+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

maty_1319

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
MelJam said:
I would wait the passport be at delivery facility , does your husband is in Kingston? We had delivery on the same day because my husband lives in Kingston. Because if your husband is in Mobay or somewhere else it could takes few days again...

Which province you live ?? Maybe our husbands will travel together ! LOLOL
I thought of that Mel but he is heading to Halifax via Toronto:) I am going to wait until PP is picked up. He is in Mobay so it could take a few days. But we are sticking with the plan to have him fly on Dec 30th. This gives him time to get everything in order.

Your husband is so lucky he is going direct! Direct flights to Halifax only start at the end of January.

jacwife

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
MelJam said:
DHL update : Awaiting collection by recipient as requested KINGSTON - JAMAICA 15:01

Flight booked, hubby will be home on December 23rd ! Dieuuuuuuu Merciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

A big congratulations to you and HUbby!!! You guys must me be over the moon.

jacwife

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
I am beginning to get really antsy now. Its going into three weeks since DHL delivered pp and additional doc request to POS and I haven't heard anything from them yet. I am just glad there is movement but also feel that its unfair to be feeling all this additional anxiety over courier issues to POS plus having to wait anxiously for passport to return. So many things go through my mind..... this process just keep you on edge every step of the way.

I don't know if I should email them or just wait.............

any thoughts, feelings, ?

Just anxious to move on with my life.

MrsK

Dec 5, 2014
MelJam said:
Depending on the province you leave in you will get the information at the driver liscence offices of your Province. I know in Québec my husband can drive with his current driving license and have 6 months to go exchange it for a Québec driving license and theres no exam or tests required during these 6 first months. If we dont go do this within 6 months, well he will have to redo everything. But of course, first thing we will do after Holidays! :)

MrsK

Dec 5, 2014
So I can't figure out how to use a quote, but I'm still trying to figure out the drivers license thing, thank you so your help, does anyone know how it works in Ontario, also can he just get a abstract at any tax office, he inquired today and they gave him a letter hour had to take to Kingston to get it, does this sound right

Sh and Sh

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
Doc's Request.
Sept 23/ 2014
File Transfer...
14-08-2013 (AUG 30/13) - Recieved in KGN
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
LANDED..........
24-12-2014
Does anyone know if DHL delivers during the wknd?
Or if they shut down for the wknd???

suzanne2014

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2015 lost sent second one they recieved it May 13
AOR Received.
13-06-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
Why do some prs take so long and some are so fast is it because of the province there in in Canada? or because there missing docs?
my question is what really makes the processing run so smooth???

Charlyn42

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-14
Doc's Request.
06-12-14
AOR Received.
05-04-14
File Transfer...
05-04-14
Med's Done....
Dec. 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-01-15
bieraumane said:
Congratulation to every one who has received PPR and God bless you during this season. Sorry I have been out for while....
This is an FYI ,we just got PPR from POS, the wait was the FBI background check and not the VO. The VO was very quick indeed...
This is a suggestion for whoever sponsor someone that lived in the USA for over 6 month, please do the FBI check ASAP, it took us 14 weeks from we summited the application with the fingerprint, what a nightmare...

Have a bless season to every one
Hi Jamfam big CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who have received some good news be it DM, passport, PPR or in process. It is wonderful to see that King has cleaned up their backlog and reuniting families for the holidays.

@bieraumane thanks for responding to my pm. I sent in the pc for my other son and myself. What I don't understand is this, my son in NY is not being filed for so why did they request the FBI report for him?

bieraumane

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2013
Doc's Request.
September 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
December 18 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 12 2015
LANDED..........
February 12 2015
Hi Charlyn,

I am not really sure why they requested this for your son, some weird reason I suppose…

atclarke

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
impatientgirl said:
Hi everyone! First of all congrats to everyone who's journey is done with king n pos and congrats for all those who are in process

Just to update my status on here, I receive an email requesting for police clearance and fingerprint so am gonna get on it ASAP!

Question do I have to go in Kingston to do the police clearance or I can do it in ochi? Your reply is greatly appreciated

Again congrats to you all
You can do it in Ochi. My husband did his at the Tower Isle station.

atclarke

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
MelJam said:
Hi girl,
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/central-south-amer/jamaica.asp
must be in Kingston!
I'm a bit late but you can do it in Ochi too. That's where my husband did his.

Jessie2014

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
Additional photos, police clearance and FBI redo requested February 17, 2015/FBI REDO SINCE FIRST TWO WERE INCORRECT. RECEIVED IN MARCH 29
File Transfer...
July 24, 2014
Med's Done....
March 26, 2014 (Received as per CIC)
Passport Req..
July 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 4, 2015
Man do I miss my hubby :( he's taking it pretty hard this time around too...yet another Christmas without him.

suzanne2014

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2015 lost sent second one they recieved it May 13
AOR Received.
13-06-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
My husband gets sent back next month on the 12th and he has an exclusion order so he's gone for a year guareenteed.. I'm taking it hard and he never left yet so I'm not sure how you cope with your husband gone this time of year :( please explain :( how you cope with it !

Jessie2014

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
Additional photos, police clearance and FBI redo requested February 17, 2015/FBI REDO SINCE FIRST TWO WERE INCORRECT. RECEIVED IN MARCH 29
File Transfer...
July 24, 2014
Med's Done....
March 26, 2014 (Received as per CIC)
Passport Req..
July 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 4, 2015
Re: Kingston,Jamaica

suzanne2014 said:
My husband gets sent back next month on the 12th and he has an exclusion order so he's gone for a year guareenteed.. I'm taking it hard and he never left yet so I'm not sure how you cope with your husband gone this time of year :( please explain :(
Sorry to hear Hun. It's tough. Especially when he expresses how much he misses me and wishes he had his wife. What keeps me somewhat above utter depression, is the thought of having him here for good one day. It also helps to vent and express myself on the forum because only you guys who have gone through it or currently going through it, understand how I feel.

impatientgirl

Jun 11, 2014
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/11/2013
AOR Received.
17 sept 2014 from POS
File Transfer...
23/12/2013
Med's Request
29/10/2013
Med's Done....
Redo med request 19/05/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17/6/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued July 6 2015
LANDED..........
DHL pick up package July 28, 2015 landed July 31
atclarke said:
I'm a bit late but you can do it in Ochi too. That's where my husband did his.
Hi girl thanks for your reply, I went to ST. Ann's bay n pay for the prints I ask where to go n they say area 2 police station in portmaria, but where is towers isles police station in ochi located?