+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

Mitchell‘s

Nov 22, 2014
Hello and Merry Christmas everyone, Ive been MIA lately but had a question and knew I could get some insight on here. When the applic is sent to Kingston from Mississauga did anyone get a confirmtion notice when it arrived in Kingston? Or when did people first hear anything about the application? Only when they needed something? I hope this question makes sense haha. I just havent heard ANYTHING other than the sponsor approval letter which stated my application has now been sent to Kingston, is this normal? :-[ :'(

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Mitchell‘s said:
Hello and Merry Christmas everyone, Ive been MIA lately but had a question and knew I could get some insight on here. When the applic is sent to Kingston from Mississauga did anyone get a confirmtion notice when it arrived in Kingston? Or when did people first hear anything about the application? Only when they needed something? I hope this question makes sense haha. I just havent heard ANYTHING other than the sponsor approval letter which stated my application has now been sent to Kingston, is this normal? :-[ :'(
Yes this is normal. You can always email Kingston to see if they have your application or order your GCMS notes.

ziggy30

Nov 5, 2014
suzanne2014 said:
Just got off the phone with immigration they said even if my husband has an exclusion order I can do an out Canada application even though he's in Canada still
this is great news !! Just waiting for my in Canada application too get closed so I can apply right away for out of Canada
how long has it taken for anyone else too get a withdrawal confirmation???
Doesn't take that long just send a withdrawal letter to civ missausaga and make sure you write withdraw on the front. An agent will give you a call in about 2 weeks roughly to confirm

cafelatte02

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2013
Doc's Request.
09/17/2014, birth, marriage cert. and sched. A
AOR Received.
19/04/2013
File Transfer...
03/04/2013
Med's Done....
15/01/2013
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
29/09/2014!!!
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/2014
LANDED..........
PLEASE GOD MAKE HUBBY FLY WITH ME ON OCT19 - AND SO HE DID!
MelJam said:
Depending on the province you leave in you will get the information at the driver liscence offices of your Province. I know in Québec my husband can drive with his current driving license and have 6 months to go exchange it for a Québec driving license and theres no exam or tests required during these 6 first months. If we dont go do this within 6 months, well he will have to redo everything. But of course, first thing we will do after Holidays! :)
Good evening Jam Fam! Mel you are right about the six months driving class exemption for the newcomers and for the validity of their foreign driving licence, but to exchange it without test you need to immigrate from a country that has an agreement with Canada (mostly European countries), otherwise you need to pass the tests. In Quebec there are two tests (1- Theory to get the apprentice driver licence that allows you to drive with a licence holder; 2- the driving test that is evaluated by the licence office agent). I know it sucks, but driving class are pretty expensive so at least we save that...

What about the other province? Could you please share the requirements for Jamaicans permanent resident to exchange the foreign driving licence for a Canadian one?

Thanks a lot to all of you I wish you a wonderful Christmas :-*

maty_1319

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Mel - happy landing day to you and Hubby! I hope he has a great flight. Congrats to you both and Christmas will surely be wonderful.

We have visa and COPR in hand and flight booked!

Good luck to everyone else waiting for PP to be returned. As an FYI our COPR was issued on the day our application was approved (Dec 10th). It was only on Dec 15th that our ECAS turned to Decision Made and the PP was requested. So I think our PP was returned quickly because they had already finalized our application and issued the COPR.

Also, they returned most of our application information. My hubby was worried when be picked up the package because it was so big! No notes or letter or anything, just a big pile of material we had submitted. They did keep a copy of our marriage certificate and copies of passports/birth certificates. But it looks like everything else was returned.

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
maty_1319 said:
Mel - happy landing day to you and Hubby! I hope he has a great flight. Congrats to you both and Christmas will surely be wonderful.

We have visa and COPR in hand and flight booked!

Good luck to everyone else waiting for PP to be returned. As an FYI our COPR was issued on the day our application was approved (Dec 10th). It was only on Dec 15th that our ECAS turned to Decision Made and the PP was requested. So I think our PP was returned quickly because they had already finalized our application and issued the COPR.

Also, they returned most of our application information. My hubby was worried when be picked up the package because it was so big! No notes or letter or anything, just a big pile of material we had submitted. They did keep a copy of our marriage certificate and copies of passports/birth certificates. But it looks like everything else was returned.
Thanks girl, I am just so excited so I drinking coffee with Tia Maria to calm down loll

Congrats to you to, can you tell me your dates so I can update spreadsheet...like which day pp has been returned + which day your man will travel ! Thanks to advise and I am really happy for you, immigration journey soon done for you too ! :)

PinkyM

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
PC 3.8.14
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
cafelatte02 said:
Good evening Jam Fam! Mel you are right about the six months driving class exemption for the newcomers and for the validity of their foreign driving licence, but to exchange it without test you need to immigrate from a country that has an agreement with Canada (mostly European countries), otherwise you need to pass the tests. In Quebec there are two tests (1- Theory to get the apprentice driver licence that allows you to drive with a licence holder; 2- the driving test that is evaluated by the licence office agent). I know it sucks, but driving class are pretty expensive so at least we save that...

