+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

Feb 20, 2014
chickie72 said:
Hello and welcome....if you click on the link below my or Kadi's tickers you will see a spreadsheet that has everyones timelines since they have applied. Anyone in dark purple have gotten their passport backs, light purple they are waiting for their passports back and anyone is white.....sadly are still waiting. I will post a link after this with all the information about the notes for the new people. Some people can see progress on their notes, while others don't see anything, it just depends on if your officer is good at updating the GCMS program or not. As for sending additional documentation, that is completely up to you......some people have and others haven't.....i sent additional documents up to about 9 months after my file was in Kingston (twice i sent them my itinerary from my trips down and once I sent them my new passport and license after i changed my last name) Congrats on making it to stage 2....sit back and relax and they are busy working so hopefully you will hear something soon.
Thank you so much, I am going to order the notes. It couldn't hurt.

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
chickie72 said:
Please pick me!!!!! Hi Kadi....how have you been?
Pick Chickie Kingston ;D

Hey Chickie girl; been on my regular MIA missions. When this process gets overwhelming at times; I just lurk and pray harder.

Welcome to all the newbies; all the best on your journey :)

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
Kadi27 said:
Pick Chickie Kingston ;D

Hey Chickie girl; been on my regular MIA missions. When this process gets overwhelming at times; I just lurk and pray harder.

Welcome to all the newbies; all the best on your journey :)

Good morning kadi
I have a question I see that you have"medicals done November 2012" did they extended it or its expired?

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Twoheartsonelove said:
If they do not have OHIP for 3 months does anyone know if others have gotten independent travel insurance for those first three months? Just curious.
Hello from the POS thread to all of the lovely enduring JA ladies. As always, extra prayers for Chickie, Daddy's Girl and Kadi :-*.

To supplement the answers for the OHIP questions for Ontario (I believe in many other provinces there is no waiting period for healthcare), yes people get independent travel insurance for the 1st 3 months that your husband or wife is here. It is better to be safe than sorry. You can get multiple quotes from a website called Kanetix or simply google terms like "health insurance for immigrants and visitors to Canada". I di get health insurance for my husband until his OHIP kicks in and it cost approx. $254.00 for 3 months. You can get varying levels of coverage though so just research a bit and see what works for your situation.

You can actually apply for the OHIP at a Service ON location before the 3 months - you will just not receive it until the 3 months from date of landing is up. You need spouse's passport, a piece of mail that has come to the new ON home address, usually something from the bank and my hubby also used his SIN card as the 3rd document they ask for. You can get the SIN card as soon as you land at a Service Canada centre with the passport and the "confirmation of permanent resident document" (COPR) that is stapled into the passport at the airport when landing. The COPR is the document that is used by the immigrant until the PR card arrives and it is also the document that the folks at the airport complete to send to immigration so they can finish the PR card. My hubby's PR card arrived in the mail exactly 2 months to the day after he landed. He landed Dec. 14, 2013 and got PR card Feb. 14, 2014.

Last but not least, for OHIP to kick in the person needs to be physically present in Ontario for 153 of the first 183 days after landing. In other words, if person gets PR card and needs to travel home for an emergency within the first 6 months, they cannot be gone longer than 30 days or they have to repeat the 3 month waiting period. So they could travel home (once they have PR card) but they need to get back prior to 30 days. If anyone has any other questions let me know or feel free to PM me. Shout out to my girl Nev too :-*!!! Blessings to all.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
CdnandTrini said:
Hello from the POS thread to all of the lovely enduring JA ladies. As always, extra prayers for Chickie, Daddy's Girl and Kadi :-*.

To supplement the answers for the OHIP questions for Ontario (I believe in many other provinces there is no waiting period for healthcare), yes people get independent travel insurance for the 1st 3 months that your husband or wife is here. It is better to be safe than sorry. You can get multiple quotes from a website called Kanetix or simply google terms like "health insurance for immigrants and visitors to Canada". I di get health insurance for my husband until his OHIP kicks in and it cost approx. $254.00 for 3 months. You can get varying levels of coverage though so just research a bit and see what works for your situation.

