Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Happy Labour Day to Canadians and Prospective Canadians alike. He he he. :)
hope you guys get to kick back and relax its the last long weekend for the summer.

Here's to spending the next one together as a Family if you are not already reunited in Canada.

To those who have already reunited, dont take for granted the time that you have together. get away while you can, if you need to, but keep the fire burning, keep your love alive . no matter the things that Life throws at you.
Now that you are together, Make it work, stay together, stay Blessed

Godbless

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
Happy Labour Day to my fellow Canadians!!! and Happy Monday to my Jamaican friends :D

CharlieD - I agree with Godblesswife, I went through the applications and filled them out in rough, some parts twice, before I did my final draft.... you may already know this but in case you don't.....

you should have police check and medical done BEFORE you submit your app....have them done as close to the time you submit the applications as you can. The instructions do ask you to submit these with your application. You have to have your medical done by a DMP (designated medical practitioner) which can be found here

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=2056&CountryName=Jamaica

I copied this out of the guide

If you are required to undergo a medical examination you must follow these steps
Step
Action
Make an appointment with a Designated Medical Practitioner (DMP) for you and each required family member. DMP in your region: http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx
Fill out the Medical Report: Section A – EDE form (IMM 1017 SCL) and bring it and the following items if applicable for you and each of your family members to your medical appointment:
•Medical Report: Section A – EDE form (IMM 1017 SCL)
•Passport and photocopies of the biographical data pages (this is the page that shows the date of birth, the country of origin, etc.)
•If no passport is available, provide an official identity document bearing a photo and the date of birth of the family member
•Eye glasses or contact lenses
•Previous medical reports, prescriptions or treatments
•5 recent photos, taken within six months preceding the date of your examination
•Immigration client identification number (ID #), if known
The DMP will send your results to the appropriate medical office for processing.

Only examinations performed by a physician on Canada's list of Designated Medical Practitioners (DMPs) will be recognized for immigration purposes.
The doctor cannot provide you with the results of the medical examination however he or she will tell you if you have a health-related problem. The doctor cannot provide any advice on the immigration process.

Police Certificates
SUBMIT THE CERTIFICATES
Include the police certificates and any supplementary forms with your application.·If the police authorities notify you that they will submit the certificates directly to us, include this notice with your application.
·All police certificates must be originals; photocopies are not acceptable.
·If your certificates are in a language other than English or French, attach an original translation prepared by an accredited translator.

Instructions for obtaining a police certificate in JA can be found here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/central-south-amer/jamaica.asp

Something important you should know is to follow the photo specifications in the guide. Take the page with you when obtaining a photo because the size is different than the passport photo and Canada is very very anal about the photos - they have to be exactly right! My husband obtained regular passport photos and I had to send him back for new ones using the guide instructions.

There is a Country Specific guide for Jamaica that you can find here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3909e.pdf

Read the guides front to back!! Read the document checklists from both guides as they are slightly different and require slightly different things. For example: the sponsorship application requires a photocopy of your marriage certificate but the application for permanent residence requires the original marriage certificate

Here is another copied exerpt from that guide

PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP TO SPONSOR
If you are being sponsored by your spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner, you must send evidence of the relationship between you and your sponsor such as wedding photos or proof that you are partners, letters between you and your sponsor, and telephone bills showing contact between you and your sponsor. Note: Photos must be loose. Do not send them in binders, albums, frames or other such containers. Do not send video discs or video cassettes. Do not send musical greeting cards or other similar documents containing electronic or mechanical devices.
Proof of your sponsor's visits such as airline ticket coupons, boarding passes, copies of pages of your sponsor's passport showing entry/exit stamps.
If you are a common-law or conjugal partner, provide evidence that your relationship is genuine and continuing and has existed for at least 12 months prior to your application. Also provide details of the history of your relationship and at least two statutory declarations from individuals with personal knowledge of your relationship supporting your claim that the relationship is genuine and continuing.

I had photos that we already had and copies of our wedding photos printed and sent the original photos. I sent everything and anything I had to show the relationship is genuine and went a step further and sent in letters from both of our family and friends giving their own account of our relationship.

One more thing, get your husband to order an Option C printout from Revenue Canada at 1-800-959-8281 - have him call now so he will have it when you are ready to submit your application. He also needs a letter from his employer and the instructions for that can be found on the documents checklist.

Try to follow the instructions in the guide to a T !! if you are able to, pay for the sponsorship and RPRF (right of permanent residence fee) up front. I paid the sponsorship fee and the RPRF fee a few weeks later right before the file went to KG.

The less KG has to ask you for, the faster the processing time!!! Every time they have to ask you for something, it could delay your processing time by 30 to 90 days. Which is why it is important to have everything they ask for in the application when you send it rather than waiting until later when they ask you for it.

