+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone.Welcome chukiewifey,reemagray glad to have you aboard. Charlie hopefully the wait for your clearance won't be long. Jammy thanks for keeping everything up to date way to go girl. Your always on top of it. :) Rosemel and Confused not much longer everything will be good.
Jammy has hubby went to his MP to see if they can move some $%$. Not even a request for med redo is way off. This long for you is crazy. We need AWESOME UPDATES. They need to stop sleeping and have the famillies back together NOW. I hope mine is home for christmas we have been apart now going on our 4th christmas :(

Positive thoughts and prayer going out for all the forum family.

kenswife

Star Member
May 17, 2010
Welcome chukiewife and reema ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Glo i agree with you too i think kg just didnt want him out of the country while im filing for him thats unfair because he was planning to go home last sunday. i dont know when they are gonna call him its going to be hard because he works mon-fri 8-4 and he cant always pick up his cell phone if it rings!!!!!!!!!!!

KW

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
9-NOV-2010 but received a few days after AOR
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Hey Fam, Welcome Chukie'sWife and Reema,
I'm sorry I was'nt able to log on to welcome you guys to the Family,
I had issues with my Internet all day today.
Chuckie's your sponsorship went through really fast. lets hope the rest of your application follow's suit.

Hmm still no updates and the visa office is quiet. :mad: I wonder what these people are up to? :mad:

kmc

Star Member
Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
Doc's Request.
june2010
AOR Received.
may 2010
Med's Done....
nov 2009
Ok i am confused . earlier on i asked if i could go in to the office myself and drop off the original docs kg requested and you guys said "NO" because the office is not open ti the public.
Yet it clearly shows that two or more of you guys went in waited in line and dropped off your documents in person and watched the person type in the info on the comp .WTH. I have been to Ja 4 times this year .I could have wnt down ther myself . This is unreal . Hubby dropped them off outside in the mailbox July 2,because the guard said to do so and write his B # on the outside of the envelope . I have sent 2 emails already ,no response and it obviously has been more than 2 months, come on already . Now i am starting to get really cheezed

kmc

Star Member
Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
Doc's Request.
june2010
AOR Received.
may 2010
Med's Done....
nov 2009
I am sorry .good day room and welcome to all new members

There was also someone who got a quick response recently due to the fact that they work somewhere important (i think or government) . I forgot who that was .That is so unfair . can i give you my info so u can email them for me too????? A t least i would know something!!!!

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
9-NOV-2010 but received a few days after AOR
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
KMC I understand your frustration. maybe it would be a good Idea to get Hubby to go there and ask for an update. I think they are open to the public for these kind of enquieries on certain days but not for long. check their Jamaican website for more info.

I plan on paying them a visit in October myself for an update.
emailing could be another option , However based on other's experiences with emails to CIC. I think its best to go in person.
Emails are very vaque Apparently. and dont offer much info as far as an update on the actual case is concerned.
So Definately I would say pay them a visit.

chantol

Sep 1, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-June-2010
Doc's Request.
24-August-2010
AOR Received.
Never got an AOR
File Transfer...
15-JULY-2010
Med's Request
10-August-2010
Med's Done....
19-AUGUST-2010
A warm Welcome to all the new Members, Hi everyone.

still no updates?

Helpmeplease

Star Member
Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
welcome to all the newbies :)

reema, all I can say is make sure that your application is complete..double and triple check to make sure all the forms are there and everything is signed. It's better to pay all the fees upfront so you don't delay your file by waiting for them to request the rest of the pmt. As far as proof send as much as you can. I can't remember exactly how many pictures I sent but it was around 200 if I remember correctly..just different pictures like when he was working in Canada and all my trips to Jamaica and when we went to visit my family in NB (I was living in Toronto at the time). If we would go out we would take pictures of everything, I am glad we took alot of pictures when we were dating and at that time we weren't even thinking about being able to use all those as proof for immigration. Save phone bills or whatever other way you guys communicate (skype, msn), we sent eachother cards in the mail stuff like that. After we got married last May we would send eachother a happy anniversay card every month around the 27th just to stay close and keep that special connection while being apart. I also sent copies of all my plane tickets and made copies of the stamps in my passport. Some people have sent original birth paper and marriage cert but I would be scared they would get lost, they only request a photocopy. I sent color copies of both and we were never asked for originals as most people were asked for before issuing the visa. Just be confident with the package you send and everything will go smooth!! Good luck to you and I wish you a speedy process!!

Rosie, not long now..can't wait to hear your happy update

Jammy..I have no idea what is holding back your file..I was always so sure you were going to get thru right after me because we were close in timeline...:( stay strong

to everyone else take care and keep the faith..

