Apr 2013
Passport Req..
September 26, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 16, 2014
LANDED..........
November 1, 2014
MelJam said:
Me I will be at Sunset Beach Resort and Water Park in Mobay...but I never been there before....let me know your plan and I can add you to the JamFam GT event on Facebook...if u r on Facebook of course. You can add me Melanie Plourde James. :) If anyone else, feel free to add me!
Will be adding you shortly, I have been to the one in Ochi and i didnt love it the rooms were clean but the food was too repetitive but hopefully you will enjoy the Mobay one. I am trying to bookf or moday so that i can attend the get together.

cafelatte02

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2013
Doc's Request.
09/17/2014, birth, marriage cert. and sched. A
AOR Received.
19/04/2013
File Transfer...
03/04/2013
Med's Done....
15/01/2013
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
29/09/2014!!!
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/2014
LANDED..........
PLEASE GOD MAKE HUBBY FLY WITH ME ON OCT19 - AND SO HE DID!
Mrs. Davis said:
Slight update- maybe. Remember hubby got the letter late for police clearance n re medical. Then I got an email to ignore past letter. I was told another one went out last week. Today I received my notes. 37 pages. I need to print them out - right now just reading from my phone. It said medical letter sent July 22nd. Then it said cancelled. Under medical it says good till Jan 14, 2015, So ( I'm no expert with these notes). Maybe after the letter was sent out somebody extended them instead????
Good morning! I'm no expert either but it wouldn't make sense to me to extend the medical if the case was denied... The new letter probably stating that they request police record, maybe additional docs and perhaps passport with a prepaid enveloppe? ;D

Only thing that bugs me is that they did sent you an email, why wouldn't they send you a copy of that letter by email as well to make you relax at last!!! Anyways, we don't have much control in this process. Ask hubby to check the mail daily, you'll both be done with this stressful journey soon with a sweet and happy ending.

Hoping and praying for you. Blessings

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Jamwife said:
Will be adding you shortly, I have been to the one in Ochi and i didnt love it the rooms were clean but the food was too repetitive but hopefully you will enjoy the Mobay one. I am trying to bookf or moday so that i can attend the get together.
I just did add you to the event...well I hope it was you ! lol
Oh ok, well, its gonna be ok, I just want to see my hubby now so It doesnt matter if I eat always the same thing! Theres always a good jerk chicken pon di road anyway ! lolol

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Jamwife said:
I know this is off topic but again I am trying to find a hotel this month. I know there are a few members who will be coming down this month. Can anyone tell what hotel they have stayed at and can recommend or what hotel you will be staying.
All depends on what you are looking for and your price range. My fave hotel on the island is the Iberostar Suites and of course Sandals are alway nice too. I've stayed at Sunset Beach MoBay before and it wasn't bad and very economical. Know a few people that have stayed at Holiday Inn and liked it. If you are in MoBay you will need to go to MVille on Thurs 16th for JamFam meeting :)

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
istheendnear said:
Good morning all!!

Welcome to all the newcomers and congrats to all who have received progress! Mrs.Davis~ special congrats to you, so glad things are working out!!

Update for us is.. flights jumped in price so we booked yesterday to fly out Sunday :eek: sooo nervous! None of our children have been to Jamaica and will be a first time meeting hubbys family in person- besides a couple members that were close enough to visit while they work near to us and a couple that stayed with us for a couple weeks about a month ago!

We are praying the police check is complete here as of Friday so we can carry along with us to Jamaica to save some more time or else tuesday it will have to be mailed to us in Jamaica~ it has to be the original right? someone mentioned about faxing it or something, but i said i am pretty sure it has to be original

We will get straight to police check in Jamaica on Monday and medical all done and passport will have return stamp so good to go! We have given until dec 2nd to be there so hubby can fly home with us!!

As far as being mentioned about not all rainbows when hubby comes to live~ it couldnt be more true. Hardest adjustment of all time, even if it is not right away. It is always going to be hard combining two cultures/two ways of life and doing things. It does get easier! The little arguments over ways of doing things always come up throughout, but hey what doesnt kill us makes us stronger right?! It truly is a two way street and as long as you both have patience and can see things from both points of view everyone is going to pull through because it's also the best time of our lives! A great learning experience!

All the best to everyone, keep praying and keep strong
Good Luck ITEN...it will all work out wonderfully for you. Hopefully KGN will not make you wait too long while you are waiting for the PPR and Visa to be issued.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Mrs. Parkin said:
Good Morning!

Mrs. Davis - that's so wonderful! this is definitely a rollercoaster process.

So! Today is my last day of work...I drive to Moncton at 3 am tomorrow morning to fly out to see my hubby!!!! 10 days of Mr. Parkin and Jamaica? Yes please! This will be my last trip until March - no more vacation :( BUT on the bright side -- maybe I'll be able to bring him home with me by then...it will be 17 mths...please please please POS let me have him home by then!
Woo Hoo...bet this day cannot go quick enough!! Have a safe drive then flight to JA. Sorry to tell you this though, but you are going to have to find a few more vacay days this year bc he WILL be home before the new year (fingers crossed and praying very hard).

