waived
Passport Req..
03DEC14
VISA ISSUED...
05DEC14 (passport returned 19DEC14)
LANDED..........
20DEC14
Good morning everyone!!

Just about to board the plane for Mobay. :)

Thanks everyone for the wedding favour ideas and the well wishes! We went with Canada key chains and maybe Loonie shaped chocolates if I can convince hubby!! Lol

And listen up Kingston.... Next time I log onto the forum I want to see pages and pages of new posts congratulating the early 2012ers on their PPRs. Please and thank you! :)

danielle902

Oct 6, 2011
Barrie Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 21st 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2nd 2012
Med's Request
Nov 9th 2012
Med's Done....
July 24 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec 9 2012
LANDED..........
before xmas? maybe?
chickie72 said:
you know honestly i don't think Kingston even goes by the bring forward date except that when it does come there must be some sort of notification to them that this file is one year old and due to be looked at. As you can see from the spreadsheet, some people have gotten thru way before their one year due date and others haven't. There is no rhyme nor reason how Kingston does things. Here is a prime example:

Chickie72-applied Feb 2012-hubby lived in Canada, two children on the application also-we knew we would be here for a long time as different factors make ours longer
Nevaeha-Applied March 2012-hubby has never left JA, no children. No reason why this hasn't been completed yet.
Anada-Applied June 2012-hubby has never left JA, no children. Application completed in 6 months.
Keke-Applied August 2012-hubby has never left JA, no children. Application completed in 7 months
Also the strike is a factor in what is taking so long right now also but as you can see there are so many inconsistencies coming out of Kingston that we just don't know so I am sorry I can't really answer that except to say that i dont think the BFD means anything much unless it is a BFD on documents they requested. I think it is just basically what they put on everyones application that shows one year from time applied.

I was here this same time last year and not much of anything happened in the summer of 2012 until November 2012 then the PPR's started rolling out so I truly believe that thing will start happening again anytime soon so just keep the faith and hopefully you will be getting a call soon!
Just thought I might have a glimmer of hope.
Hope you get through soon too. It is more than well deserved.

Do you know your immigration officers name by chance?

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
danielle902 said:
Just thought I might have a glimmer of hope.
Hope you get through soon too. It is more than well deserved.

Do you know your immigration officers name by chance?
no from my notes, i used to have someone with the initials AAM now they went to someone with DD initials LOL I am hoping this is the last person my file has to go too!

Have you ordered your notes yet?

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Hey Kingston, are you working today? :eek:

It is so quiet in here for a Monday...which is completely understandable because so many of us are beyond fed up with waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting.....

Hang in there peeps! :D

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Maddants, are you around our brother?

Has Kingston contacted you since your interview?

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
I called this lawyer today and he advises my husband to write an arc letter apologizing nd he would then write another letter. I think this is beyond stupid as the 1 year ban is up in 12 days. He said they haven't asked for the arc that's why I haven't heard anything bs I think. I haven't heard anyone in kingston needing to write a letter before.

What y'all think about this?

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
oneandonly said:
I called this lawyer today and he advises my husband to write an arc letter apologizing nd he would then write another letter. I think this is beyond stupid as the 1 year ban is up in 12 days. He said they haven't asked for the arc that's why I haven't heard anything bs I think. I haven't heard anyone in kingston needing to write a letter before.

I think your lawyer is an idiot.

You can't submit an ARC without it being requested. And yes, a letter would need to be submitted when/if they ask for it.

You are not hearing from KG because they are backlogged and their processing time is 20 months...which I'm sure will be increasing in the next quarterly update because of the strike/summer....

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
I'm not submitting any sort of letter when kingston hasn't asked for any arc. Clearly says on the cic website if 12 months have passed an arc is not needed. I will just continue to wait like anyone else.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
oneandonly said:

hey there, if your ban is up in 12 days then they aren't going to ask you for an ARC ever! So it is useless to write the ARC letter. When hubby got the ARC he didn't need to write a letter, they just told him how and where to pay the $400. (i am not sure if he didn't have to write the letter because we originally submitted letters when we put the application in.) but I don't remember anyone else writing a letter and the only others that have had them are tintin and Kerolsgirl....hopefully tintin comes around and maybe she can advise as to whether she had to write a letter. Kerolsgirl, never came back to the forum and never answered any of my PM's so I am not sure about her. My thinking is like Nev that your lawyer is an idiot LOL

sinestra

Apr 28, 2013
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-10-2013
Med's Request
07-12-2013
Passport Req..
08-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
Has anyone from FSW2013 got MR request?

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
chickie72 said:
hey there, if your ban is up in 12 days then they aren't going to ask you for an ARC ever! So it is useless to write the ARC letter. When hubby got the ARC he didn't need to write a letter, they just told him how and where to pay the $400. (i am not sure if he didn't have to write the letter because we originally submitted letters when we put the application in.) but I don't remember anyone else writing a letter and the only others that have had them are tintin and Kerolsgirl....hopefully tintin comes around and maybe she can advise as to whether she had to write a letter. Kerolsgirl, never came back to the forum and never answered any of my PM's so I am not sure about her. My thinking is like Nev that your lawyer is an idiot LOL
Thanks chickie I know he finds some bs just to say once again continue to wait. Praying for the best that's it.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
oneandonly said:
Thanks chickie I know he finds some bs just to say once again continue to wait. Praying for the best that's it.
that is all that any of us can do! keep the faith and blessings to you and hubby!

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
chickie72 said:
that is all that any of us can do! keep the faith and blessings to you and hubby!
Thanks and blessings to everyone as well. I am feeling for the 2013 folks they are in for a super long wait.

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
Hi everyone,
So...... my husband just got his AIP and OWP here in Canada and his file has been transferred to Kingston as we have to have his sons stuff completed before my husband can "land". His son will also be joining us. Does anyone know if this is really going to be a 20mth process ?? OR........ if because its info required to compete my husbands landing, it goes a little quicker :/ My step son is 16 yrs old now........ I was hoping to have him here for at least his last year of high school to get accustomed to our speech patterns and whatnot before going to college. That strike sure held things up a long time! Im just hoping it wont actually take another 20 mths!!! Any opinions??

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
thatgirl123 said:
Hi everyone,
So...... my husband just got his AIP and OWP here in Canada and his file has been transferred to Kingston as we have to have his sons stuff completed before my husband can "land". His son will also be joining us. Does anyone know if this is really going to be a 20mth process ?? OR........ if because its info required to compete my husbands landing, it goes a little quicker :/ My step son is 16 yrs old now........ I was hoping to have him here for at least his last year of high school to get accustomed to our speech patterns and whatnot before going to college. That strike sure held things up a long time! Im just hoping it wont actually take another 20 mths!!! Any opinions??
Congratulations to you and your husband! :D

I feel your son will be with you soon and that it will not take 20 months based on the reasons you listed above.

Good luck and keep us posted!