+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

MrsK

Dec 5, 2014
Hey Bieraumane, you can try mine, David Tilson, I just sent an email to his website email address and they got back to me the next day, they are very by the book though, there is some process where they send an email or call the ministry of immigration and they determine whether your case is worth their interference or if you just have to follow the process, because of all my errors they sent an email and then escalated my case on Monday when Kingston started making demands I couldn't meet, they fixed it within 24 hours for me

chnkymnky

May 1, 2014
Landing Story:

I left for Jamaica for Christmas on Dec. 20, I knew that Kingston already had his passport and the DM was already changed on ECAS. I left with a huge knot in my stomach because he was supposed to get back the passport on Dec 19 and didn't so my heart fell a lot when I arrived in Jamaica to hear this news that it still hadn't arrived. I felt defeated knowing that we had been waiting for so long through this onerous process. I had stopped looking for flights etc thinking that Kingston would once again let me down. My husband on the other hand, had so much faith that we would be coming home together. We spent the weekend before Christmas trying to see family and friends and most of them also had great faith that the passport would come back before I left. I didn't want to mar anyone's fun so I didn't say that I felt otherwise. This was probably due to the fact that I got a wicked flu right when I landed so I spent 48 hours being HELLA miserable! Hubby was phenomenal as always, tending and cuddling etc-- he didn't care how sick I was, he just wanted to soak it all in.

On Dec. 22nd, Hubby and I were having breakfast and just talking about the "what if" scenario-- we were sort of drunk on hope at that moment, I was just feeling very grateful just to be with him. His phone rang and he literally raised his fist in the air! The courier was calling to drop off a package.... I still didn't believe it! I wanted that passport/visa in my hand. I couldn't help but freak out... this was soooo surreal. I had a date with my girls for spa and lunch, so hubby dropped me off at the salon in Ochi and left to pick up the package at the office. He was back in 15 mins and handed me an oversized package... b/c it was so big my heart lurched thinking it was some twisted rejection letter! I tore it open and amongst our photos cards etc was his passport with visa. I was near tears... there was a group hug from everyone around us! We were over the moon elated. I literally pulled out my Ipad right then and there and looked to book him a flight home with me. All we could find was 2 ONE WAY (yeah!) on Jan. 1st -- I couldn't believe with a click of a button the last 4 years seemed like a distant dream.

We spent the next week scrambling really to get things organized, tie up loose ends and say goodbye to our friends and esp. his family. They were all so happy for him but it was very bitter sweet. We rented a large van to get us all to the airport and it was again soooo unbelievable... So many times we had made this trip and he would always say- Next times my turn babe, don't you worry. We were in line to go through customs, he leaned over and whispered--- it's our time babe. It was cute, the whole experience was wonderful. We held hands all the way home, he was nervous b/c he had never flown before and of course all his friends and family tried to scare him with stories before hand. He cussed under his breath a lot during take off and landing but his face as we flew over Toronto was priceless.... It's soooo pretty he kept saying.

Immigration was actually a breeze, so very welcoming and helpful. We exited into the cold at Pearson and couldn't stop kissing.... We were home.

He's already working and still perpetually cold, it's been so wonderful sharing my fav stops and he now shares my obsession with star bucks and Timmies :) He has been adjusting well, settling into his new role of man of the house and manners-ing my dog who is so excited for another person to play with!

After more than 4 years as friends and 2.5 of being married and waiting for this moment....We are home :)

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
chnkymnky said:
Landing Story:

I left for Jamaica for Christmas on Dec. 20, I knew that Kingston already had his passport and the DM was already changed on ECAS. I left with a huge knot in my stomach because he was supposed to get back the passport on Dec 19 and didn't so my heart fell a lot when I arrived in Jamaica to hear this news that it still hadn't arrived. I felt defeated knowing that we had been waiting for so long through this onerous process. I had stopped looking for flights etc thinking that Kingston would once again let me down. My husband on the other hand, had so much faith that we would be coming home together. We spent the weekend before Christmas trying to see family and friends and most of them also had great faith that the passport would come back before I left. I didn't want to mar anyone's fun so I didn't say that I felt otherwise. This was probably due to the fact that I got a wicked flu right when I landed so I spent 48 hours being HELLA miserable! Hubby was phenomenal as always, tending and cuddling etc-- he didn't care how sick I was, he just wanted to soak it all in.