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Jamwife said:
A friend of mine was at Sunset Ochi a few months ago and said it was okay but she would never go again. Apparently it is closing down soon bc it is going to be refurbursed and become a MOON PALACE hotel chain.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Twoheartsonelove said:
A friend of mine was at Sunset Ochi a few months ago and said it was okay but she would never go again. Apparently it is closing down soon bc it is going to be refurbursed and become a MOON PALACE hotel chain.
It's already closed...that's the hotel I met my hubby at and we also honeymooned there. We liked it and are sad it's closed...it held a special place in our heart. I will admit it wasn't the best, we've been to better but for the rate i paid for it, it was perfect.

The Moon Palace is going to be AMAZING!!! I can't wait to book there.

yqm_fa

Oct 30, 2012
Hello FamJam

I will be flying in oct 9th spending the weekend at couples Negril
Then we will be at sunset beach also oct 12-18 we have stayed there before a many times and we liked it. We been to many resorts and for the price it's fabulous. Our 2nd wedding anniversary is oct 13th time flies....

Anyone know of a car rental for a good price ?! Oct 9-12 ?

Thank you Meljam for adding me to the timeline. Just figured how to look at it. Haha and still trying to figure out this forum hope I am replying to the correct topic.
Also will try to find out if our app is in POS as the email my husband received few weeks ago stated or in KGN

Someone was saying they are flying out of Moncton ?!? That's where I live :)

Looking forward meeting some of you on the 16th :)))))

Also a big congrats the the people who received fabulous news The last couple of weeks. Nice to finally see some positive movement :)

PrayerWarrior

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
CdnandTrini said:
My husband and I tried 4 times over a 6 year period and even though each time we addressed the issue they refused us for, it did not help us in future applications. As another member already said, it has only happened once or twice on both of our threads and that was because the individual had a lengthy travel history in North America, many savings $$$$ and investments, a letter from their employer, owned property in the Caribbean etc. Just know that if you do try again your application will need to be "over the top" with all of the above factors. It does not make any sense for immigration to refuse TRVs as you are correct, that very few of us would jeopardize our long term goal of being with our beloved; however, CIC is a strange beast and this is a bit of a money grab for them. Refusals do not affect your PR application though, as a matter of fact CIC sees it as a genuine attempt on the part of the couple to be together so do not worry about that (found this out in our GCMS notes). Also, I have not yet seen a case on here - for PR applications where a couple with a child in common has been refused (TRVs yes, PRs, no). If another member has seen that happen with PR apps. please feel free to correct me.

But the bottom line is PW - you and your wife need to do what feels right and if it was my baby I would beg, borrow and plead, to be present either in another country or JA. If that is not possible I believe you can get a SKYPE or other video conference set-up in the hospital if that is where the birth will be. Not quite like being there but at least an option these days with so many folks living and loving globally ;)!!! Oh and was that an intended birthing pun - "when push comes to shove"?? :p!! Blessings
Thank you for the feedback everyone.
Sammystorm19, I was asked to leave Canada, and I obliged.
My one year bar has been expired for some time now.

CdnandTrini, I don't know how I will make my TRV application "over the top" however, I have some very strong currency - faith. If I go this route we'll see what happens. And that "when push comes to shove" comment, wasn't an intentional birthing pun lol - I just noticed that. My hope however is to be there before that happens. I also regularly visit the US, so that's another option for us, though I'm not yet sold on that idea. In Jamaica there's this Chikungunya virus and God knows what else going around down here, so not too fond of her having the baby here either, but we'll see.

All the best ladies and God bless.

lexi

Sep 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
05-15-2013, Voluntary redo 10-02-2014
Interview........
19-11-2014
Passport Req..
19-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
28-11-2014 coming home with me!
PrayerWarrior said:
Thank you for the feedback everyone.
Sammystorm19, I was asked to leave Canada, and I obliged.
My one year bar has been expired for some time now.

CdnandTrini, I don't know how I will make my TRV application "over the top" however, I have some very strong currency - faith. If I go this route we'll see what happens. And that "when push comes to shove" comment, wasn't an intentional birthing pun lol - I just noticed that. My hope however is to be there before that happens. I also regularly visit the US, so that's another option for us, though I'm not yet sold on that idea. In Jamaica there's this Chikungunya virus and God knows what else going around down here, so not too fond of her having the baby here either, but we'll see.

All the best ladies and God bless.
I truly wish you the best and offer my prayers of support. Just wondering if you have thought about having the baby in Cuba? I'm also a bit concerned about her flying so late in the pregnancy. Has she consulted with her doctor.

PrayerWarrior

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
lexi said:
I truly wish you the best and offer my prayers of support. Just wondering if you have thought about having the baby in Cuba? I'm also a bit concerned about her flying so late in the pregnancy. Has she consulted with her doctor.
Thank you.
She's good to fly for a few more weeks.
I've never considered Cuba. Why Cuba?
We were just considering places where we have a lot of support and have been before.
We haven't been to Cuba yet.

lexi

Sep 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
05-15-2013, Voluntary redo 10-02-2014
Interview........
19-11-2014
Passport Req..
19-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
28-11-2014 coming home with me!
PrayerWarrior said:
Thank you.
She's good to fly for a few more weeks.
I've never considered Cuba. Why Cuba?
We were just considering places where we have a lot of support and have been before.
We haven't been to Cuba yet.
I don't think you need a visa to go there and the medical care is good and cheaper than the US.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Quiet day with the JamFam today. Hoping that KGN (and POS) end the week with a bang and send out many more PPRs! Hmm, wasn't it earlier this year that KGN was even making calls on the weekends? Let's hope that they do this again.