of med /police clearance) July 14,2010
Med's Done....
15-10-2008 Submitted to Kingston August 17
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 22,2010/DROP OF PP NOVEMBER 24
ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS TO BE WITH MY HUSBAND. EVENTHOUGH WERE STILL WAITING FOR THEM TO CALL HIM AND TELL HIM TO DROP HIS PASSPORT ITS BEEN 2 MONTHS NOW FROM WE DROP THE DOCUMENT REQUEST AND 2 YEARS ON OCTOBER 27 FROM I SEND HIS APPLICATION. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sanchester

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2010
Doc's Request.
No Request
AOR Received.
19-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-10-10
Med's Done....
12-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2011
LANDED..........
08-07-2011
Morning! and Happy friday!

Thanks everyone for the "Congrats". It got even better when I got home. My letter was actually waiting for me in my mailbox at home. It was such a nice feeling.

My husband was so excited, I know it's still the beginning but Im glad to get rid of this feeling that nothing is in process. I know this feeling will be short lived and as the months pass I will go back to feeling like nothing is in process... for now Im happy. Plus i get to see my husband in 43 days.

Anyways, Its a holiday on Monday.... which means LONG WEEKEND for me! yay!

I hope everyone is safe and happy.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Good morning nad TGIF. Had some good news up in here this week, let's pray they keep them coming until those waiting a while get moving!

Getting my internet installed tomorrow, thank God, hubby and I can talk again without the huge phone bill, we are also getting a VOIP phone line with unlimited calling to Canada ;D

Happy Thanksgiving on Monday to everyone in Canada!!

sheraig

Apr 6, 2010
GOOD MORNING PEEPS

TGI FLIPPING FFFFFFFFFFFF

Sanchester: Girl, that was fabulous!! Great news.....

I wish you all could get your life blankets this Christmas!!! :)

79 days till Christmas

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Sheraig, your Xmas countdown is too hilarious girl.

You didn't wait for a month more to go by before starting that countdown, eh?

I see you look forward to Christmas like it's your birthday :p

I guess I too can say 69 days till my birthday? LOL

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Good morning everyone, hope you all have a great Thanksgiving. I'm gonna work this weekend for somethying to do, help the time go by quicker. Next year hopefully we all have our loved ones with us. Well it's Friday and time to hear from Little Johnnie
The kindergarten class had a homework assignment to find out about something exciting and relate it to the class the next day. When the time came for the little kids to give their reports, the teacher was calling on them one at a time. She was reluctant to call upon little Johnnie, knowing that he sometimes could be a bit crude. But eventually his turn came. Little Johnnie walked up to the front of the class, and with a piece of chalk, made a small white dot on the blackboard, then sat back down. Well the teacher couldn't figure out what Johnnie had in mind for his report, so she asked him just what that was. "It's a period," reported Johnnie. "Well I can see that," she said, "But what is so exciting about a period." "Damned if I know," said Johnnie, "But this morning my sister said she missed one. Then Daddy had a heart attack, Mommy fainted and the man next door shot himself."

soanxiouswifey

Nov 26, 2009
St.James
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TGIF!!!

so a thief was in my yard last night....security ran down his ass but never caught him. oh well, at least he didnt get anything.

Sheraig mi love da Christmas coulntdown de, im feeling it.

Jammy, beenie man a sample, him better take boat like flippa.

Missin its been 2 months as well for me since i dropped off originals. oh well, what to do.

cant believe this week done so flipping fast jah know, it seems like only yesterday it was monday. darn! The weekend is upon us, i intend to go out and drink a few this weekend, hang with some friends maybe.

sheraig

Apr 6, 2010
Confused: love countdown ;D....my bday is close to that time fi real! But I just love Christmas. It mek mi feel lovey dovey all romantic wid di cool breeze and thing. Afterall mi a rosemantic! :p I cant wait....

Soanxious: good fi know him nuh tief nutten...bwoy the place full a dem mama..

People some days I feel like the people in the Snickers commercial....
'Not going anywhere for a while.' ::) :p

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
This is another lice discussion on immigration. Appears mostly about skilled workers though

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/time-to-lead/multiculturalism/choosing-canadians-finding-ideal-immigrants/article1734640/

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
;D Hello all..bwoi mi see seh santa ansa some ah unnu prayers, and some of us gonna lonely dis xmas like miself..lol...dont know if anyone pree mi post yesterday, I suppose I need to clarify to get a specific ansa...for anyone with children, preferably those of u who file tax in ontario..will it impact me sponsoring my husband if i file my taxes as single?..I can deal with the tax office, mi jus waan kno if it possible...

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
mrslwsn...

my advice is that you should update your status as married with the gov't asap... if he's not in the country you'll fill out a world income form (which is perfectly fine to claim zero)... if he is you'll have to fill that out for the months that he wasn't... while he's not in the country you can still claim a dependant as equivilent to spouse.. if you change your status and don't fill out the world income forms it will eventually impact it and they'll hold back the CTCB and whatnot...

i filed as married, with him out of the country and still got a $7000+ return (gotta love mat leave)... only wait i had was a delay in my CTCB for my newborn last year b/c they wanted another one of those world income forms filled out (whenever you change anything they'll want another one)... they paid out retro once the form was received...

if you file as single, you'll eventually have to notify them of your marriage and it's likely they're going to pull back all files until the date of the marriage and possibly collect on any payments out until you fill out retro paperwork... and also possibly audit... i'd do it now rather than wait and have them so much in your business.... it won't hurt your finances at all to file as married if he's not in the country.... also, the CIC may go so far as to check things like this, esp if they have questions about your relationship, so you'll want to take all steps to have your marriage seem as normal and legitimate as possible.... notifying all necessary parties of your status can be considered part of that...

sorry for the ramble, just all fresh in my mind...

missingmybaby

Star Member
Dec 2, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON,JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2008
AOR Received.
16-02-2009
File Transfer...
02-12-2008
Med's Request
(redo of med /police clearance) July 14,2010
Med's Done....
15-10-2008 Submitted to Kingston August 17
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 22,2010/DROP OF PP NOVEMBER 24
Mrslwsn said:
;D Hello all..bwoi mi see seh santa ansa some ah unnu prayers, and some of us gonna lonely dis xmas like miself..lol...dont know if anyone pree mi post yesterday, I suppose I need to clarify to get a specific ansa...for anyone with children, preferably those of u who file tax in ontario..will it impact me sponsoring my husband if i file my taxes as single?..I can deal with the tax office, mi jus waan kno if it possible...
All you have to do is fax them a letter stating that you got married in such and such date send them a copy of marriage certificate and a change of name as well as your SIN and DOB as well as your husband name DOB and put O zero income as soon as posibble and download the form change of status and just fax it to the taxation office. And every year you have to do the same thing until he come to canada. I always do it every January so that they wont hold my cctb/gst..etc don`t wait for the last minute because they will hold it until you send all the info and it will take 8 weeks for them to process so better do it at the beginning of January.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
I agree with Chelley.

Hubby took a certified marriage certificate with him so he could register with Revenue Canada as married and list me as a dependent. I got another certificate so I can change out my name on my TRN and so on here in Jamaica. All this goes toward showing you are combining your lives, it can only help the process along :)