Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
lonely_cdnwife said:
Think positive Mrs. Chickie, if not a call today then it must be tomorrow :D

This process can affect the best of us, especially when being in process as long as you and DG have been, bet remember we are all here to support you in anything you need!

Sending you lots of love and positive thoughts today
@Canadian Wifey & Lonelycdnwife....thank you for your best wishes.....much appreciated!

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
mrs.simpleLus said:
Filed: Dec. 24 2012
Approved: march 15th 2013
Medical done: February 12th 2013
Nothing requested from King ;D
I have added you to the spreadsheet.......offically welcoming you to the famjam (sorry not sure if I have done it yet as we have had a few new members :) )

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Mrs. Parkin said:
Hi peeps!

Welcome to our newbies!! we love love stories....if you want to share how/when you met hubby we'd love to hear it! :D

I'm thinking we need to have a story swap day!! Let's make today Throwback Thursday and think back to your first interaction with your spouse (first date, first sight, first kiss whatever!)

One of mine is when I went to JA the first time after we started dating and I was sooo nervous when he picked me up from the airport (he says I was 'trembling'...whatever ::)) and we rented a car when we got in the car, started driving & he put in a mix-CD and the song that came on was "I can love you like that" by All 4 One and he turned it loud and said "ohhh BIG TUNE!!" and started singing all the words and I was instantly comfortable and of course joined him and we laughed and sang all the way home. The End!
awwwww awesome story!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
mrs.simpleLus said:
Hi there! This is an amazing forum I found! Very very insightful!!
I am sponsoring my husband as well. We filed dec.2012. Been a long process as you all know ! Haha.
I am traveling to see him next week! Yaay. We were considering visiting the embassy to gather info. Any suggestions ? If I should evwn hassle them?

And hey congrats on getting a response back from King office. Ive emailed them nuff with no response haha.
Welcome Mrs.S!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
calgariancanuck said:
Good Day Ladies n Gents,
I recently sponsored my wife who resides in Jamaica with my two daughters. Application was submitted in the first week of August 2013. We were contacted because it was short a document that was released July 30th 2013. Angry Anyway, sent the document in as requested. On September 24 2013 the application status has been in ''Decision Made' which i was told was fairly quick. Its been 4 months and no new updates.24th of February makes it 5 months. aside from this being the hardest thing to do in my life. I'm hemorrhaging money, i pay rent here in Canada as well as other expenses in addition in having sent back 18,000 via western union since may 2013 until now. Is there anything i can do to speed up this very slow and non informative process. How long am i looking at because the CIC website has some inaccurate times regarding processing. it says 22 months. yet i don't know a single perrson who has waited this long. any help will be appreciated.

regards,
calgariancanuck
Hello and welcome CalgarianCanuck! The best advise is to try to be patient and realize that it is definitely NOT as fast as it use to be. Hopefully you will be reunited with your wife and daughters quickly.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Mrs. Parkin said:
Hi peeps!

Welcome to our newbies!! we love love stories....if you want to share how/when you met hubby we'd love to hear it! :D

I'm thinking we need to have a story swap day!! Let's make today Throwback Thursday and think back to your first interaction with your spouse (first date, first sight, first kiss whatever!)

One of mine is when I went to JA the first time after we started dating and I was sooo nervous when he picked me up from the airport (he says I was 'trembling'...whatever ::)) and we rented a car when we got in the car, started driving & he put in a mix-CD and the song that came on was "I can love you like that" by All 4 One and he turned it loud and said "ohhh BIG TUNE!!" and started singing all the words and I was instantly comfortable and of course joined him and we laughed and sang all the way home. The End!
Swwwweeetttt ;)

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
January 3rd, 2014 - CPC-M & February 4th 2014 from KGN...POS AOR
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2014...and again in March 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Confirmed as approved on May 1/15, issued May 4, 2015
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
Mrs. Parkin said:
Hi peeps!

