+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

ballasgirl

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Hello everyone.. I had sent a post out a little while ago asking about the email that you can use to inquire.. nobody responded... so I was wondering again after many tries to my MP with no response as I am unsure that they are even my MP now anymore... and over 4 weeks now of "in process"... if someone can give me some tips or ideas of what I can do other then the notes.. I emailed my MP a while ago and they did respond and help but now as of recently they don't.. I did email port of Spain for confirmation that they received my additional documents but unsure if that's the email I would use and if it's a good idea? just frustrated sorry everyone for bothering again.

CeCe la Belle

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2013
Doc's Request.
November 6, 2014
File Transfer...
October 25, 2013
Med's Done....
August 2013
Passport Req..
November 6, 2014
CocoVanilla said:
Good morning !!!
Woke up to see "DECISION MADE" on our file!!!

Soooo happy and relieved that Kingston is moving fast and hubby will be home for
Christmas. It's finally sinking in !!
Congrats CocoVanilla!!! :p

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
ballasgirl said:
Hello everyone.. I had sent a post out a little while ago asking about the email that you can use to inquire.. nobody responded... so I was wondering again after many tries to my MP with no response as I am unsure that they are even my MP now anymore... and over 4 weeks now of "in process"... if someone can give me some tips or ideas of what I can do other then the notes.. I emailed my MP a while ago and they did respond and help but now as of recently they don't.. I did email port of Spain for confirmation that they received my additional documents but unsure if that's the email I would use and if it's a good idea? just frustrated sorry everyone for bothering again.
Hi girl, I never seen ur post before. This is the email I used when I thought my file was in PoS and they always respond to me and very quick as well : PSPAN-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

However, I hope your MP could help you good!

Stay positive ! :-*

maty_1319

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
PinkyM said:
Not sure what province you are in (I'm in Ontario), but Insurance is what I do for a living, so thought I would chime in here with some thoughts! Yes, it will be expensive especially if your hubby is like mine - under 25, but there are things that you can do to help. First thing is before hubby leaves, have him go to his insurance there and get a letter of experience indicating that he has been insured there (if he has had his own insurance). Also, have him go to the tax office and get confirmation of when he obtained his drivers license and that he has had no tickets. While I am Insurance Broker and I hate to send people out to the banks.....after all they are our competition, I would suggest that you check out some of the banks insurance rates - they tend to view new immigrants more favourably than the stock companies do.
AMAZING!!!! Thank you so much PinkyM. I am in NS and I get my insurance through a broker so he was explaining to me the situation (I actually had to do some fancy updating on my policy because I got married but was not living with my spouse). Never thought to get those things you said and I will for sure have hubbie go do that. He is an auto engineer and has work lined up here so a car and immediate insurance is necessary. He is older than 25 (fortunately:)) so hopefully that helps a bit too. I will have him check out the bank insurance as well. Thank you so much!!

istheendnear

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
Doc's Request.
19-09-2014
File Transfer...
11-07-2013
Med's Request
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
19-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014
LANDED..........
25-11-2014
MelJam said:
They called! PPR [size=20pt]YAY!!!!!
Yay congrats!!!! they are def on the move with things now!!! so happy for you!!!

CocoVanilla

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07JAN14
AOR Received.
12FEB14 (Sponsorship Approval)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03DEC14
VISA ISSUED...
05DEC14 (passport returned 19DEC14)
LANDED..........
20DEC14
Thanks maty, THOR, MelJam and CeCe. :)

I have been obsessively checking the DHL website but it looks like the passport has not left Kingston yet. Hopefully tomorrow! Hubby will be landing early next week sometime. I'm going to meet him in Toronto and then we will fly home together. The timing couldn't be better as I will start 3 weeks of holidays on Monday!

I was crossing my fingers that our timeline from "in process" to "decision made" would be similar to atclarke's, and it looks like it was! So MelJam it's entirely possible that your hubby will be home for Christmas!!

Go Kingston go!!! (And you too POS!!)

Charlyn42

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-14
Doc's Request.
06-12-14
AOR Received.
05-04-14
File Transfer...
05-04-14
Med's Done....
Dec. 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-01-15
CocoVanilla said:
Thanks maty, THOR, MelJam and CeCe. :)

I have been obsessively checking the DHL website but it looks like the passport has not left Kingston yet. Hopefully tomorrow! Hubby will be landing early next week sometime. I'm going to meet him in Toronto and then we will fly home together. The timing couldn't be better as I will start 3 weeks of holidays on Monday!

I was crossing my fingers that our timeline from "in process" to "decision made" would be similar to atclarke's, and it looks like it was! So MelJam it's entirely possible that your hubby will be home for Christmas!!