What about the other province? Could you please share the requirements for Jamaicans permanent resident to exchange the foreign driving licence for a Canadian one?

Thanks a lot to all of you I wish you a wonderful Christmas :-*
In Ontario, we have 3 classes of licensed - G1, G2 & G. When hubby landed, he had his letter from the tax office in Kingston proving that he has had his license for 4+ years. As cafelatte says - in order to "skip" the whole process, you have to come from certain countries where there are agreements in place - of which, Jamaica is NOT one (but you can skip certain parts in Ontario)! So, in Ontario, hubby had 60 days to get his G1 license - he was able to drive alone & learn to drive on the right side of the road for a bit on his Jamaican license and then went in to write his G1 test (that's the written theory test). This is where you can bypass some of the time (normally you have to keep your G1 for 1 year before you can go for your G2) - if you can prove you have been licensed in another country for a certain number of years (I think it was 4), then you can book your G2 exit test right away. You only have 1 chance at it, so if you fail, you keep you G1 and all the rules that apply to that, if you pass that road test, you skip having your G2 altogether (which you would normally have to keep for 8 months with drivers training and 1 year without) and get your full G, which is what happened for my hubby. The crappy thing about where we live is that he went in with his JA license, could drive on his own and left with his G1, which means he can't drive on his own anymore......and the next appointment they had for his G2 road test was not for 2 weeks, so me and my parents had to drive him to work for 2 weeks while he waited. Once he did his G2 exit test, he had the same driving privilege's as I do. Is getting your drivers license so complicated in other provinces?!

PinkyM

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
PC 3.8.14
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
MelJam said:
Thanks girl, I am just so excited so I drinking coffee with Tia Maria to calm down loll

Congrats to you to, can you tell me your dates so I can update spreadsheet...like which day pp has been returned + which day your man will travel ! Thanks to advise and I am really happy for you, immigration journey soon done for you too ! :)
Today is the big day eh MelJam! So exciting.....enjoy every minute of it!

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
PinkyM said:
Today is the big day eh MelJam! So exciting.....enjoy every minute of it!
Yes it is!! I cant stay calm I swear ! + hes living from Kingston to go Mandeville and then his dad taking him at the airport in Mobay....I hope everything will be alright on the road ! I so stressed about it !!! Cant wait to see him Check In at the Airport on Facebook so I will definetly sure hes there. LOL

PinkyM

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
PC 3.8.14
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
MelJam said:
Yes it is!! I cant stay calm I swear ! + hes living from Kingston to go Mandeville and then his dad taking him at the airport in Mobay....I hope everything will be alright on the road ! I so stressed about it !!! Cant wait to see him Check In at the Airport on Facebook so I will definetly sure hes there. LOL
I bet, so much excitement and so much stress all wrapped up into one big ball of holy sh!t, is this really happening? What time is his flight?

maty_1319

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
I am so sure everything will be perfect Mel! Just keep drinking booze. I put Jamaican rum cream in my coffee this morning (last work day before xmas tradition - not because I am an alcoholic!!)

Hubby picked up his PP yesterday (Dec 22) and he flies on Dec 30th. We are having a NYE party at "our house"!!!

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
PinkyM said:
I bet, so much excitement and so much stress all wrapped up into one big ball of holy sh!t, is this really happening? What time is his flight?
PinkyM : Yesss it is ! Hes flight is at 4:35 pm....he left Kingston at 8 am and his dad is waiting on him now. Its gonna be alright I just fear the bloodclat road ! loll

Maty : Same here, its a Christmas tradition at work, but its such a good timing this year I'm telling you ! LOL Thanks, will update spreadsheet now.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
MelJam said:
PinkyM : Yesss it is ! Hes flight is at 4:35 pm....he left Kingston at 8 am and his dad is waiting on him now. Its gonna be alright I just fear the bloodclat road ! loll

Maty : Same here, its a Christmas tradition at work, but its such a good timing this year I'm telling you ! LOL Thanks, will update spreadsheet now.
Mel he will be fine and in your arms in about 12 hours!! So very happy for you and exciting too!! Keep drinking coffee and Tia Maria and you will be fine sweetie :) LOL!! Oh but make sure you don't get too drunk that you pass out and he is at airport waiting for his love to show up...joking :) We expect a landing story in the next few days. Need something to make me smile and cry for a good reason :-*

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Twoheartsonelove said:
Mel he will be fine and in your arms in about 12 hours!! So very happy for you and exciting too!! Keep drinking coffee and Tia Maria and you will be fine sweetie :) LOL!! Oh but make sure you don't get too drunk that you pass out and he is at airport waiting for his love to show up...joking :) We expect a landing story in the next few days. Need something to make me smile and cry for a good reason :-*
Hes now on his way to Mobay !! Yes I keep drinking this coffee !! I feel a likkle frass ! lol Will stop now so will be sober tonight for sure ! :) Yes will share landing story in few days when I come back to Montréal around Dec 28. :-* Stay positive girl :)