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
good morning everyone!

welcome reemagray!!!

kmc - I believe KG wasn't accepting people in person after the Dudus Coke affair....I may be wrong but I believe after someone posted about going there, someone said no they aren't accepting people, then someone said yes they actually are and had just changed that. I believe this was a recent change for KG. I think they said KG is accepting people on Tuesdays. You'll have to read back the pages to find it if you want to....gosh that's a lot of reading!!!

it doesn't look like KG is giving out any info to anyone lately....no AOR's, no responses to email or MP's....geez what's going on in that office?

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
kmc - jamwifey posted this on Aug 5 and not much before that someone posted that KG was closed to the public since March 2010...I guess that would have nothing to do with the Dudus Coke affair lol. So looks like they just re-opened to the public in August???

jamwifey26 said:
Public Hours (Immigration Section)
In-person applications:

Monday to Thursday, 8am to 10am.

(Completed applications may be placed in the Drop Box at 3 West Kings House Road at any time -- Performing Artist Work Permits excepted. These applications must be made in-person.)

Entry for passport pick-up and interviews:

Monday to Thursday, 8am to 10am or 1:30pm to 2:30pm as directed.

missingmybaby

Star Member
Dec 2, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON,JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2008
AOR Received.
16-02-2009
File Transfer...
02-12-2008
Med's Request
(redo of med /police clearance) July 14,2010
Med's Done....
15-10-2008 Submitted to Kingston August 17
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 22,2010/DROP OF PP NOVEMBER 24
[quote artion =Glogirl68 link=topic=29680.msg415748#msg415748 date=1283910307]
Goodevening all. I hope you are all are doing good. Missing, hubby is back and relaxing. He didn't have a long wait in KG. He called me from outside and said no line up. He went to the counter and handed in his stuff. He said she took the letter and was on her computer and handed him back his medical reciepts and sent him in his way. So now I can get in the boat with the rest waiting for PP request/Pickup.
I pray for those of us at the end here that are hubbies are home for Christmas. Jammy I think it about time you get out of Jamaica. A little snow and cold will do you good. :D I am surprised yours is taking this long.
We neeed UPDATES here.
[/quote]So now were on the same page waiting for the Immigration to call our hubby. It will be soon a month from we send the paper and nothing yet.

reemagray

Star Member
Sep 8, 2010
Thank you everyone!

I am very anxious about this process. My biggest concern is the evidence collection. My husband and I dated for 4 years before we got married. I have tons of photos but as for phone records, e-mail, chat records, airline tickets, etc we did not really keep any of that since we weren't thinking along the lines of having proof for immigration.

We've lived together for the past 8 months, I did manage to find 4 months of phone bills just prior to that, we have included about 100 photos, letters from family and friends, photocopies of our passport stamps and the odd itinerary that could be found.

I really hope that this is enough.

Also has anyone had the experience of traveling back and forth once the application is filed? My husband is from a visa exempt country but we're concerned he will be hassled at the airport.

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
reemagray - I have travelled to JA to visit hubby since filing my application. No real hassle. They hassled me in JA and searched everything after I told them I was there to visit my husband for 2 weeks. They saw that I travel there often and bingo....search! They found nothing but the female officers enjoyed hassling me :mad: I think they were disappointed they didn't find anything. I haven't had any trouble coming back to Canada. A lot of questions but that's it.

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Morning Morning Morning

Welcome to you Reemagray. Wow lots of 2010 applicants

Wow the week almost done and no updates. I must say I am feeling sooo much better today. Finally decided to end my pity party...lol. My time will come too.

In my humble opinion I don't think there is anything you can do to make your file go faster other than having all the info required and even then there are no assurances that you will be processed as fast as some on here. I think it has to do with the IO processing your file. Some work faster than some.

KMC:When it was your time to drop docs off the whole state of emergency made KG close their doors to the public. Your docs are there and like we said countless times before the next call will be for doc request. So just sit tight as you are still well within "normal" processing times. Count your blessings you are one of the lucky ones!

Kenswife: Maybe they really did it to get him out of Canada. Has he tried visiting them again? I would be at that office every single week till i get my passport back!!!!!

sheraig

Apr 6, 2010
Good morning Celebs

I truly think the speed with which your application is processed is due to the
VO that is handling the application.

I am wondering if a VO has your application and goes off for vacation if it is taken up by another officer. I doubt it...

Anyhow, three yrs into this process and I can say I really haven't figured out a method to their madness...

MIssing and all the other persons waiting like forever.. I hope unu hear something soon!! Its not easy waiting!!