Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
Congratulations Jamgirl ;D; enjoy your bundle of joy and thanks for the tips ;)

Jamgirl said:
Hey forum!

A few little birdies told me that I need to update the forum :)

For the newbies, my husband landed Feb 2, 2013 after a 15.5 month wait with immigration. We had one child together. During the 15.5 month wait, I never heard one word from KGN. Not one response to my 3 emails, and my notes were almost useless as far as updates went.

But, within 2 weeks after landing, we found out I was pregnant. So here is the announcement of the arrival of our forums first 2013 landing baby! Due date was October 31, 2013.

On oct 22 I started having contractions and went to hospital only to be told I'm 2cm dilated and my contractions were weak. I was instructed to come back only if they got stronger, my water broke, or if I had any problems. On oct 24 I woke up to more consistent contractions and knew that I had a while to go but that I was def in labor. I contracted painlessly all day until they started to take my breath at about 6pm. I headed to the hospital and waited to be examined. At 8 pm the dr. examined me and said I was still a good 2 cm. he realized I didn't want to be in hospital for Halloween so he decided to "speed things up" down there. ( I'm trying not to make the men in our forum uncomfortable lol). After my examination he told me to walk around for 2 hours and not to leave the hospital. During that time my contractions became quite strong but remained painless. I was checked again at 11:30 by a nurse who told me I was now 3cm. She told me I may have to walk around again for another hour but first they wanted to monitor the baby's movements. During the monitoring my contractions got strong enough that I knew I wouldn't be able to walk. I told the nurse and she brought the dr in to check me. At this time it was about 12:45am on Oct 25. Right before he eexamined me, I started leaking water. When he checked me he said I was 4 cm and that he was going to "speed things up" again. When he did my water completely broke. After that the nurses all started making bets that the baby would come at 7 or 8 am. I cut them all short and said he will be here before 3am. The dr laughed at me saying he wasn't so sure. I told him to stay close because when its time he will come fast.

After that my contractions came hard and fast. I was in a lot of pain and couldn't talk or move. I was offered the epidural which I denied. Then, to take the edge off I asked for Demerol. After being told they only offered morphine, and I while laying in the fetal position, I agreed to the morphine. The nurse confirmed and before she could turn to leave I screamed "he's coming he's coming!!!" I still had my underwear on and I was screaming to the nurse to take them off. The nurse panicked and finally the person standing behind me ripped them off just as I delivered him.

Khanai Christopher was born at 2:03 am on Oct 25. He weighed 8lbs 11oz and measured 21.5 inches long.

The doctor missed his delivery and all I could say was a big fat "I told u so!" Lol he made a funny comment about tough Saskatchewan girls lol.

Baby is great and I feel back to normal all ready. Big brothers are lots of help and daddy is proud. I can't post pics from my phone but will try to learn or ask one of the girls to do it for me.

On another note, as much as it sucks to wait for your spouses, take the time now to prepare. I don't ever want to sound negative but in my situation the honeymoon only lasted for so long and then u realize that there are things that you weren't prepared for.many of my forum friends and I keep in touch and to be honest we all have mentioned that nobody prepares you for what happens when your spouse gets here. We all expect heaven on earth, which it is for the first, but reality and life kicks in and things aren't always peachy. I'm just want to be honest with all of you. I recommend reading and listening to frank fields posts about this subject. We all believe "this or that won't happen to us" but it can and does. Anyways please don't hate on me for what I wrote. Just be prepared, and keep practicing patience once they are here because if I could some things up in one sentence, "the battle is not the wait on immigration, it is the preparation."

Sending my thoughts and prayers to all those waiting.

Xxxx

bellaqas

Oct 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
Meds-16-08-2012,ARC-26-06-2013
File Transfer...
06-09-2012
Med's Done....
30-08-2012
Interview........
24-04-2013
Jamgirl said:
Hey forum!

For the newbies, my husband landed Feb 2, 2013 after a 15.5 month wait with immigration. We had one child together. During the 15.5 month wait, I never heard one word from KGN. Not one response to my 3 emails, and my notes were almost useless as far as updates went.

But, within 2 weeks after landing, we found out I was pregnant. So here is the announcement of the arrival of our forums first 2013 landing baby! Due date was October 31, 2013.

On oct 22 I started having contractions and went to hospital only to be told I'm 2cm dilated and my contractions were weak. I was instructed to come back only if they got stronger, my water broke, or if I had any problems. On oct 24 I woke up to more consistent contractions and knew that I had a while to go but that I was def in labor. I contracted painlessly all day until they started to take my breath at about 6pm. I headed to the hospital and waited to be examined. At 8 pm the dr. examined me and said I was still a good 2 cm. he realized I didn't want to be in hospital for Halloween so he decided to "speed things up" down there. ( I'm trying not to make the men in our forum uncomfortable lol). After my examination he told me to walk around for 2 hours and not to leave the hospital. During that time my contractions became quite strong but remained painless. I was checked again at 11:30 by a nurse who told me I was now 3cm. She told me I may have to walk around again for another hour but first they wanted to monitor the baby's movements. During the monitoring my contractions got strong enough that I knew I wouldn't be able to walk. I told the nurse and she brought the dr in to check me. At this time it was about 12:45am on Oct 25. Right before he eexamined me, I started leaking water. When he checked me he said I was 4 cm and that he was going to "speed things up" again. When he did my water completely broke. After that the nurses all started making bets that the baby would come at 7 or 8 am. I cut them all short and said he will be here before 3am. The dr laughed at me saying he wasn't so sure. I told him to stay close because when its time he will come fast.

