+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good afternoon all you beautiful people.
Missing, me personally would wait until I went to JA to deliver all the papers and fee. That way you know its there.
As far as we go and that 60 days. So Aug 15 is 60 days from what they emailed me. I am thinking at that time they review AGAIN and then send a letter requesting redo's and fee Another 60 days added to that lol. hmmm. So maybe years end. Maybe just maybe he will be home for christmas.
Gotta love them. 60 is there favorite number. :p

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
glo - lol @ granny gums...you are far from that! I've seen your pics and you are beautiful! I hope by Aug 15 they have something to say to you...some kind of update, news, request, anything is better than saying it's in process and don't contact us for 60 days. Man, we need to kick them in the butt 60 times to get things going for you!

hey lcw...what kind of adventure did you have today?

I can finally stop stressing about them losing my rprf payment....I got a letter today stating they received it yay!!! :D :D :D the letter is dated Jun 28 which is the same day they transferred the file to KG so that's a relief that the notice went with the file

now we just have to wait for the ARC letter. I told hubby to check the post office tomorrow. It's been a few weeks since the file was transferred so he should receive a letter soon hopefully.

sassy75

Star Member
Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-02-2009
Med's Request
03-12-2009
Med's Done....
15-10-2008
Passport Req..
03-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
19-05-2010
Hi guys,

I know it's been a long time but I still read along and pray that you are all getting thru!!

for the ARC questions, we did buy our own ticket and we also had to pay the $1500 fee. I was told that the fee used to be to cover the flight BUT now it is manditory of all deportee to pay this as removal cost recovery. Basically the same thing that MISSING mp told her.....processing fees due to the deportation. So that being said, it cost $1900 to get him back!!!

missingmybaby said:
THESE ARE WHAT THE LETTER SAID MY HUBBY FAX IT TO ME AT WORK YOU WERE ORDERED DEPORTED FROM CANADA AND CANNOT COME INTO CANADA WITHOUT WRITTEN AUTHORIZATION TO RETURN TO CANADA PURSUANT TO SECTION 52(1) OF THE IMMIGRATION AND REFUGEE PROTECTION ACT.PLEASE PROVIDE US WITH THE STATEMENT SUBSTANTIATING WHY,IN YOUR VIEWS, THE AUTHORIZATION TO RETURN TO CANADA SHOULD BE GRANTED TO YOU.PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR STATEMENT WILL BE SUBMITTED TO THE IMMIGRATION PROGRAMME MANAGER OF THE VISA SECTION WHO WILL HAVE TO BE SATISFIED THAT GRANTING THIS SPECIAL CONSENT IS APPROPRIATE.THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT THE CONSENT WILL BE ISSUED.
THE GOVERNMENT OF CANADA PAID THE COST OF YOUR REMOVAL FROM CANADA YOU ARE REQUIRED TO REIMBURSE THE GOVERNMENT OF CANADA IN THE AMOUNT OF CAD$1500 .ONCE THE ABOVE PAYMENT IS RECIEVED, WE WILL BE IN A POSITION TO CONSIDER AUTHORISATION FOR YOU TO RETURN TO CANADA.
I FAX THESE TO MY MP AND SHE SAID WE HAVE TO PAY FOR THE $1500 BECAUSE THIS IS NOT A PAYMENT FOR THE TICKET THESE ARE ALL THE PAYMENT FOR PROCESSING THE PAPERS WHEN HE GET DEPORTED PLUS THE PROCESSING PAYMENT TO LET HIM COME BACK TO CANADA AS WELL AS A LETTER FROM MY HUSBAND STATING THE REASON WHY THEY SHOULD LET HIM BACK IN THE COUNTRY.I DONT KNOW IF WE NEED TO GET THE ARC AS WELL AND WERE DO I MAKE THESE PAYMENT I WANT TO PAY IT ASAP COZ HUBBY IS DOING HIS MEDICAL NEXT THURSDAY AND HIS POLICE CLEARANCE NEXT TUESDAY...SOMEBODY HELP ME

sassy75

Star Member
Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-02-2009
Med's Request
03-12-2009
Med's Done....
15-10-2008
Passport Req..
03-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
19-05-2010
also, missing, I sent the money to my hubby thru westurn union, then he went to the bank there and bought a Canadian money order. That is what the paper said that he received. The fees must be paid via Canadian money order. ( longdistance also did it this way, homesoons hubby had enough money in the bank there, got a canadian m/o and paid it at the embassy also)

sassy75

Star Member
Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-02-2009
Med's Request
03-12-2009
Med's Done....
15-10-2008
Passport Req..
03-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
19-05-2010
Hi Nae,

