Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
CocoVanilla said:
Hi Everyone!

Ok so I have to admit an addiction to reading this forum is starting already and I'm not even married yet!
I was up reading till 1 am last night (sleep? who needs sleep?) :)
I thought I had read all the posts from page 1, but realized after searching for some things that I missed a big chunk of time somehow. It reads like a really interesting novel and the bonus is that I am learning soooo much about the process. The pain of being separated from spouses is raw and the joy when people get through is overwhelming. I have shed more than a few tears reading people's stories.

We are planning a small wedding for November in either Mobay or Negril. I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for venues? We will have about 20-25 guests, but only 5 or so will be from Canada. Most of the hotels have a minimum room booking requirement so we are trying to find other non-hotel venues. Where do local Jamaicans get married and have their receptions? It's my second wedding and I'm not concerned with putting on a big showy spread. Buffet dinner would be fine. I saw some pictures from Hummingbird Hall and it looks amazing but I received a quote from them and it is way over our budget.

One more question about the marriage certificate... Can the application be sent in with the copy of the certificate that you are given on the day of the ceremony, or is it imperative that you wait until you get the certified copy? As I understand it can take several weeks to get the certified one? I was hoping that the certified copy could just be mailed to Kingston after it is received and be added to the application.

Thanks in advance for any input and here's hoping there is more good news out of Kingston before the end of the week! :D
My husband and I got our marriage certificate in 2 days, so it is possible to get it quickly!

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
tessi68 said:
Hi everyone, I came back from JA (st Ann) visiting my fiancée, had considered marrying during this visit but we want to do this right as its our first marriage for each of us. Our wedding date is set for Dec 31. It was hot and we spent most of the time at home, cooking, movie watching and just puttering about the house..later in the afternoon, we'd head out but managed 2 day trips to Negril and Ochos though. I am anxious to get added to the spreadsheet and hoping that we will file the app before the end of February 2014. Aside from being knee deep in wedding planning, I am also beginning to study and review the sponsorship application (any thing I should watch out for) and gathering the necessary documentation. Hope I can ask this group for assistance when the times comes. As for my wedding, unfortunately not any family members with the exception of my young adult kids will be able to attend. My dad is frail and ill to travel. When I complete the app. I know this is a question and just going to be frank and say no one can afford to attend - wish I had well to do family that could pay my wedding but the reality is not and I am not either.
basically the only advice i can give is keep EVERYTHING.....lol pictures, letters, western union receipts, digicel topups, airline tickets etc.... make sure you take alot of pics of your wedding and pics with your family that does come.....I wrote on the back of all my pictures stating who everyone was and the relationship with them. Also try to get your medical done last because this process is long and the medical is only good for one year!

tessi68

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for the that, piece of info re: the medical, good to know. I am a meeting planner by occupation so the planner in me is getting all ready for wedding and the paper work involved, at the amusement of my huni.

CocoVanilla

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07JAN14
AOR Received.
12FEB14 (Sponsorship Approval)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03DEC14
VISA ISSUED...
05DEC14 (passport returned 19DEC14)
LANDED..........
20DEC14
Thanks Sammystorm19. I will email Seastar for some more information. Looks really nice!

Kmah: good to know it can be done quickly!! Would love to have it in my hand before I fly back to Canada (about a week after the wedding). What is the procedure for getting it? Can you go in person somewhere in Mobay to request it? Did you have to pay extra to get it in 2 days?

canuck0468

Nov 5, 2012
Welcome coco, do stick and stay. We requested our pastor to expedite it and got it back in 2 days as well. We sent a photocopy of our original MC and they requested the Mrs to bring in her original BC and MC her PPR. Good reading, this forum was carried over from an older forum that was dis-continued in 09. it certainly helped me know what I needed to do for wedding records and ensured we got enough quality pics of the ceremony, reception and family. Ensure to include pics of your honeymoon as well. Keep all your receipts for everything
Congrats and best of luck on our ship called "Discovering Patience"

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Reply: Kingston,Jamaica

greengurl said:
My approval date is just a few days before you and CdnandTrini so if you could please cross your fingers for me too!!! I am so happy when I read that Kingston is processing 2012 applicants as that leaves room on their desks for us 2013 applicants!!
Hello greengurl, I fervently PRAY for all of the folks on the Kingston and Port of Spain threads. I actually posted some good news this morning on my thread as I e-mailed the POS office to see if they had actually received our application and believe it or not they e-mailed me back within 48 hours!! Here is the link below if you want to read the details. 2nd post down (page 363). Blessings.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/port-of-spain-office-trinidad-and-tobago-t42874.0.html;msg2422781#msg2422781

kmah

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
CocoVanilla said:
Thanks Sammystorm19. I will email Seastar for some more information. Looks really nice!