My first interaction with my hubby was when I was a weelad! LOL 12 years old...went to JA due to my papa's passing to attend the funeral. My husband and his family was my mama and papa's neighbours so they knew each other pretty well. I used to chill in the garage and every day he would inch closer..and closer..and closer to the garage until we ended up chatting. We ended up spending weeks chatting it up day and night in the garage. Developed a HUGEE crush..and he ended up being my 1st kiss on my last day there :)

lonely_cdnwife

Star Member
Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
05-06-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
Mrs. Parkin said:
Hi peeps!

Thats so sweet Mrs.P, definitely a story for the grandkids :p

The first time I hung out with my husband I was working in Black River for a Canadian Agency and had gotten stir crazy, so one Saturday afternoon I decided to go with another Canadian co-worker to find a bar and start drinking away some time. I had seen Mr. LCW a few times at the gym (talking, never working out) but had never really talked too much at this point. Anyways, i'm getting off topic, i went walking into town and as he drove by he stopped to ask me if I was lost, and I said no, that I was trying to find a decent bar and that he should come have a drink with me and my friend. After a moment of hesitation (I later found out that he was supposed to go home right away and bring water to his family) he agreed, parked the car, and brought us to an amazing little bar on the river. We spent hours together just talking (mostly laughing) but when it was time to leave, he told me to quickly go shopping because he would pick me up later that night for a party!

And the rest is history...

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
CanadianWifey89 said:
My first interaction with my hubby was when I was a weelad! LOL 12 years old...went to JA due to my papa's passing to attend the funeral. My husband and his family was my mama and papa's neighbours so they knew each other pretty well. I used to chill in the garage and every day he would inch closer..and closer..and closer to the garage until we ended up chatting. We ended up spending weeks chatting it up day and night in the garage. Developed a HUGEE crush..and he ended up being my 1st kiss on my last day there :)
Lol yea kissing at 12 lol! This is cute

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
Well my first interaction was when hubby pick me up from the airport.. I'm sitting there waiting outside thinking this guy would never show.. Then someone came up behind and said " yuh kno from when mi stand up a watch yuh" wtf.. After I'm sitting there for more than 15 mins.. I just smile and said well thank god I know jamaica because if you didn't show I would go stay with my sis...off that, hubby brought me home.. First time meeting his mom,(seeing her in person)lol I went in his home and see evertybody stairing at me..lol hubby introduce me put down my things, went to half way tree to buy jerk chicken.. Lol.. And after that.. Was history

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
lovindahubby said:
Lol yea kissing at 12 lol! This is cute
LOL!! Right! My whole family found out about it within dayssss and would chirp me about him lol his name became my nickname within the family for years! lol

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
CanadianWifey89 said:
LOL!! Right! My whole family found out about it within dayssss and would chirp me about him lol his name became my nickname within the family for years! lol
After all.. You guys were bf and gf from 12... Dwl.. I kno those days

frankfield

Sep 5, 2011
I believe this video embodies a lot of what I have discussed thus far.. but goes further to highlight the psychological damage done to Africans as a result of been uprooted from their heritage, culture.. They lost their name and true identity which leaves an emptiness that cannot be filled. It does not matter how rich, or successful there is an inate desire to know who you are and from whence you came? Those who do not want to know is ashamed because they are taught that it is better to be a slave than being associated to Africa (which is often labeled the dark continent). The irony is Europeans went, saw, conquered and continues to benefit from the wealth of these nations. While poverty stricken Africans in the west desperately seek to disassociate themselves from the land of their forefathers.

http://youtu.be/GTT7MMz7KIc

Missmylove

Jan 27, 2014
Hi everyone, think I am long overdue for my story.my story is very simple. I met my husband 9 yes ago at a church summer camp it was not love at first sight but we spoke regularly and became friends. 3 yrs ago ivisited jamaican we spenttime together n realize we were in love and from then we av been inseperable.

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
lovindahubby said:
After all.. You guys were bf and gf from 12... Dwl.. I kno those days
Girl!! Even when I didn't know which part of the WORLD him deh....they still called me his name! LOL
We lost contact for many many years because his family moved & we didn't exchange numbers (cell phones weren't that common back in my day! LOL).
I returned to Jamaica 5+yrs ago..and we reconnected :)..the rest is history!