File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
shortyp2000 said:
I emailed Kingston an hour ago and asked if my file was being worked on yet or not, since they dont like to update eCas for months... and they emailed me back a few mins ago to say its in queue to be reviewed. What does that mean? Im going to have to wait another year or so? You see, i knew i felt the false hope of them working quickly there. What a disappointment.
It means that it is in the queue with the others to be reviewed - so it hasn't yet been reviewed. To be honest with you, the more that you email them the less time they are spending on the applications in front of yours, so if you want them to speed up - don't email them! I know this process is hard and it shouldn't take up to 2 years to review files, but most people get through in less than the posted time. Your time will come & this will all be a distant memory. I am sure this is not what you are hoping to hear, but the reality here is there is nothing you can do the speed up the process, there is plenty you can do to slow down the process - so sit back, relax and try your best to let them do their jobs!

PinkyM

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
PC 3.8.14
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
impatientgirl said:
this is some bullsh*t am in process 17 months may 21 makes 18 months, status change to inprocess December 18 2014 and nothing file got transfer to port of spain I thought it Be better but its for the f***king worst, they ask for rcmp check and receive it a month now and the f****king asses just sitting on my papers and using it to wipe there nasty ass

am so frustrated and boiling to the top, am at the point to tell my husband to withdraw the process get his money back and start his life in Canada cause this is not worth it or he move to Jamaica and come live with me

this is not fair to no human at all, I email the assholes asking whats next and no reply what an insult I have no more patient for this sh*t

Canadian immigration is dumb all there rules laws and workers are dumb, look at the states they have so many country want to blow them away and there immi process takes like 6 months why Canada have to be over the top with there's/ for heaven sake its people life they playing with and they have us as a game
I understand your frustration....I've been there! You are however still under the posted average processing time and therefore, there isn't much you can do short of doing exactly what you said - withdrawing your application - and if you really love your hubby, what benefit would there be to doing that. I can tell you first hand that the wait will be a distant memory once you are here, so hang in there - your time will come!

With respect to your comments about Canadian Immigration rules and laws being dumb....Canada has immigration rules for a reason - the United States has different rules for a reason - and as a Canadian Citizen, I am okay with our rules being more strict than our American counterparts - they have a lot of problems there that we don't see as much here in Canada! Just my opinion tho.....

fab

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BOGOTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2014
Doc's Request.
25-11-2014
AOR Received.
24-01-2015/Aor2 27-02-2015
File Transfer...
16-02-2015
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
impatientgirl said:
this is some bullsh*t am in process 17 months may 21 makes 18 months, status change to inprocess December 18 2014 and nothing file got transfer to port of spain I thought it Be better but its for the f***king worst, they ask for rcmp check and receive it a month now and the f****king asses just sitting on my papers and using it to wipe there nasty ass

am so frustrated and boiling to the top, am at the point to tell my husband to withdraw the process get his money back and start his life in Canada cause this is not worth it or he move to Jamaica and come live with me

this is not fair to no human at all, I email the assholes asking whats next and no reply what an insult I have no more patient for this sh*t

Canadian immigration is dumb all there rules laws and workers are dumb, look at the states they have so many country want to blow them away and there immi process takes like 6 months why Canada have to be over the top with there's/ for heaven sake its people life they playing with and they have us as a game
you should not move to Canada if that's what you think about Canada.

really think about withdrawing the app, you will not be happy in Canada...

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
fab said:
you should not move to Canada if that's what you think about Canada.

really think about withdrawing the app, you will not be happy in Canada...
ppl say things they dont mean when they are upset and angry, and with the wait i can understand why shes angry..... she shouldnt be saying those things tho, its not canadians that are reviewing the files in jamaica, its jamaican workers.... so its not really canada thats slow, but saying she wont be happy here in canada because shes frustrated at waiting so long isnt true.

fab

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BOGOTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2014
Doc's Request.
25-11-2014
AOR Received.
24-01-2015/Aor2 27-02-2015
File Transfer...
16-02-2015
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
shortyp2000 said:
ppl say things they dont mean when they are upset and angry, and with the wait i can understand why shes angry..... she shouldnt be saying those things tho, its not canadians that are reviewing the files in jamaica, its jamaican workers.... so its not really canada thats slow, but saying she wont be happy here in canada because shes frustrated at waiting so long isnt true.

well I am Canadian myself and you have to wait for a lot of things in Canada, like health services for example....people that are not even in Canada yet and criticize the way Canada works should really think about moving to Canada I mean it's not a good start!

