Med's Request
21-12-2009
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Passport Req..
10-02-2010
LANDED..........
18-03-2010
Jam, I see by the status update you figured out my cryptic facbook post this morning. It was a quick blast to save on some calls and emails. Gigured those who know me and the situation would figure it out.

So yes, hubby landed last night, 3 days early.

Will post whole story when a likkle bit more time. Been a whirlwind day and off now for some meet & greet with my family who have not met him yet.

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Mizzy and Peace for the hubbies arrivals. What good weather to arrive in. Have a great weekend all. :)

missingmyhubby

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-04-15
Doc's Request.
2009-09-08
AOR Received.
2009-09-21
File Transfer...
2009-05-04
Med's Request
2010-02-25
Med's Done....
2010-03-04
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
2010-05-20
evening ladies and gentleman......glad to come back and read that some congratrs are in order....

LDK.........CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! i am so excited for you. and for me cause for each of you that get threw clears one more space for the rest a wi. lol

SOSO....congats on the baby making lol....guess we know what you have been up to since hubby arrived lol

Mizzy and Peace...congrats on the safe landing and happy reunion...loved to see this hard time come to an end for each of us.....keeps us all hopeful :)

as for my few days in JA....well it was everything i hoped it would be. both parents got along great and over all understood each other well, there were some tears shed when we left today so i know everyone formed a bond. we had a lot of laughs, opened my parents eyes to a few things and just made the absolute best of the short time we had there. by far my best trip to JA all tho the shrtest, it was the ost meaningful to finally have our families meet. it was really hard for me coming home today because inside i am sooooo hopeful my hubby will be home soon that i dont know when i will be back to see everyone and i have formed some amazing relationships with all my hbbies friends and familly.

any ways enough about me......i am just so happy to see the vybz picked up this week....come on KG keep it up now fi wi

big up to everyone ;D

sassy75

Star Member
Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-02-2009
Med's Request
03-12-2009
Med's Done....
15-10-2008
Passport Req..
03-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
19-05-2010
welcome back missingmyhubby!!!!!! so glad that you had a great time!!!

kmc

Star Member
Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
Doc's Request.
june2010
AOR Received.
may 2010
Med's Done....
nov 2009
browns guesthouse is near is on retreat main road about 10 minutes from blumah palace and it is open lawn withh free run on acres of green grass . some of the units come with kicthens so i can cook.totally different from golden shores and it right off the maind instead of down at the back of a corner like g.s.

i did not get a massage outside .we got a room inside and melted away in the hot water.i notice ther is three options in the hotel .a jacuuzzi bath room were you can adjust the water . a pit pool room where it is mostly hot water and upstairs that is an actual room with a bed and a mini spa.

rosemel

Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2009
AOR Received.
16-11-2009
File Transfer...
28-07-2009
Med's Request
26-10-2010
Med's Done....
28-10-2010
Interview........
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2010
Hello Forum Family.

Just stop by to see what is happening.

Welcome home missing :D Glad you had a great trip.

Mizzy.....what a wonderful surprise for you :D So now your life begins together...so happy for you!!

Peace...too funny about being late meeting hubby....glad he found you :D :D ..nice to read all the reunions. I can't wait.

Well now for my news...yesterday I got called into the "big" office....and told to close the door behind me...so I was all excited, only to sit there and hear that the "big wigs"from Montreal have decided to cut back the office staff...and as of April 9th I am unemployed!!!!! Yup...thanks ....so anyways I will have lots to think about now.....not sure where I will go, but I am determined to stay positive.

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
rosemel

I am soo sorry about that ...WOW .....I cant imagine your thoughts right now...loosing your job and husband is so far from you .....Please keep positive i know you can do it ....I am a friend and you know that so if you need to talk i am here ..k!!

Missing WELCOME back girl i am so happy that things went great...but wow what a short trip ....hubby will soon forward....

Paece and Mizzy congrats on hubby landing ...so happy for you both ..WOW ...uit seems we all are where we wanted to be ....So amazing to see alot of us 2008ers though ....

Have a good weekend all .....

Here is a little song you all should know....Dedicated to all whom are not with there spouse right now and whom are facing hard times....
Smile though your heart is aching;
Smile even though it's breaking.
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by.
If you smile through your fear and sorrow,
Smile and maybe tomorrow,
You'll see the sun come shining through for you.

Light up your face with gladness,
Hide every trace of sadness.
Although a tear may be ever so near,
That's the time you must keep on trying,
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile,
If you just smile.

That's the time you must keep on trying,
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile.

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Welcome back Missing. Gald you had a great time. Love the meet the parents pics.

Aww Rosie Sorry about the Job girl. Please try and stay positive.

Mizzy: Yeah I figured it out when I saw the post. Glad to see that you and the little one are happy having him home. Wish you all the best.

Its the first day of spring l!!!!!!!!!

