15/01/2013
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
29/09/2014!!!
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/2014
LANDED..........
PLEASE GOD MAKE HUBBY FLY WITH ME ON OCT19 - AND SO HE DID!
stacyr320 said:
just wondering whats the spreadsheet...? and can anybody tell me when is a good time to do the medical cuz apparetnly it takes a month for mississauga to get the results.. so should he get it done a month before i send my application in.. and also do they send the results away themselves or give anything to my husband to give me to put in the application?...
Hi Stacyr320, the spreadsheet is a list of some of this forum members immigration application timeline. Since we are not getting much info on the subject, it's really nice to be able to have an idea on the processing time lenght from one case to the other. As you can see, it varies between 4 to 20 months... Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Ai2mGk1woSIZdEFDeGlyYlVCS0x0T3BndGhOeWo3ZXc&pli=1

As for the medical, since it's valid for a year, I suggest that your husband do it as well as the police record when you are almost ready to send your application. The doctor you will choose from the immigration list will send the results directly to CIC in Ottawa, and they will forward it to Kingston afterwards along with the application when you are qualifying as a sponsor.

Hope that helps :)

lonely_cdnwife

Star Member
Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
05-06-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
Hi Fam Jam!!

I got back home a few days ago and have been extremely busy catching up with work and school. Congratulations to Chickie, and I can't wait to hear your landing story soon!

Wishing everyone the best

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
cafelatte02 said:
Does anyone have any knowledge or experience about Jamaican immigration? Thanking you in advance for your help.
My husband and I also looked into this. The process is done through PICA, here are some useful links:

Application form (must be completed and submitted in duplicate) http://www.pica.gov.jm/PICA/media/Application-Forms/Citizenship/Registration-of-Citizenship-of-a-Woman-by-Marriage---Application-Form.pdf?ext=.pdf

The Process:

Procedure

1. The application should be made ( in duplicate) on the Registration Form, R1 which is
obtainable at Jamaica Printing Services, 77 ½ Duke Street, Kingston or From PICA website:
www.pica.gov.jm

2. The Form should be read carefully, then completed and signed in the presence of a Justice
Of the Peace, a Notary Public or someone authorized to administer Oaths.

3. The application must be submitted to the Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency
supported by the following documents.
Documents

(i) Applicant’s Birth Certificate
(ii) Official Marriage Certificate (certified copy issued by the Registrar General).
(iii) Husband’s/Wife’s Official Birth Certificate
(iv) Husband’s/Wife’s Current Passport
(v) Work permit/Exemption certificate
(vi) Verification of income e.g. Pay slips, company financial statements, employment letter.
(vii) Recent Bank Statement
(viii) Two (2) passport-sized photographs certified by a Justice of the Peace, a Notary Public or Commissioner of Oaths.
(ix) A Tax Compliance Certificate ( If resident in Jamaica)
(x) A Police Certificate from country of Residence

4. Compliant applications are processed for approval within 24 months
COST
· Applications submitted locally will attract a non-refundable fee of JMD$15,000.00. Payment for local applications will only be accepted in Jamaican Dollars.

· Fees for the various foreign currencies are accepted but are only applicable to applications submitted through the Jamaican High Commission Consulates/Embassies. The required costs are quoted as follows: USD$260.00; CAD$290.00; GBP£155.00; EUR€222.00
PICA reserves the right to request additional and or updated information during the processing of the application.

cafelatte02

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2013
Doc's Request.
09/17/2014, birth, marriage cert. and sched. A
AOR Received.
19/04/2013
File Transfer...
03/04/2013
Med's Done....
15/01/2013
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
29/09/2014!!!
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/2014
LANDED..........
PLEASE GOD MAKE HUBBY FLY WITH ME ON OCT19 - AND SO HE DID!
CharlieD10 said:
My husband and I also looked into this. The process is done through PICA, here are some useful links:

Application form (must be completed and submitted in duplicate) http://www.pica.gov.jm/PICA/media/Application-Forms/Citizenship/Registration-of-Citizenship-of-a-Woman-by-Marriage---Application-Form.pdf?ext=.pdf

The Process:

Procedure

1. The application should be made ( in duplicate) on the Registration Form, R1 which is
obtainable at Jamaica Printing Services, 77 ½ Duke Street, Kingston or From PICA website:
www.pica.gov.jm

2. The Form should be read carefully, then completed and signed in the presence of a Justice
Of the Peace, a Notary Public or someone authorized to administer Oaths.

3. The application must be submitted to the Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency
supported by the following documents.
Documents

(i) Applicant's Birth Certificate
(ii) Official Marriage Certificate (certified copy issued by the Registrar General).
(iii) Husband's/Wife's Official Birth Certificate
(iv) Husband's/Wife's Current Passport
(v) Work permit/Exemption certificate
(vi) Verification of income e.g. Pay slips, company financial statements, employment letter.
(vii) Recent Bank Statement
(viii) Two (2) passport-sized photographs certified by a Justice of the Peace, a Notary Public or Commissioner of Oaths.
(ix) A Tax Compliance Certificate ( If resident in Jamaica)
(x) A Police Certificate from country of Residence

4. Compliant applications are processed for approval within 24 months
COST
· Applications submitted locally will attract a non-refundable fee of JMD$15,000.00. Payment for local applications will only be accepte ::)d in Jamaican Dollars.

