Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do & request for more years info on History: March 26, 2014 (they received March 31, 2013)
File Transfer...
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
April 3, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
MAY 5, 2014
LANDED..........
MAY 28, 2014
Twoheartsonelove said:
Hello Janadian and thank you for checking in on us. Always happy to hear the PTKF (post traumatic Kingston forum) landing stories and also how the spouses are adjusting and been up to. Also thanks for letting us know about your PoS friend and her timeline. Do you know which country they were from? I ask bc someone mentioned that the ppl from Guyana seem to get through quicker and wondering if your friend was from Trinidad or another country that applies through PoS.

We are all hopeful that KGN will get their sh!t together and process the older 2013 files and also that those of us that were transferred to PoS get our files looked at sooner!
Yes yes. We are working it out one day at a time. IT SNOWED YESTERDAY!!! My friends hubby is from Trinidad (to answer your question) and he has never left TnT so he was out playing in the wet barely there snow. My husband works in construction so he got sent home early because it was making the ground muddy. Hahaha.

I truly believe that everyones files being sent to POS is supposed to be and meant to be faster and more helpful. GOOD LUCK!!!

PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR!!!!

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
impatientgirl said:
So we watch n see what's gonna happen over there
Yes am November 2013 applicant n mine also got sent to port of Spain
I'm a august applicant and my file at POS as well so hopefully this transfer is for the best

Sh and Sh

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
Doc's Request.
Sept 23/ 2014
File Transfer...
14-08-2013 (AUG 30/13) - Recieved in KGN
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
LANDED..........
24-12-2014
sammystorm19 said:
Well...finally for email confirmation from POS that our file is NOT there but in Kingston still.

Really hope that this means they are in the middle of working on it and they couldn't transfer it.

Same as Sammy- we got an email from pos stating that our file is not there - I also spoke to cic and confirmed it is still in KGn. Fingers crossed and praying!!!!

What does arc mean??

Let's get some PPR going KGn!!!!

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Sh and Sh said:
Same as Sammy- we got an email from pos stating that our file is not there - I also spoke to cic and confirmed it is still in KGn. Fingers crossed and praying!!!!

What does arc mean??

Let's get some PPR going KGn!!!!
Arc means authorization to return to Canada. It's when someone has been here and they were asked to leave by CBSA. So they need to pay 400.00 and write a letting stating why they would like to be allowed back in Canada.

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
Good morning everyone,

I was thinking that maybe the reason my SA was taking so long was because Kingston processing times was so long but then looking into all the other threads since this year there are a handful of ppl in each thread tht has nt received their SA as well.

Im so puzzled as to why this could be. The haven't requested any additional information and yet it jus says application recieved nt even IN PROCESS. Its just there.
:(

dlmo77

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Brampton ON
Category........
Visa Office......
KGTN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 26 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC request Feb 12 2014
AOR Received.
Sept 19 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 26 2012
Med's Request
Sept 21 2013/medical redo/ police redo/ marriage cert/all supporting docs
Med's Done....
July 15 2012/ Sept 21 2013
Interview........
Oct 7 2013
Passport Req..
Feb 17 2015
impatientgirl said:
On the cic website it say when you apply for permanent residence or temporary visa that's when you apply for the arc so your arc should have submited when you apply for sponsorship and make payment for it also and don't wait on them to ask for it cause that only delays your process
You cannot send in funds and your letter for ARC until they request n it from the Jamaican applicant to pay , and only after the sponsorship file is approved. Everything on our file is complete we are waiting on CBSA approval (or forgiveness from our wrong doings when here on work visa previously) and permission to return to Canada.

It is only when not in a sponsorship situation that you could send for ARC to see about returning again on a new visa or work permit.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Roxie-B said:
Good morning everyone,

I was thinking that maybe the reason my SA was taking so long was because Kingston processing times was so long but then looking into all the other threads since this year there are a handful of ppl in each thread tht has nt received their SA as well.

Im so puzzled as to why this could be. The haven't requested any additional information and yet it jus says application recieved nt even IN PROCESS. Its just there.
:(
Roxie by SA you mean your sponsorship approval? Have you tried calling CIC Ottawa to see what the delay is and how long they have posted for approvals?