On Dec. 22nd, Hubby and I were having breakfast and just talking about the "what if" scenario-- we were sort of drunk on hope at that moment, I was just feeling very grateful just to be with him. His phone rang and he literally raised his fist in the air! The courier was calling to drop off a package.... I still didn't believe it! I wanted that passport/visa in my hand. I couldn't help but freak out... this was soooo surreal. I had a date with my girls for spa and lunch, so hubby dropped me off at the salon in Ochi and left to pick up the package at the office. He was back in 15 mins and handed me an oversized package... b/c it was so big my heart lurched thinking it was some twisted rejection letter! I tore it open and amongst our photos cards etc was his passport with visa. I was near tears... there was a group hug from everyone around us! We were over the moon elated. I literally pulled out my Ipad right then and there and looked to book him a flight home with me. All we could find was 2 ONE WAY (yeah!) on Jan. 1st -- I couldn't believe with a click of a button the last 4 years seemed like a distant dream.

We spent the next week scrambling really to get things organized, tie up loose ends and say goodbye to our friends and esp. his family. They were all so happy for him but it was very bitter sweet. We rented a large van to get us all to the airport and it was again soooo unbelievable... So many times we had made this trip and he would always say- Next times my turn babe, don't you worry. We were in line to go through customs, he leaned over and whispered--- it's our time babe. It was cute, the whole experience was wonderful. We held hands all the way home, he was nervous b/c he had never flown before and of course all his friends and family tried to scare him with stories before hand. He cussed under his breath a lot during take off and landing but his face as we flew over Toronto was priceless.... It's soooo pretty he kept saying.

Immigration was actually a breeze, so very welcoming and helpful. We exited into the cold at Pearson and couldn't stop kissing.... We were home.

He's already working and still perpetually cold, it's been so wonderful sharing my fav stops and he now shares my obsession with star bucks and Timmies :) He has been adjusting well, settling into his new role of man of the house and manners-ing my dog who is so excited for another person to play with!

After more than 4 years as friends and 2.5 of being married and waiting for this moment....We are home :)

Awwww.....+1 chnkymnky, such a sweet story and so, so glad you are both finally together. I get shivers every time I read one of these as I think for those of us who have landed, remember our own experiences. And before my hubby landed when I would read a landing story, it always gave me hope that soon we would be writing our own. So for all of you still waiting, please keep the faith, it will happen. Blessings.

Mitchell‘s

Nov 22, 2014
chnkymnky said:
Landing Story:

how long did it take for them to ask u for the passport and to give u back??????

MrsK

Dec 5, 2014
Chnkymnky, what a great story and you are do lucky that you got to experience it together, congrats and enjoy your life together

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
chnkymnky said:
Landing Story:

Welcome to Canada Mr Chnkymnky!!!

Charlyn42

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-14
Doc's Request.
06-12-14
AOR Received.
05-04-14
File Transfer...
05-04-14
Med's Done....
Dec. 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-01-15
MelJam said:
Niiiiiiice I am happy! :-* :-* :-*
Congrats Steen and all the best to you and the family. Congrats to all who have heard good news from King or POS and a big WELCOME to all the newbies

Mitchell‘s

Nov 22, 2014
I heard news! They have ever thing for us, and required the rest of payment. And i see my application status change to ( in process) so i would like to no how long would it take for them to request the passport and how long would we get it back????? :D

MrsK

Dec 5, 2014
So apparently dreams do come true, after 20 months Kingston has said the passports went out Friday by Dhl, so far no tracking has shown up but let's just believe they are telling the truth, soon my journey will be over...big sigh of relief

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
MrsK said:
So apparently dreams do come true, after 20 months Kingston has said the passports went out Friday by Dhl, so far no tracking has shown up but let's just believe they are telling the truth, soon my journey will be over...big sigh of relief
Yay congrats girl! Thats good ! :)

MrsK

Dec 5, 2014
Mitchell‘s said:
How long did it take for them to request the passport and send it back to u????

My case was not normal, we had some problems with keying errors from VIC with the kids passports, my docs were requested at the beginning of Nov and they requested the passports on Dec 9, if all was well it should have been returned within a week, seems to be average, mine was two months but as I said don't go by my return time

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Mitchell‘s said:
I heard news! They have ever thing for us, and required the rest of payment. And i see my application status change to ( in process) so i would like to no how long would it take for them to request the passport and how long would we get it back????? :D
I think they will call your husband this week...or next week. U sent payment about Fev. 5 and its now in Process...so theres no reason why they would not call him this week. Good luck, :)

MrsK

Dec 5, 2014
Thanks Meljam, I was hoping to go get them but at this point I just want them here... hopefully Wed or Thurs