Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Re: PPR!!!!

Zoey80 said:
not sure what happend with my previous post....

ok so our ecas status changed to 'in process' as of June 19th
my husband got an email yesterday - he was asked to redo his medical
then he got a second email few minutes after asking him to send in a new PC, Passport and air waybill so they can return his documents

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!! That is sooo exciting!!!

PinkyM

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
PC 3.8.14
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Kadi27 said:
Hey JamFam,

Happy Friday and don't stop chanting PPR,PPR,PPR :-*

I remember when THOR started chanting and I followed with Faith and my PPR came that same day.

Prayer and faith go hand in hand, dont give up on either. What you consider a denial may just be God's delay for a good reason!

My prayers go up for everyone, especially impatient girl and caffelatte who are finding it particular difficult to hang on right now. But I just want everyone to remember that it is during these times when the Lord wants us to trust him most to show you what he can do.

I also logged on to particularly share with you that I ordered my notes out of curiousity to see what the VO said on my file since I ordered twice before during the process and nothing was there and it revealed what Ninirae's immigration friend had advised which leads to a few personal conclusions

- A file can be processed within 3 mths or less- from my notes I saw where my file was assesed by the first officer with no concerns 3/21/2014 and approved by the VO 4/9/2014. Thats less than a month; afterwhich it shows that they sent out request for the PC and re-medical.

-After receiving additional docs, they say criminality passed after PC shows clean record and no evidence PA resided outside of JA; visa was issued thereafter on 5/30/2014 and PP mailed out a week later. So, possibly security and criminality may take up the processing time if the PA had ever lived outside of their country.

-Notes only reveal what the immigration office wants you to see; as it appears alot of this information was on my file when I previously ordered but was deleted; as these notes clearly now show the dates and it should have showed; so the officers are updating your file but they may not necessarily share certain info with you if they dont want to.

-Finally if you have never travelled before and they have no reason to doubt security eligibility or criminalty record, I believe extended processing times is also due to officers waiting to see if relationships are genuine; or they maybe unable to manage workloads and lag behind more efficient colleagues.

Just my two cents to help us figure out how VOs work.

Enjoy the weekend! ;)
I ordered my notes after hubby landed - just out of curiosity and was actually a bit angered at what I saw! Further to Kadi's assessment that it can take less than 1 month to process a file.....

It took all of 10 days for our file to be processed start to finish (they started reviewing on March 8 & PPR on March 18, he landed March 31) and all of 20 minutes for them to look at it, email for a new police check and determine that our relationship is genuine & approved - the remainder of the time in those 10days was them waiting on us to get and send them the police check & them to correct their mistake about the RPRF!

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14

Zoey80 said:

then he got a second email few minutes after asking him to send in a new PC, Passport and air waybill so they can return his documents

Niiiice! Congrats! What is your timeline!? I cant find you on the spreadsheet ! :)

Zoey80

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013

MelJam said:
Niiiice! Congrats! What is your timeline!? I cant find you on the spreadsheet ! :)
Application Sent: April 2nd, 2013
AOR: May 30th, 2013
Medical redo request: July 17, 2014
PPR: July 17, 2014

Does anyone know if there is still a chance they will ask us for an interview?
Also, on the letter it says we have to send in our documents via DHL. I thought some ppl were going to the embassy to drop them off...were they making an appointment to do that?

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14

Zoey80 said:
Application Sent: April 2nd, 2013
AOR: May 30th, 2013
Medical redo request: July 17, 2014
PPR: July 17, 2014

Does anyone know if there is still a chance they will ask us for an interview?
Also, on the letter it says we have to send in our documents via DHL. I thought some ppl were going to the embassy to drop them off...were they making an appointment to do that?
you can still drop them off at the embassy however you can only do so on certain days and times. I believe Tuesday and Thursdays after 1pm. Someone else might be able to verify that or you can always email them back Also...you can ask to pick it up in Kingston however they may still ask for a DHL slip so they can send it back out to you. IMO you are better off using DHL so you can track it.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
I will update the spreadsheet when I get home. Google Docs won't let me do it here at work

CocoVanilla

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07JAN14
AOR Received.
12FEB14 (Sponsorship Approval)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03DEC14
VISA ISSUED...
05DEC14 (passport returned 19DEC14)
LANDED..........
20DEC14
Yesssssssssss!!!