After that my contractions came hard and fast. I was in a lot of pain and couldn't talk or move. I was offered the epidural which I denied. Then, to take the edge off I asked for Demerol. After being told they only offered morphine, and I while laying in the fetal position, I agreed to the morphine. The nurse confirmed and before she could turn to leave to get it, I screamed "he's coming he's coming!!!" I still had my underwear on and I was screaming to the nurse to take them off. The nurse panicked and finally the person standing behind me ripped them off just as I delivered him with one push.

Khanai Christopher was born at 2:03 am on Oct 25. He weighed 8lbs 11oz and measured 21.5 inches long.

The doctor missed his delivery and all I could say was a big fat "I told u so!" Lol he made a funny comment about tough Saskatchewan girls lol.

Baby is great and I feel back to normal all ready. Big brothers are lots of help and daddy is proud. I can't post pics from my phone but will try to learn or ask one of the girls to do it for me.

On another note, as much as it sucks to wait for your spouses, take the time now to prepare. I don't ever want to sound negative but in my situation the honeymoon only lasted for so long and then u realize that there are things that you weren't prepared for.many of my forum friends and I keep in touch and to be honest we all have mentioned that nobody prepares you for what happens when your spouse gets here. We all expect heaven on earth, which it is for the first, but reality and life kicks in and things aren't always peachy. I'm just want to be honest with all of you. I recommend reading and listening to frank fields posts about this subject. We all believe "this or that won't happen to us" but it can and does. Anyways please don't hate on me for what I wrote. Just be prepared, and keep practicing patience once they are here because if I could some things up in one sentence, "the battle is not the wait on immigration, it is the preparation."

Xxxx
First of all I would like to congratulate you and your hubby on the new baby. Also your post is sooo sweet and real. I luv it. have a good day

DADDYS GIRL

Sep 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2012
Doc's Request.
12-03-2014
AOR Received.
16-05-2012
File Transfer...
29-05-2012
Med's Done....
16-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014 - Rec: 19-05-2014
LANDED..........
23-05-2014
Jamgirl said:
Hey forum!

Xxxx

Congratulations!!!! Welcome home Baby Khanai!!! All the best to Mr & Mrs JamGirl on their little bundle of joy.

Thank you for taking the time to share your story...being busy with a newborn and all.

Your words of advice are noted and stored. Thank you for your candidness and honesty. Many believe it will be a bed of roses and fail to prepare to do the actual upkeep of a rose garden (for those who know it is not easy work).

All the best hon! I think you should try for the girl...lol! Just kidding...enjoy this time with baby cause as you know he will be talking and walking and will be a little man before you know it.

Lots of Blessings!

DG

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
Hey Jo

No status changes and actually I have not checked in more than 2 mths now; but the last I did check it still said Application Received and Medical Received.

Same UCI from Mississauga.

jojrob1 said:
Kadi did you see you status change to medical received yet and did u get a new UCI number from kingston other than the one you got for sponsorship approval?

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Kadi27 said:
Congratulations Jamgirl ;D; enjoy your bundle of joy and thanks for the tips ;)
Thank you Kadi

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
bellaqas said:
First of all I would like to congratulate you and your hubby on the new baby. Also your post is sooo sweet and real. I luv it. have a good day
Thank you bellaqas. Sometimes it's hard to convey a message over type and I just hoped it was received the way I intended. :)

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
DADDYS GIRL said:
Congratulations!!!! Welcome home Baby Khanai!!! All the best to Mr & Mrs JamGirl on their little bundle of joy.

Thank you for taking the time to share your story...being busy with a newborn and all.

Your words of advice are noted and stored. Thank you for your candidness and honesty. Many believe it will be a bed of roses and fail to prepare to do the actual upkeep of a rose garden (for those who know it is not easy work).

All the best hon! I think you should try for the girl...lol! Just kidding...enjoy this time with baby cause as you know he will be talking and walking and will be a little man before you know it.

Lots of Blessings!

DG
Hey DG!!

Thank u for thinking of me!