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
fab said:
well I am Canadian myself and you have to wait for a lot of things in Canada, like health services for example....people that are not even in Canada yet and criticize the way Canada works should really think about moving to Canada I mean it's not a good start!
Now that is something i can agree with.

solkaman

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston via Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-14
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
March 10 2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-07-14
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-04-15
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2015
Dear forum members,

I have been reading this thread for a few months now and I have learnt a lot from people who have shared their experience and offered advice based on what they went through. It helped me take important decisions to make our immigration process more efficient. So thank you!

We are getting really close to the end of this process in our case and it feels really good. Looking back and reflecting on our immigration journey I would recommend the following to anyone getting started:

- Submit a perfect file upfront. Get help from a consultant or someone who has gone through the process and knows about the do's and don't. Have them go through your application before you send the final draft. It's well worth the $100 you will pay for a consultant to spend an hour with you to review your documents and proof.
- Pay all fees upfront. This will save you time at the end.
- Set the right expectations for yourself. Take a look at the spreadsheets. Know how long it takes on average and be prepared to be patient. One year ago the process took 12-15 months on average, my application submitted in September 2014 will take about 9 months, and the applications submitted towards the end of 2014 are taking even less time.
- Be positive. It is not an easy process and this forum should be a place to encourage everyone in this long and challenging journey.
- Limit your communications with CIC.
- Use FedEx to courier your stuff for peace of mind.
- Respond to CIC promptly when they correspond or need something from you.
- Don't loose it with the CIC people. They have the power to speed up or slow things down on you.
- Be proactive. If your PC or Meds are expiring, don't wait for CIC to ask you for the documents, send them proactively, They will have all that they need when they get to your file.
- Have faith!

Wishing you all the very best!

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
MelJam said:
Good luck to you guys! Will think about you and keep me posted ! Yay !! :D
BullsBelle, wha gwaan!!? Give me some news ! How was the interview !!?

Vancouverain

Apr 1, 2015
MelJam said:
BullsBelle, wha gwaan!!? Give me some news ! How was the interview !!?

Hi Meljam

Just so you know I have gotten back my passport
Yesterday. And reading the letter my visa was
Actually issued April 29, 2015 they just mailed it out late
Thank God this leg is over now just to land.

Thank you for your support
I notice no one replied to my last post.

s_spence

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-09-2013
Med's Done....
04-18-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
DM April 30, 2015. Now to hear back for return of PP. This last week of waiting and stocking of Fed EX is getting very tiring and stressing. But preying for positive answers. What was others experience with POS of the return of the PP? Please share

:) :) :) :)

Longest Application EVER

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Vancouverain said:
Hi Meljam

Thank you for your support
I notice no one replied to my last post.
Hi and congrats ! :)
Well sorry I could not answer your last post cause my application was in Kingston, I don't really know how it was working for people in POS. The only thing I know is ususally when u see Decision Made then the passport follow shortly after. :)
Congrats again ! :D Yay yay ! Keep me posted on the landing ! :D

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
s_spence said:
DM April 30, 2015. Now to hear back for return of PP. This last week of waiting and stocking of Fed EX is getting very tiring and stressing. But preying for positive answers. What was others experience with POS of the return of the PP? Please share

Longest Application EVER
Congrats girl ! Wow 2 years of waiting !! BIG UP YOURSELF GAL !!! :D

Can see Vancouverain sent it in on April 28th and pp got back yesterday so this is not bad ! :D

MrsMcLaughlin

Oct 24, 2014
Vancouverain said:
s_spence said:

Longest Application EVER
Congratulations to you both!! :D :D :D :D

Vancouverain

Apr 1, 2015
MrsMcLaughlin said:
Congratulations to you both!! :D :D :D :D

Hi

Don't worry you will get back your pp soon
I had a lot of problems with DHL so my lawyer
Told me to email pos I sent a respectful email
Stating I have made arrangements with DHL
To pick up my pp. I think it's the attention to this
Matter God allowed them to just speed along the process
Also my passport was stamped with the visa
From April 29, 2015 the and shipped the 4th of May I got it
Yesterday after calling DHL to place a rush On the package
Because it was on hold at Their shipping facility
What I will advice you to do is start packing booking flights
Sorting thorough your stuff it's a big move to immigrate
The passport will come in time but packing takes time

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
s_spence said:

Longest Application EVER
Congrats S_Spence! Finally you are nearing the finish line!! Ours was in POS and found that the end process with POS took what seemed like forever...from PPR to PP return it took 6 weeks which is nerve wracking when you just want it all to end! From DM online it was only a week to get the passport back though so hopefully you have yours very soon! Keep us posted!