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Rosey, that is just plain sh-tty. the bright side is you get to claim EI for a little bit and take some good time for you and hubby. Take care a stay positive as Jamy suggests.

missingmyhubby

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-04-15
Doc's Request.
2009-09-08
AOR Received.
2009-09-21
File Transfer...
2009-05-04
Med's Request
2010-02-25
Med's Done....
2010-03-04
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
2010-05-20
Rosie.....so sorry to hear that, it is the worst when you have no idea...but on the bright side sometimes the loss of a job forces us to relook at things and helps give us the push to start some where new and better.

well family....today marks my one year anniversary of hubby being gone....sad day, but makes you realize how quickly time passes :(

rosemel

Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2009
AOR Received.
16-11-2009
File Transfer...
28-07-2009
Med's Request
26-10-2010
Med's Done....
28-10-2010
Interview........
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2010
Hello Everyone.

Thank you so much for your continued support here :D So many things have been going through my mind this weekend. I have been thinking of selling my house and moving now...but my son really wants to finish his high school here...he only has 2 more years...My hubby isn't here yet...I don't want to make these kinds of decisions without him here beside me. I am so confused as to what the best thing would be right now??? I made a call yesterday to my work and I am officially finished now...they terminated my position so I am NOT giving them any more of my time screw that and screw them!!! :mad:

Canuck ....this has also been going through my mind....go on UI....and go see hubby...but I am SO hoping he will be here within the next couple months and I need all my money to pay up so many flippin bills...AHHHHH....Hubby says...don't have a heavy heart, when one door closes another one will open. PLEASE open that door!!!!! I can honestly say I really hate "big business". We are only a #. Oh well better things must be on my horizon.

Anyways....I sure hope we get some more updates this week....my fingers are crossed and turning purple!!!! :D Please Please Please KG bring us some news.

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Welcome back Missing glad your famillies all had a great time and meshed well. Famillies united a good bond is great for a marriage. Had your parents ever been to JA before this? I really think for our extented famillies, parents/sis/bro if they have never been there and only go to a resort and never go anywhere is a sad thing where is the experience. That goes for anyone going what a waste to stay only at the resort.
That reminds me of when we were at Starfish and this woman stood in line telling me about the "natives" as she put it. Hubby is standing behind me I said nothing. She goes on about the living conditions and what not. Telling me I really need to leave the resort to see and get the Jamaican Experience. I almost laughed. I said to her thank you I know all about living the life here my husband is from here and I have spent many nights not sleeping at a resort. Living a simple way and what not. The look on her face was to funny she turned away real fast. lol
Rose sorry about the job maybe a little time off is good. Hey if you can go stay with hunny for abit. :)
Lonely that was a nice peom, way to make me cry. Its ok though I have been down the last couple days so a good cry was needed.

So heading into yet another week Pray for kindness from our friends in KG. That someone gets good news.

Have nice day all God Bless.

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
hey all..

waiting for sunday dinner to finish so i might get cut short by my appetite!

all's well here... we went out to rio neuvo (before boscobel) for a nice beach day and took the baby in the water... he loved it... my camera did not :( debating ordering a new camera online and having someone carry it down to me, or just waiting until we get back... i want to take lots of pics before we leave tho and i'm sure the phone cam won't cut it... hmmmmmm

glad to hear it's warming up.... it'll be nice for those hubbies who have landed already to see that canada isn't THAT bad... and nice for those who will come soon to not be thrown to the ice right away :) (my hubby spent a winter in london and actually made it to work early on the day that london saw the most snow in over 60 years and shut down the transit system... even i was impressed! :) he made it like an hour early b/c he gave himself like 3 hours to make the trip (that normally took 1)... he was mad lol)...

okay a few personals before i go stick my head in to see what i can do to make dinner go FASTER!

rosie... awww :( so sorry about the job... keep your head up, there will be something out there perfect for you and it'll all makes sense! ... i hear you on the bills, but there are some crazy sell off airfares out there now... maybe you can swing a trip to soothe your soul...

mizzy.... still waiting to hear the details how he ended up home early!!?! congrats, you must be over the moon...

missingmyhubby... glad the meet up went well

soso and kmc... you guys are making me want to get out to st thomas.. i've not spent a lot of time out there... went camping with a youth group way up in the hills (by sommerset) and really enjoyed it and always said i'd love to go back.... some of the best people up there that opened up their home to us (i'm a little to stoosh to bathe in a cold river lol).... never have made it bath... (been to milk river bath... but the st thomas one sounds nice too)... i've wanted to find reggae falls for years too.. (man made waterfalls, but looks cool :) )

hey glo, jammy, canuck, lcw, homesoon, sassy and everyone else reading.... hoping for a good week this week... easter's coming up quick, hopefully the easter bunny brings somebody's other half home!!!

sassy75

Star Member
Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-02-2009
Med's Request
03-12-2009
Med's Done....
15-10-2008
Passport Req..
03-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
19-05-2010
Glo,

I understand your post but you should also keep in mind that not everyone's husbands/families live in a place that would be safe for people to stay at when it is not even safe for themselves. It really is fortunate for you that your husband and his family live in the country where you can "experience" the real Jamaican way however not all of us are that lucky. I would never call it a waste though as there are other ways to experience Jamaica other then not sleeping on the resort.

sassy75

Star Member
Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-02-2009
Med's Request
03-12-2009
Med's Done....
15-10-2008
Passport Req..
03-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
19-05-2010
Rosie,

Sorry to hear about your job. that is a good idea to go visit your hubby but please be careful as if you are on EI due to a payoff, you are not permitted to leave the country. If you do and they find out they can cut off your benefits. (just an FYI) So if you decide to go, keep it on the downlow :)