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
lovindahubby said:
Hey Hun when u order your notes today did you put location Trinidad? Cause it ask where your file is at and I used to put Kingston so do i put Trinidad now?
LDH I used Kingston bc really that is the office that we are applying from and POS is just helping them out. Think that we need to treat it like our file is in KGN bc in the end I am sure that they file will go back to KGN.

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
Twoheartsonelove said:
Roxie by SA you mean your sponsorship approval? Have you tried calling CIC Ottawa to see what the delay is and how long they have posted for approvals?

yes sponsorship approval,....... we called a few times the first time they said they see where it is being processed. And that is alk the information they could give and the name of the lady who was processing it. The secobd time they said they see tht it was received but could nt say anything else. idk ya man...

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Roxie-B said:
yes sponsorship approval,....... we called a few times the first time they said they see where it is being processed. And that is alk the information they could give and the name of the lady who was processing it. The secobd time they said they see tht it was received but could nt say anything else. idk ya man...
Roxy....they are working on applications received on July 17th. You appled before that. Your boyfriend will need to call his MP to find out why he hasn't recevied SA yet. Also....it will come by email to the email address that he gave for himself. He will need to check his junk mail as well. If he didn't provide an email address it will come by postal mail to his address.

CIC won't give you the name of the person working on the file. They are not allowed to do that for security reasons.

Get your boyfriend to call or email his MP today. He can find out who that is by google. Tell them when you applied and that you haven't received Sponsorship Approval yet and you've been waiting since XXX date when you applied.

Let us know what happens

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
Twoheartsonelove said:
LDH I used Kingston bc really that is the office that we are applying from and POS is just helping them out. Think that we need to treat it like our file is in KGN bc in the end I am sure that they file will go back to KGN.
Ok thanks mami. Do we still info to Kingston tho? I would think so right!

lexi

Sep 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
05-15-2013, Voluntary redo 10-02-2014
Interview........
19-11-2014
Passport Req..
19-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
28-11-2014 coming home with me!
I just got off the phone with CIC and was told that our file was transferred to POS on July 22 and received on August 25.
I asked where we should send any supporting documentation and was told POS.
So I really don't know. I guess we will just wait to see where they ask us to submit the police report when they request it.
They can request the updated PR at the same time as passport, right?

impatientgirl

Jun 11, 2014
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/11/2013
AOR Received.
17 sept 2014 from POS
File Transfer...
23/12/2013
Med's Request
29/10/2013
Med's Done....
Redo med request 19/05/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17/6/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued July 6 2015
LANDED..........
DHL pick up package July 28, 2015 landed July 31
dlmo77 said:
You cannot send in funds and your letter for ARC until they request n it from the Jamaican applicant to pay , and only after the sponsorship file is approved. Everything on our file is complete we are waiting on CBSA approval (or forgiveness from our wrong doings when here on work visa previously) and permission to return to Canada.

It is only when not in a sponsorship situation that you could send for ARC to see about returning again on a new visa or work permit.
Ok hon thanks for the info

palara

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
AOR Received.
November 22, 2013
File Transfer...
December 5, 2013
Med's Done....
May 28,2013
lexi said:
I just got off the phone with CIC and was told that our file was transferred to POS on July 22 and received on August 25.
So I really don't know. I guess we will just wait to see where they ask us to submit the police report when they request it.

So it took just over a month for them to recd the files, so just a thought if we sent a new PC to KNG would it take that long for it to reach POS....Thor and MelJam have you recd any infor if ur new PC was rec'd by POS yet

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
palara said:
lexi said:

So it took just over a month for them to recd the files, so just a thought if we sent a new PC to KNG would it take that long for it to reach POS....Thor and MelJam have you recd any infor if ur new PC was rec'd by POS yet
When I emailed POS about the PC that I sent to KGN they said that they will get it from KGN. I also included the DHL signed page and copy of the PC with my email to them.

I guess we will have to wait until one of us with a POS file gets a request to update something to see if they tell us to send it to POS or KGN.