I was one who thought I was prepared AND thought I prepared my hubby as well. One thing I never took into account was the influence that his other family had and their expectations as well. I love my husband but we have had some challenges that make the immigration wait seem like cake.
Thank you for ur support xxx

Oh and NO MORE BABIES!! 4 is enough! Lol

jojrob1

Aug 15, 2013
Visa Office......
kgn
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2013
Doc's Request.
30-Sept-2014 pc,medical,birth cert.
AOR Received.
Aug 2013
File Transfer...
File received in kgn Sep 24,2013
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
23-10-2014-soooo happy
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2014
LANDED..........
30-1-2015
Jamgirl said:
Hey forum!

After that my contractions came hard and fast. I was in a lot of pain and couldn't talk or move. I was offered the epidural which I denied. Then, to take the edge off I asked for Demerol. After being told they only offered morphine, and I while laying in the fetal position, I agreed to the morphine. The nurse confirmed and before she could turn to leave to get it, I screamed "he's coming he's coming!!!" I still had my underwear on and I was screaming to the nurse to take them off. The nurse panicked and finally the person standing behind me ripped them off just as I delivered him with one push.

On another note, as much as it sucks to wait for your spouses, take the time now to prepare. I don't ever want to sound negative but in my situation the honeymoon only lasted for so long and then u realize that there are things that you weren't prepared for.many of my forum friends and I keep in touch and to be honest we all have mentioned that nobody prepares you for what happens when your spouse gets here. We all expect heaven on earth, which it is for the first, but reality and life kicks in and things aren't always peachy. I'm just want to be honest with all of you. I recommend reading and listening to frank fields posts about this subject. We all believe "this or that won't happen to us" but it can and does. Anyways please don't hate on me for what I wrote. Just be prepared, and keep practicing patience once they are here because if I could sum things up in one sentence, "the battle is not the wait on immigration, it is the preparation. The battle begins when they land. "

Xxxx
Thanks for your honesty jamgirl, i really appreciate this.

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
jojrob1 said:
Thanks for your honesty jamgirl, i really appreciate this.
Your welcome jojrob

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
Jamgirl said:
Hey forum!

On another note, as much as it sucks to wait for your spouses, take the time now to prepare. I don't ever want to sound negative but in my situation the honeymoon only lasted for so long and then u realize that there are things that you weren't prepared for.many of my forum friends and I keep in touch and to be honest we all have mentioned that nobody prepares you for what happens when your spouse gets here. We all expect heaven on earth, which it is for the first, but reality and life kicks in and things aren't always peachy. I'm just want to be honest with all of you. I recommend reading and listening to frank fields posts about this subject. We all believe "this or that won't happen to us" but it can and does. Anyways please don't hate on me for what I wrote. Just be prepared, and keep practicing patience once they are here because if I could sum things up in one sentence, "the battle is not the wait on immigration, it is the preparation. The battle begins when they land. "

Xxxx
Wow! Honesty at it's best! Anyone who hates on you after that is simply wearing rose colored glasses!!!

Congrats on the newest addition and from someone in waiting, I love the truth being told so that I can better prepare! <3

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
So everyone... I emailed Kingston regarding some changes I requested to have made on my file to verify they were received....

THEY RESPONDED!!!! Not 'automated response', an actual response with detailed confirmation of my requests and unformally written.

Kingston is actually alive and well!!!!

I think I near fell off my seat when the email came in today. lol :p

waitingonforever

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
13-05-2013
Passport Req..
in the hands of the visa office from the time of interview/ DM October 20/2013
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
LANDED..........
couldn't be soon enough
Well the hubby went to Kingston today and it wasnt so great news...we were denied...because he married me for money Is what they are saying our marriage is not legit!! So here we go with the appeal process!!!! A fight they are going to have on they're hands!!!! I have no idea why they kept our passport if thats the case!!!
Sorry I couldnt bring good news to the Kingston Family!!! :'(

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
waitingonforever said:
Well the hubby went to Kingston today and it wasnt so great news...we were denied...because he married me for money Is what they are saying our marriage is not legit!! So here we go with the appeal process!!!! A fight they are going to have on they're hands!!!! I have no idea why they kept our passport if thats the case!!!
OH NO WAITING!!!!! That is terrible news! :'( :'( :'( :'(

Keep the faith and you are in my thoughts and prayers! :( :'( :( :'(

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
waitingonforever said:
Nooooooooo!!!! :eek: :'(

I am in complete shock and I feel sick for you.

I don't understand!!!!! You have been together for so many years and they took your hubby's passport after his interview.

I am so incredibly sorry to read this.

(((BIG HUG)))

waitingonforever

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
13-05-2013
Passport Req..
in the hands of the visa office from the time of interview/ DM October 20/2013
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
LANDED..........
couldn't be soon enough
Nevaeha said:
Nooooooooo!!!! :eek: :'(

I am in complete shock and I feel sick for you.

I don't understand!!!!! You have been together for so many years and they took your hubby's passport after his interview.

I am so incredibly sorry to read this.

(((BIG HUG)))
thank you for your concern..I am going to ask a Q that I never thought I would have had to ask...does anyone know how to star the appeal process?