Kmah: good to know it can be done quickly!! Would love to have it in my hand before I fly back to Canada (about a week after the wedding). What is the procedure for getting it? Can you go in person somewhere in Mobay to request it? Did you have to pay extra to get it in 2 days?
We got ours sent to us from the registry office in Kingston (our first wedding ceremony was at the registry office in St Ann's Bay, so they made the arrangements for us to have it sent to my husband at work and then he sent it to me by fedex, which only took another 2 days). I would suggest giving the registry office in Kingston a call to see what they can do and how fast they are able to do it. You would likely have to drive to the office in Kingston to pick it up tho. Hope this helps!

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
kmah said:
We got ours sent to us from the registry office in Kingston (our first wedding ceremony was at the registry office in St Ann's Bay, so they made the arrangements for us to have it sent to my husband at work and then he sent it to me by fedex, which only took another 2 days). I would suggest giving the registry office in Kingston a call to see what they can do and how fast they are able to do it. You would likely have to drive to the office in Kingston to pick it up tho. Hope this helps!
The office is actually in Spanish town. You need to go in and request it if going in person. You have the option of having it mailed out or going to pick it up. Either way it is quick to get it

SweetieQ

Star Member
Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
When God is ready for us.
Good early morning Jam/Fam.

I am off to JA today for awhile to try work out some issues face to face with my hubby. For those of you that know of me, my hubby and I have been going through a very rough patch. Some of these things that we are going through I believe that only God can intervene and work them out. Don't be discouraged by my current situation because I have faith that it will be worked out in Gods due time. We just have to keep going one day at a time.
For all the members stay strong and keep supporting each other. This forum is really great, "each one teach one" phrase come to mind.
For all those that have received PPR and is waiting for them to be returned "congratulations", for the rest of us all of our time will come soon. It is just a matter of time.

Keep the faith. I am hoping that there will be lots of great news all around while I am away. God is able to make the impossible possible.

God Bless and have a Great Day.

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
SweetieQ said:
Good early morning Jam/Fam.

I am off to JA today for awhile to try work out some issues face to face with my hubby. For those of you that know of me, my hubby and I have been going through a very rough patch. Some of these things that we are going through I believe that only God can intervene and work them out. Don't be discouraged by my current situation because I have faith that it will be worked out in Gods due time. We just have to keep going one day at a time.
For all the members stay strong and keep supporting each other. This forum is really great, "each one teach one" phrase come to mind.
For all those that have received PPR and is waiting for them to be returned "congratulations", for the rest of us all of our time will come soon. It is just a matter of time.

Keep the faith. I am hoping that there will be lots of great news all around while I am away. God is able to make the impossible possible.

God Bless and have a Great Day.
hey there sis...........safe travel to Jamaica and god will sure let everything work out for you and your hubby....Just keep the faith and i know you and hubby will get thru and issues you both have....Me and wifey will be praying for you and everyone else on this forum...

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
:'(

It always makes me blue when our forum family is so quiet.

I truly hope everyone is just enjoying the weather and not down in the dumps. :-*

SweetieQ, you should be in JA by now and I trust you arrived safely. All the best to you and your hubby during this rough patch in your relationship. God will see you through.

May everyone have a wonderful weekend, including all of the employees at the embassy in Kingston who work so hard on thousands of applications every single year.

Can't wait to see what Kingston has in store for us next week!

saskia

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June. 2012
Doc's Request.
June 2013
Med's Request
Re-do medical June 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
July 1, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 18, 2013
LANDED..........
March 19, 2014
Night guys,

Well one of my friends got a call from embassy today that her visa is ready..she's so happy she can't stop dancing...i am so jealous lol i am hoping i get a call soon though and all the others who r waiting like me...i am so anxious though ;D :D :p

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
saskia said:
Night guys,

Well one of my friends got a call from embassy today that her visa is ready..she's so happy she can't stop dancing...i am so jealous lol i am hoping i get a call soon though and all the others who r waiting like me...i am so anxious though ;D :D :p
That's wonderful news, Saskia, thanks for sharing it with us and congratulations to your friend! Woo Hoo!

When did she apply?

saskia

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June. 2012
Doc's Request.
June 2013
Med's Request
Re-do medical June 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
July 1, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 18, 2013
LANDED..........
March 19, 2014
not sure she didn't give me all d info but they requested her passport in may n its now ready for pick up..

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
saskia said:
not sure she didn't give me all d info but they requested her passport in may n its now ready for pick up..
Wow! I can't believe how long it is taking for Kingston to return passports, it used to take approximately two weeks on average. And it's interesting to read that they called your friend to tell her it was ready, usually they would just send it out via DHL.

All that matters is she is going to get it very soon and I'm sure she's beyond happy!

Good luck getting yours back SOON! :D