Go Kingston go!!! (And you too POS!!)

Great news CocoV, you'll have the best Christmas.
I need some advice I received a mail from Kingston this morning requesting new police certificate for my son and I and also for a FBI clearance for my other son who lives in USA.
The thing is we did a FBI check in March 2014 for him but did not submit it because we were told that since we are not filing for him he dosen't need it. We sent in his medical only. I called the FBI office today and their processing time is 12 - 18 wks. All these documents need to reach King within 60 days of receiving the letter.
What I need to know is....
1. Can i still send in the FBI clearance i have from March?
2. How long is the FBI clearance valid for?
3. How long can you have the FBI report before submitting?

I'm going to visit hubby in canada on dec. 19 and would love to submit these docs. before. Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks guys

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Oh yes he will! I already found a flight for Dec 23 at 4:35 pm ! Hes gonna be on that flight!! ;D Well I hope! I have to wait b4 to book!! On the 22 its gonna be 2 weeks they have the passport in so 99% sure we good! :) The guy at DHL told him that recently it tooks less than 2 weeks according to the other clients! Theres hope!!! :D

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Charlyn42 said:
I need some advice I received a mail from Kingston this morning requesting new police certificate for my son and I and also for a FBI clearance for my other son who lives in USA.
The thing is we did a FBI check in March 2014 for him but did not submit it because we were told that since we are not filing for him he dosen't need it. We sent in his medical only. I called the FBI office today and their processing time is 12 - 18 wks. All these documents need to reach King within 60 days of receiving the letter.

I'm going to visit hubby in canada on dec. 19 and would love to submit these docs. before. Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks guys
OMG I really dont know how it works for the FBI background check....but I know bieraumane is waiting for this also. Inbox him about it...maybe he can help you...

Charlyn42

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-14
Doc's Request.
06-12-14
AOR Received.
05-04-14
File Transfer...
05-04-14
Med's Done....
Dec. 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-01-15
MelJam said:
OMG I really dont know how it works for the FBI background check....but I know bieraumane is waiting for this also. Inbox him about it...maybe he can help you...
Ok Thanks Mel

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
MelJam said:
I am obsessively checking flights all the time especially since I am hoping to go down there to spend 2 or 3 days with his family and him before flying back together. Tomorrow will be one week since PPR and Thursday a week since we sent it to POS and only a few days (Monday) since it arrived in POS. I am really hoping and praying that they are processing in under two weeks! I emailed POS last night to ask basically "any idea and what are chances he will be home for Christmas" they replied with "cannot give out time frames but they work on files as quickly as possible". Arrrgghhh...how is it that someone else on here got a specific date?!?! Cannot recall who it was that posted that though. So once again I patiently wait to see if he will be here for Christmas. Ticked though bc WJ prices went up by $50+ as of yesterday! Returns from MBJ to YYZ were $188 now about $230...booo!!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Charlyn42 said:

Thanks guys
Charlyn I cannot give you an accurate answer but can try to give you a logical one. If it was me and the clock was ticking on the 60 days I would send what I had including the old FBI check with a cover letter explaining that he is not accompanying you, but have an old FBI check which you are providing. A new FBI check is being done however you have been informed that it is taking 12-18 weeks to receive so in the interest of time you are sending what you have and will submit the new one once it is received. Make sure you keep copies of everything too!

PrayerWarrior

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Hey all!!
I'm breaking my silence this evening! ;D
Congrats MelJam and everyone else who has received great news!!
Today was the day! I went and picked up my package that contained my PP with that colourful VISA along with my CoPR and most of the supporting documents that we submitted with our application. It took 19 days from PPR to Passport Delivery for me and the wait was the most brutal I've ever encountered! Nonetheless I am eternally grateful to God!
He is forever faithful and I thank Him for all He has done in my life! :)
So, now I'm off to be with my beautiful wife and baby!

God is so GOOD! :')
Keep holding on to faith ladies and gentlemen, your time is just around the corner!
Speedy processing and happy marriages I wish for all! ;)
Thank you all for your advice (whether direct or indirectly provided) and the love that was shared on this thread! This forum is tremendously helpful and truly is a blessing!
God bless!

CeCe la Belle

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2013
Doc's Request.
November 6, 2014
File Transfer...
October 25, 2013
Med's Done....
August 2013
Passport Req..
November 6, 2014
Peeps the CeCe le Beau has received his visa but unlike most merry folks here he has a strict financial guideline he's following and some ends to tie so he won't be in Canada until march. Bless up JamFam, good luck, I'll keep y'all posted and you do the same. :-*