I know that's a lot of info but I really hope it helps!!! and I apologize if you already know this stuff - consider it a duplicate lol

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Thanks so much everyone who has taken the time to offer information and advice! I really appreciate this and am glad to know that I am not alone and that the others who have taken the steps before me have been kind enough to offer their experiences to help me :)

I had already decided that we should make 2 sets of the documents, so we have one draft set, and a final set is submitted for application. I am already working on my FBI clearance, and I am reading reading reading all the forms and guides.

Thanks again!

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
you're very welcome!

good point you just made....once you have everything together, photocopy everything so you have a duplicate at home in the event it gets lost

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Morning Morning Morning

Welcome to you Charlie and brownsuga!

Well today was the first day of grade 4 for my little baby. Cant believe how fast time flies. I get teary eyed every back to school day :'(

SOANXIOUS: Hey mi fren. You good? You betta have a smile on that pretty face of yours....or else.

Canuck: Hope you have a great time and remember to do your stretches :p

Confused: What a predicament! I like nae's idea. Tell them you have to send away for the transcripts or something and that will take time. If that dont work just keep looking. Who knows maybe you will be all done at the time of your interview and back in Canada in no time.

Iambless: I say write all the information you have to identify you file. Both of your date of birth, place of birth, full name all that on the outside and inside of the envelope you sending it in. And send the original copy and keep a copy for yourself in case the lose it.

KMC: Bless up. Almost there girl.

NAE: How is the shred going?

GodBless: How you holding up girl. Gwaan keep the faith yah madiques...lol

LCW: Glad all is going good for you and the fam

New week peeps. Hopefully it will be a great one for us all!

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone. Nae-nae the only way we got the file number was because IMM sent a request for RCMP clearance. If they didn't do that no idea how to get that #. Here we are at 16mths and never a AOR.
Charlie having a good amount of items showing them your marriage is legit is a good thing. Everyone here can and will be here for help and advice. Make sure every i is dotted and every T is crossed before sending it in. If you's can another set of eyes to check it over is always good.
Make sure you get the FBI clearance before sending it in. I was told by a IMM lawyer not to worry if they want one (RCMP clearance)they will ask but they probably won't, well they did. Like many here we didn't use a lawyer why pay more money however thats a choise you's make.

Hubby goes to KG tomorrow to drop off his med/police redo, marriage cert/birth papers. Little man's mom is giving him a letter signed by the justice saying why he isn't listed on the paper for their son. I thought was something we should do in case they come back with a "why".

Hopefully everyone will get some updates soon. ;D

sheraig

Apr 6, 2010
Happy Holiday!!!!

Confused & rosumel: interviews around the corna....

Confused: u are this week right??? Wow.... good luck....be calm, cool and collected. U'll be alright!!

Hey Jammy: 4 grade huh? kids growing fast dont it..blow wow man...
u having the son next yr right?

Soanxious: howdy....hope u good mama...one day closer...nuh feel nuh way!!

Cheers to a productive week.....CHC updates...Please ;D

soanxiouswifey

Nov 26, 2009
St.James
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Welcome Brownsuga and Charlie....

Jammy & Sheraig big up unuself. Until i get that call i dont think i will be content...not feeling to hot today at all, feeling a bit down but i am sure as the day goes on my spirits will be lifted.

Waiting for UPDATES! New week new possibilities

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
sheraig said:
Happy Holiday!!!!

Confused & rosumel: interviews around the corna....

Confused: u are this week right??? Wow.... good luck....be calm, cool and collected. U'll be alright!!

Hey Jammy: 4 grade huh? kids growing fast dont it..blow wow man...
u having the son next yr right?

Soanxious: howdy....hope u good mama...one day closer...nuh feel nuh way!!

Cheers to a productive week.....CHC updates...Please ;D
Hey you guys, the days are getting shorter for me .... it's until next week but here I am beginning to get nervous and freaking that I don't have everything set out. I am yet to put all the stuff into a nice pile and print out the cover pages.

I need a hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeee A$$ group prayer right now. I have this mixed feeling stirring up in me because I am so not sure what they heck they will ask of me. The email I got from POS last week said I only should bring additional evidence of the rship.

Now, does this mean they are only focusing on the rship and nothing else or are they going to frigging grill me like dolphin about my immigration history back in Canada that led to my deportation. If only I can get these answers.

In any case I am going to prepare 2 sets of piles for the IO. One with my rship evidence and the other with all my immigration decisions and documents from Canada. Hopefully, everything gets sorted out on that day.

Lastly too guys, I am kinda getting scared that I am giving them tooooooooooooooooo many papers and stuff for evidence. I am already over 250 pages in evidence material with another .. LOL ... close to 300+ pictures (Wal-Mart prints and MS Word prints). Everything explained and I think for the most of it, detailed.