2 more PPRs since I last posted!!! Huge congrats to MrsG and Zoey80!!

I'm here in Jamaica for 3 weeks with hubby and I'm sending the chant out to KINGSTON:

PPR ! PPR ! PPR ! PPR ! PPR ! PPR ! PPR ! PPR ! PPR ! PPR !

Feels like the momentum is finally growing again and I sense there will be a lot more good news in the coming weeks.

Thanks for the info Kadi and PinkyM. It's astounding to actually see how quick things go once they pick up your file and blow off a year's worth of dust!

It's so nice to see all the support on here and know that I am not alone. I'm still early in the process but my heart goes out to all of u who have been waiting more than a year. Hold on just a bit longer..... ((Hugs))

Zoey80

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013

sammystorm19 said:
you can still drop them off at the embassy however you can only do so on certain days and times. I believe Tuesday and Thursdays after 1pm. Someone else might be able to verify that or you can always email them back Also...you can ask to pick it up in Kingston however they may still ask for a DHL slip so they can send it back out to you. IMO you are better off using DHL so you can track it.
yea thats what i thought but on the letter is says...
'please do not come in person to the high commission to submit the requested documents. entry to the immigration section is by appointment only.'
i really wanted to go in and give it to them in hand so i know they have.
sammy do you think they will still ask for an interview?

Zoey80

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Thanks!!!!!
so Happy ;D ;D

CocoVanilla said:
Yesssssssssss!!!

I'm here in Jamaica for 3 weeks with hubby and I'm sending the chant out to KINGSTON:

Feels like the momentum is finally growing again and I sense there will be a lot more good news in the coming weeks.

Thanks for the info Kadi and PinkyM. It's astounding to actually see how quick things go once they pick up your file and blow off a year's worth of dust!

It's so nice to see all the support on here and know that I am not alone. I'm still early in the process but my heart goes out to all of u who have been waiting more than a year. Hold on just a bit longer..... ((Hugs))

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14

Zoey80 said:
yea thats what i thought but on the letter is says...
'please do not come in person to the high commission to submit the requested documents. entry to the immigration section is by appointment only.'
i really wanted to go in and give it to them in hand so i know they have.
sammy do you think they will still ask for an interview?
no Hun...I don't think that they will ask for an interview. They would have asked for it when and requested you bring your passport to that. You are good

cafelatte02

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2013
Doc's Request.
09/17/2014, birth, marriage cert. and sched. A
AOR Received.
19/04/2013
File Transfer...
03/04/2013
Med's Done....
15/01/2013
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
29/09/2014!!!
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/2014
LANDED..........
PLEASE GOD MAKE HUBBY FLY WITH ME ON OCT19 - AND SO HE DID!
Good Friday everyone!

Congratulation on receiving your PPR Zoey80! Looks like there is hope after all, Kingston is working hard this summer!

Yes I do try to remain positive, do my PPR chant and my thanks and prayers daily. I know it will come for us too eventualy ;D

Mel, you didn't tell us how it went your get together in MoBay with our two girls from the Jam Fam. Must have been great sharing good times and meeting other couple living the same immigration journey in a friendly and happy occasion.

Have a great week-end everyone. We should have a Sunny and sticky one 8)
I don't know how it is for you guys, but it's really burning up here in Montreal.

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God

Zoey80 said:

Awesome news Zoey; a big Congrats to you and the hubs.

I dont think they are accepting drop off at the embassy anymore unless the security is lenient; my husband'd letter also specifically said do not drop off requested documents at the embassy; and another reason why they are not encouraging the drop off is because they require a return envelope to send back your PP and other original docs or pictures.

A big dash of light purple coming your way from Sammy later this evening ;D

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
Have fun Coco!!

You and Canjam are lucky ones ;)

Need some Jamaica in my system now :p

CocoVanilla said:
Yesssssssssss!!!

Zoey80

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013

sammystorm19 said:
no Hun...I don't think that they will ask for an interview. They would have asked for it when and requested you bring your passport to that. You are good
YAY!!!!
This bumby ride is almost over! Our time lines are almost the same so hopefully you will hear something soon :)