You can actually apply for the OHIP at a Service ON location before the 3 months - you will just not receive it until the 3 months from date of landing is up. You need spouse's passport, a piece of mail that has come to the new ON home address, usually something from the bank and my hubby also used his SIN card as the 3rd document they ask for. You can get the SIN card as soon as you land at a Service Canada centre with the passport and the "confirmation of permanent resident document" (COPR) that is stapled into the passport at the airport when landing. The COPR is the document that is used by the immigrant until the PR card arrives and it is also the document that the folks at the airport complete to send to immigration so they can finish the PR card. My hubby's PR card arrived in the mail exactly 2 months to the day after he landed. He landed Dec. 14, 2013 and got PR card Feb. 14, 2014.

Last but not least, for OHIP to kick in the person needs to be physically present in Ontario for 153 of the first 183 days after landing. In other words, if person gets PR card and needs to travel home for an emergency within the first 6 months, they cannot be gone longer than 30 days or they have to repeat the 3 month waiting period. So they could travel home (once they have PR card) but they need to get back prior to 30 days. If anyone has any other questions let me know or feel free to PM me. Shout out to my girl Nev too :-*!!! Blessings to all.
WOW thanks CT you are a fountain of information!!! I am still at the beginning of this process so sadly will not need to worry about this for a while yet. Another question which you may know for the future - if you have extended medical coverage at work when did you add your husband? Thanks again.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
GOOD HAPPY FRIDAY MORNING JAMFAM!!! KGN END THIS WEEK OFF WITH A BANG PRETTY PLEASE!!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
GO CANADA GO!!! LOTS OF GOLDS COMING OUR WAY!!

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
C&T; you sweet like sugar :-* Thanks hun!

CdnandTrini said:

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
Twoheartsonelove said:
WOW thanks CT you are a fountain of information!!! I am still at the beginning of this process so sadly will not need to worry about this for a while yet. Another question which you may know for the future - if you have extended medical coverage at work when did you add your husband? Thanks again.
Hi THOR I added my hubby; immediately after we got married

Mrs. Parkin

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN then POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 30, 2014
AOR Received.
December 9, 2013
File Transfer...
October 17, 2013
Med's Request
Extended
Med's Done....
September 3, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 1, 2014
Kadi27 said:
Hi THOR I added my hubby; immediately after we got married
Hi Kadi! How did you add him without a SIN number?

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
Mrs. Parkin said:
SIN was not mandatory for my company. I received his cards and my record showed his info a few days after I changed my plan to add him.

He's just not here to use it :(

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Mrs. Parkin said:
Thanks Kadi. I never thought to add him now, but I will look into it. Is he able to use any of your benefits? I will have to check with my insurance provider at work to see if I can add him. Hmmm!

josephine196901

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2013
Doc's Request.
01-04-2013
File Transfer...
05-05-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
Twoheartsonelove said:
Thanks Kadi. I never thought to add him now, but I will look into it. Is he able to use any of your benefits? I will have to check with my insurance provider at work to see if I can add him. Hmmm!

Hi,

I added my husband to my benefits at work as well. WE deal with Manulife. I tried to claim for medical expenses outside of the country, but they denied it, saying that until he is here, they can not cover him, but as soon as he arrives his extended coverage starts immediately. That being said, since I claimed him on my income tax last year, with a world income of zero, I am allowed to claim his medical expenses, including the immigration medicals and travel for medical reasons on my income tax. Hope that helps@!

JO

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
josephine196901 said:
Hi,

I added my husband to my benefits at work as well. WE deal with Manulife. I tried to claim for medical expenses outside of the country, but they denied it, saying that until he is here, they can not cover him, but as soon as he arrives his extended coverage starts immediately. That being said, since I claimed him on my income tax last year, with a world income of zero, I am allowed to claim his medical expenses, including the immigration medicals and travel for medical reasons on my income tax. Hope that helps @ !

JO
Thanks for the added info Josephine; will look into that if KG ask us to redo medical