I have pictures from every month since our Marriage to when I left Canada and our vacations this year. I made selections but I put enough so the IO can see trends of everything. Only thing left is to understand and go through the finances and get a better idea of how much goes where. I do know most of this stuff already but my values are kinda-sorta close or too off :(

If any of you in here were an Immigration Officer, would you still question this relationship being a same-sex one?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Thanks for all the welcomes!

I am starting slowly but surely. The first thing we are sending off is the request for my FBI clearance. Who knew that a trip to "find myself" in NY would come back to bite me on the behind like this? :p I went to the US on a student visa, and when I came right back to Jamaica 18 months later, I got a job and forgot about going anywhere. Now I need to prove I behaved myself. I guess the fact that the US issued me another visa for 10 years just last year isn't proof enough, huh?

First though, as much as I hate to say it, I need to send my husband back home. He is getting sicker every day, and I am fretting so badly every day he stays here, it isn't funny. He refuses to leave me until he absolutely has to, and I don't want to fight with him about it, but I'm worried. :(

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
9-NOV-2010 but received a few days after AOR
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
You are most Welcome. CharlieD, Tell Hubby he needs to be Healthy for you both, so if taht means going home and coming back when he's well do that.
You'll be fine though in terms of your application, you are doing your research and that always helps.
you'll know what not to do, and what to do to avoid delays. in most cases its not knowing stuff that tend to cause problems. but as it stands you seem one step ahead of the game.

so take your time and when you are sure send it off and Join us in the wait. we are waiting to pray and with you and support you.

Jamy I'm just here Battling PMS AND Kgn at the same the same time...... not nice

Godbless

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
9-NOV-2010 but received a few days after AOR
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Confused the important thing is you know that they want further proof about your relationship. so just oblige them and take all you have, its better for them to say tell you we dont need all that. but be as prepared as you can be.

your relationship is genuine so you should be fine.

I dont know of Conjugal Partners approvals or denials as of yet. so difficult to say it will be easy or hard. but what I can say is once CIC make provisions to include a category for same sex couples, then you have a good chance, just as much as everyone else to succeed. but since there is no marriage Certificate. Just like Common law relationships, then the bulk of your interview may just be to satisfy the IO that your Relationship is Genuine.and if you have all them pics ETC. You should be fine.
They even ask some Married couples with kids for interviews just so they can be happy the Marriage is real so just be yourself. and before you know it you will be with your Partner soon. this is just one more step you have to take.
then it will all be over After your PP Request in a few weeks watch.
then you'll have the Job of coming on here, to support other Conjugal Partners.

On that note though Confused. follow your gut instinct if you feel you need to prepare yourself for anything else they may bring up, just do so ahead of your interview.
My Prayers are with you.

Godbless

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Godblesswife said:
You are most Welcome. CharlieD, Tell Hubby he needs to be Healthy for you both, so if taht means going

so take your time and when you are sure send it off and Join us in the wait. we are waiting to pray and with you and support you.

Godbless
Thanks, yes, I had a hard fight convincing him that it was best if he left, he said he meant it when he took a vow to be there in sickness and in health. I told him I want my til death do us part, and I don't mean anytime soon, LOL.

It is good to know that others have been there and done that, honestly I was feeling so lost until hubby found this page and said maybe we should go through it and see if it helps. At one point I told him to just go home and forget me, but my husband does not do "can't". I am grateful for the encouragement and support, it has gone a long way to making me feel better.

kenswife

Star Member
May 17, 2010
Happy Labour Day to all
welcome Charlie!!
spoke to a friend yesterday and when she applied for her huzzy to come from kg it only took 4months because she did everything all at once fees, original docs incl.marriage cert +++ proof, she said thats y my application is taking so long because they made two requests for info :mad: first time original documents then second time passport pictures because the ones we sent the first time were stamped at the back they wanted written proof of how our relationship progressed which he already sent but they asked for it again?? im sooooooooo mad!!!!!!!everytime they request something it takes them 6 wks to look at ur file again

have a great day everyone KW 8)

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Soanxious: Cheer up. I not feeling to up and happy these past couple days. Just been reading as many books as I can find. It helps to take my mind of IMM.

Sheraig: Yes Man. I cant bear seeing babies these days. Makes me want another one soooo bad. Cant wait to be pregnant again.

CharlieD: Makes no sense for him to be sick here in Jamaica. Send him back to get treated and then he can return to you fit and healthy.

Confused: Take deep breaths and relax. It will all work out fine.

GODBLESS: PMS turns me into the woman in the exorcist :p. Man everything worry and angers me that time of the month. Plus KG on top of it! No man