I think you are waiting for the AOR letter, not the ARC letter... (hubby was not deported before was he??)

nae-nae said:
glo - lol @ granny gums...you are far from that! I've seen your pics and you are beautiful! I hope by Aug 15 they have something to say to you...some kind of update, news, request, anything is better than saying it's in process and don't contact us for 60 days. Man, we need to kick them in the butt 60 times to get things going for you!

hey lcw...what kind of adventure did you have today?

I can finally stop stressing about them losing my rprf payment....I got a letter today stating they received it yay!!! :D :D :D the letter is dated Jun 28 which is the same day they transferred the file to KG so that's a relief that the notice went with the file

now we just have to wait for the ARC letter. I told hubby to check the post office tomorrow. It's been a few weeks since the file was transferred so he should receive a letter soon hopefully.

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey there Sassy nice to hear from you. :) Thank you for that great info. Cause I will need that soon I hope.
Hubby said that WU will pay it out in CDN when he picks it up. Another thing how will I know if we need a ARC we havent gotten any word on that from the start. Is that something they decide when they are almost done? Appreciate all your replies

sassy75

Star Member
Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-02-2009
Med's Request
03-12-2009
Med's Done....
15-10-2008
Passport Req..
03-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
19-05-2010
Hi Glo,

We knew before he got deported he would need an ARC to return from a lawyer.

If the lawyer didn't tell us that, we would have no clue about it. Kingston neer said anything about it at all and only near the end do they request it. Basically what happens is that they process your file like regular and if they would have approved the file regular, they then forward your file to the program manager who reviews your file and the recommendations of the IO. they then request the ARC fee, deportation recovery costs and whatever re-do's you need to have done.
Longdistance only took about 10 to 12 weeks after this to get the call, homesoon about 6 weeks I think and me 5 months!! lol
so you never can tell but just know once they ask for it, you are at the end.... ;)

Glogirl68 said:
Hey there Sassy nice to hear from you. :) Thank you for that great info. Cause I will need that soon I hope.
Hubby said that WU will pay it out in CDN when he picks it up. Another thing how will I know if we need a ARC we havent gotten any word on that from the start. Is that something they decide when they are almost done? Appreciate all your replies

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Sassy. I know when we spoke with the lawyer prior to filing he said we were fine. No probs, no special papers etc to come back. However I see things in a whole new light as far as that goes. Anything and everything is possiable. Just expect it I am saying to hubby.
Penny pinching and vacation payout, so much for taking 2 weeks off when he comes back. Owell at least he will still be here for good. :D
Well thats it for me tonight fine ppl I am off to bed yup its 11pm and Granny needs to sleep..lol

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
good morning everyone! Happy Friday! :D

sassy - yes you are right, I meant AOR and knew that but I guess reading all the posts about ARC I had that on the brain duhhh! ??? lol

big up glo, rosemel, confused, anxious, missing, HF, Miracle, Sheraig, VW, lcw, jammy, canuck, kimore, kmc, helpme, angella, and whoever else I missed! It's the end of another week...I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Good morning, Good Morning, Good Morning! ;D

Blessed be the name of the Lord! He is worthy to be praised & adored! :D

Be blessed & Stay blessed!! God is on the move!

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Hello, Good Morning(In my Diddy Voice)

TGIF.....and man am I glad. I am sooo tired.

Enjoy the weekend guys and hope next week is better for all of us.

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Good morning forum family. I hope everyone os doing well. Found this on msn.ca this morning.

A Toronto area MP is calling on the federal government to make changes to national immigration laws in order to make it harder for immigrants who enter into marriages of convenience so they can live in Canada.