· Fees for the various foreign currencies are accepted but are only applicable to applications submitted through the Jamaican High Commission Consulates/Embassies. The required costs are quoted as follows: USD$260.00; CAD$290.00; GBP£155.00; EUR€222.00
PICA reserves the right to request additional and or updated information during the processing of the application.
Thanks a lot CharlieD10!
To my understanding, you didn't submit your application as of yet.
It seems that most of the documents that they are requiring needs to be the originals. Do they send them back afterwards? Or maybe they do photocopies when you are submitting the application in person at the PICA office, I need my passport to go back home ::) As for the justice of the peace, it shouldn't be a problem, we could ask the same one that certified my husband's photocopies for his canadian immigration application. He lives in my husband's community, or does it needs to be a Canadian commissionner of oaths because I'm Canadian?

As you can see there are few things that I am not sure to understand... The work permit/Exemption certificate and the verification of income for exemple. I travel to JA every four months, but I don't have a work permit. Therefore, I work exclusively in Canada. I am allowed to stay in JA for 3 months maximum as a visitor, that is one of the main reason why we want to apply. What do I need to submit then? Do we have to request some sort of document in that case?

Thanks again! And if you don't have the answers, I'll get the info and will let you know.

Have a good day!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
cafelatte02 said:
Thanks a lot CharlieD10!
To my understanding, you didn't submit your application as of yet.
It seems that most of the documents that they are requiring needs to be the originals. Do they send them back afterwards? Or maybe they do photocopies when you are submitting the application in person at the PICA office, I need my passport to go back home ::) As for the justice of the peace, it shouldn't be a problem, we could ask the same one that certified my husband's photocopies for his canadian immigration application. He lives in my husband's community, or does it needs to be a Canadian commissionner of oaths because I'm Canadian?

As you can see there are few things that I am not sure to understand... The work permit/Exemption certificate and the verification of income for exemple. I travel to JA every four months, but I don't have a work permit. Therefore, I work exclusively in Canada. I am allowed to stay in JA for 3 months maximum as a visitor, that is one of the main reason why we want to apply. What do I need to submit then? Do we have to request some sort of document in that case?

Thanks again! And if you don't have the answers, I'll get the info and will let you know.

Have a good day!
You're welcome. No, we haven't done it yet, either. To answer your questions:

1) You must bring the originals to submit the application, but once they have checked that you have everything and you go inside to pay for the application, copies will be taken and your originals returned to you.

2) The local JP is acceptable, as long as you are also known to him. If you are completing the forms while outside of Jamaica, you can use a Commissioner of Oaths.

3) The work permit or exemption certificate apply only if the foreign spouse is employed in Jamaica and already has those in possession. You do not need to apply for them if you aren't already working there. Wives receive an exemption certificate, this is a one-time process. Husbands must get a work permit, which is renewable every 3 years.

rockstone123

May 1, 2012
Alberta
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
March 23,2012
Passport Req..
Hopefully SOOON!!!
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully SOOON!!!
:D Hey Chickie! I haven't been online for alittle while.. My hubby told me about your progress so I had to see it for myself! I'm soooooo happy for you! Congrats girl!!!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Happy Sunday Jam Fam!!! :D

Good to see you, Charlie! Thanks for stopping by and sharing your knowledge with us!

I hope each of you had a wonderful weekend.

May Kingston shower us with positive news this week!!!!

:D GO KINGSTON GO! :D

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Nevaeha said:
Happy Sunday Jam Fam!!! :D

Good to see you, Charlie! Thanks for stopping by and sharing your knowledge with us!

I hope each of you had a wonderful weekend.

May Kingston shower us with positive news this week!!!!

:D GO KINGSTON GO! :D
Was just thinking how much I have grown to hate weekends. I know that will all change when our hubbies are here lol.

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
fromadistance said:
Was just thinking how much I have grown to hate weekends. I know that will all change when our hubbies are here lol.
Agreed.

HAPPY MONDAY JAM FAM & KINGSTON!!!!

May this week be full of great news and happiness!!!!!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Is there anyone else on the forum who:

1) goes to sleep Sunday night hoping: "maybe this week will be the week"
2) wakes up Monday morning hoping: "maybe this week will be the week"
3) wakes up Monday through Friday hoping: "maybe today will be the day"

?

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Leshatesha said:
Hi Kadi27 I would like to be added to the spread sheet. My wedding date is January 10 and my hopes is to have my application sent 2 weeks after
Welcome!

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Akiikwe said:
Just dropping by to say Hi to everyone. I am still around and it is busy time for me as I can and freeze vegetables for the winter. Been working on tomatoes, I have a lot this year to do. I have been working on it to late at night and have to get it done before they spoil.

Congrads to Chickie on reieving the ARC letter. Things are moving along and coming close to the big day.

Welcome to the newbies!
girlfromja, I hope things get straightened out. Our story also had a lot of mistakes along the way where Kingston messed up.
carm_cnd stalking DHL, hope you have some good news! Also congrats of Ecas changing from "not started" to "In Progess" and I hope your Hubby's headache gets better.
Josephine, Glad to hear you hubbys tumor has been removed, but I know the hardships medical bills are. Praying for the both of you and everyone else on here on this forum.
I am just trying to catch up on the reading here, sounds like there is some movement. I am trying to catch up on the reading here, there is so much since the last time I have been on here. It is 19 months going on 20 months soon since me and Maddants have filed. But chat later everyone, have a good week and praying for more good news!!!!!
Thank you! Did Maddants have his interview yet? If so how did it go? Don't leave us hanging?

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
stacyr320 said:
just wondering whats the spreadsheet...? and can anybody tell me when is a good time to do the medical cuz apparetnly it takes a month for mississauga to get the results.. so should he get it done a month before i send my application in.. and also do they send the results away themselves or give anything to my husband to give me to put in the application?...
Hey there, they will give your hubby a slip of paper that has to go in the application package that you send to Mississauga.

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God