The most common type of fraud occurs after Canadians sponsor foreign spouses to live with them. After being granted permanent residence, the new arrival lands in Canada and abandons the sponsor.

"It's a big problem here," said Bramalea-Gore-Malton Liberal MP Gurbax Singh Malhi. Malhi estimates that within his riding — home to a large South Asian community — he hears about two or three such cases every month.

"This is very unfortunate ... it's a shame for all the people here," he said at a packed Brampton town hall meeting called to address the issue on Thursday night.

Ashpreet Badwal, a 35-year-old Brampton resident, is a victim of one of these marriages.

Badwal — who uses a wheelchair because of polio — met her future husband, Indian national Manjit Shahi, on an online forum four years ago. After corresponding with him for a year, she flew to India in November 2007 and married him.

Upon her return to Canada, she tried unsuccessfully at first to sponsor Shahi as a Canadian citizen but that bid was rejected. After spending thousands of dollars appealing the decision, Badwal eventually prevailed. Shahi was granted a permanent residence visa on June 26.

Immediate deportation requested

But Badwal said that when Shahi flew to Toronto's Pearson International Airport earlier this month, he called to say he wasn't going to meet her. She hasn't seen him since, she said. Shahi is believed to still be in Canada.

"The day he was supposed to arrive, everybody was in my home — my friends, my family. But everything was just a dream I guess," Badwal said.

She said those looking to enter a "marriage of convenience" in Canada are after nothing more than a "free ticket."

"The law is not hard. It's easy to break in."

Under Canada's current immigration laws, Badwal is legally responsible for Shahi for up to three years, possibly affecting future sponsorships.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada said earlier this year it is concerned some people are taking advantage of the current system through marriages of convenience.

It proposed amendments that would allow immigration officials to refuse visas to applicants if they suspect a marriage of convenience.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada said the amendment could go into effect next year.

Malhi has sent a letter to Immigration Minister Jason Kenney requesting Shahi's deportation "immediately."

"The longer he is permitted to remain in Canada the more powerful legal arguments he will be able to build in order to either remain permanently or, at the very least, considerably delay his removal," the letter says.

Malhi also said he would like Canada to adopt a system similar to the one in place in countries like Australia and England, where the sponsored person isn't given full permanent resident status until he or she has lived with a spouse for three years.

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Ok, enough serious stuff
An old farmer had owned a large farm for several years. He had a large pond in the back forty, had it fixed up nice; picnic tables, horseshoe courts, basketball court, etc. The pond was fixed for swimming when it was built. One evening the old farmer decided to go down to the pond, as he hadn't been there for a while, and look it over. As he neared the pond, he heard voices shouting and laughing with glee. As he came closer he saw it was a bunch of young women skinny-dipping in his pond. He made the women aware of his presence and they all went to the deep end of the pond.

One of the women shouted to him, "We're not coming out until you leave!" The old man replied, "I didn't come down here to watch you ladies swim or make you get out of the pond, I only came to feed my alligators." Old age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill every time!

Maple Syrup

Nov 26, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 1, 2008
AOR Received.
November 14, 2008
File Transfer...
September 15, 2008
Med's Request
March 3, 2010
Med's Done....
July 14, 2008 & April 19, 2010
Interview........
September 28, 2009 & June 11, 2010
Passport Req..
June 7, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 8, 2010
LANDED..........
July 9, 2010
Afternoon everyone!!

What a whirlwind this past week has been!! I feel like I've been watching an episode of 'Country Man Come to Town!! LOL. Hubby must have asked a hundred times how he likes Canada.... to which he always responds: Oh! It's so wonderful, it's clean, it's nice... I love it! I work a lot so we barely see each other but we really enjoy every spare moment we spend with each other.

I called him this morning (JOKINGLY) to see if he didn't pack up his things and run away..... have me come home to an empty house. He nearly choked himself laughing. He said: 'how can people do that to canadians after all the sacrifices they went through to bring their spouse here?' 'They have no conscience!'

Thanks again to everyone for all of the warm wishes. It still feels like a dream but I'm loving it!!

Big up to JAM WIFEY, DIRTY MONEY!!! LOL