Nov 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Landing story
Well my husband is here now and life is great with us. I was so anxious when about him finally coming here. I was having a panic attack thank you Ready_fi_move_on for bring me back to earth after my major melt down. So here is my story
After getting lost twice on my way to the airport I finally arrived. His flight was coming in at terminal 3 but I some how ended up parking at terminal 1 and had to take the shuttle train over (did I mention I have a fear of heights ) so trust me the travel in that above ground train was a horrible 10 minutes felt like an hour. Finally I reached to the arrival waiting area before my legs were stead again I heard someone call out my name turned around to see the most beautiful sight my eyes had ever behold, there standing on Canadian soil was the love of my life in all his manly gloriousness. I ran over to him and jumped in arms. I am telling you we have hugged many times over the past 17 years but this hug felt like the first the last and everything in between. Once we left the airport we went to my moms house for dinner because she wanted to talk to us . so we go to my moms house for her big announcement lol I am so happy for her after 57 years of the single life my mommy is finally getting married. She plans to do it in the fall in jamaica lol I guess this forum will have another member soon if she decides to join.

I just wanted to thank all of you for your kind words and support through this process. I am so happy to have joined this forum. I will be around for awhile still as my sponsorship journey is not over because I still have to go through the process for my kids (love saying those words “my kids”)

God bless you all and I hope that all who are waiting will here something soon and be as happy as I am right now

congrats sammy on the birth of your little one

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
Your welcome girl anytime congrats on your hubby's landing and your moms engagement things seem to be falling into place for you quite well maybe you can share some of your luck but a lotto ticket girl cause you are on fire

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
yolo1980 said:
Landing story
Well my husband is here now and life is great with us. I was so anxious when about him finally coming here. I was having a panic attack thank you Ready_fi_move_on for bring me back to earth after my major melt down. So here is my story
After getting lost twice on my way to the airport I finally arrived. His flight was coming in at terminal 3 but I some how ended up parking at terminal 1 and had to take the shuttle train over (did I mention I have a fear of heights ) so trust me the travel in that above ground train was a horrible 10 minutes felt like an hour. Finally I reached to the arrival waiting area before my legs were stead again I heard someone call out my name turned around to see the most beautiful sight my eyes had ever behold, there standing on Canadian soil was the love of my life in all his manly gloriousness. I ran over to him and jumped in arms. I am telling you we have hugged many times over the past 17 years but this hug felt like the first the last and everything in between. Once we left the airport we went to my moms house for dinner because she wanted to talk to us . so we go to my moms house for her big announcement lol I am so happy for her after 57 years of the single life my mommy is finally getting married. She plans to do it in the fall in jamaica lol I guess this forum will have another member soon if she decides to join.

I just wanted to thank all of you for your kind words and support through this process. I am so happy to have joined this forum. I will be around for awhile still as my sponsorship journey is not over because I still have to go through the process for my kids (love saying those words “my kids”)

God bless you all and I hope that all who are waiting will here something soon and be as happy as I am right now

Awesome Yolo; Congrats and all the best with the ''your childrens " application. God will definitely be blessing this too!

yolo1980

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
ready_fi_move_on said:
Your welcome girl anytime congrats on your hubby's landing and your moms engagement things seem to be falling into place for you quite well maybe you can share some of your luck but a lotto ticket girl cause you are on fire
Kadi27 said:
Awesome Yolo; Congrats and all the best with the ''your childrens " application. God will definitely be blessing this too!
thank you both for your kind words

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
Mar-19-13, received Mar-20-13
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
HELLO JAMFAM! Just popping in to say a hello to eveyone, Nev, Chickie, OneandOnly, all my lovely brothers and sisters. Hit me up and let me know how things are going with you all. You're all still in my prayers and I'm sending lots of love your way. Come on Kingston, your time is up now, send these people their spouses.

All is well with the King family, hubby landed a great job with GO Transit/MetroLinx and we're undergoing major renovations at home. I feel like we waited so long to do all the things we're doing now and we're wasting no time making up for lost time. We're so happy!!!! We're taking our first vacation from Canada together next month. It was all worth the wait, and it will be for all you still waiting too, just wait and see.

Take care eveyone, and one love! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
yolo1980 said:
Landing story

congrats on your landing story......happy for you and your hubby......your mom engagement came at the right time when your hubby landed in canada.....im happy for her aswel....things are sure moving in the right directions for you and your family sis

carm_cnd

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-28-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2012
File Transfer...
03-11-2012
Med's Request
01-28-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2012
Interview........
passed no interview needed
Passport Req..
28-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
firstladyking said:
HELLO JAMFAM! Just popping in to say a hello to eveyone, Nev, Chickie, OneandOnly, all my lovely brothers and sisters. Hit me up and let me know how things are going with you all. You're all still in my prayers and I'm sending lots of love your way. Come on Kingston, your time is up now, send these people their spouses.

All is well with the King family, hubby landed a great job with GO Transit/MetroLinx and we're undergoing major renovations at home. I feel like we waited so long to do all the things we're doing now and we're wasting no time making up for lost time. We're so happy!!!! We're taking our first vacation from Canada together next month. It was all worth the wait, and it will be for all you still waiting too, just wait and see.

Take care eveyone, and one love! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Sounds like life together has finally started for you both :) I was just wondering for your travel next month if he had to apply for a visa to enter the country and if so how long did it take?
thanks

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
Mar-19-13, received Mar-20-13
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
carm_cnd said:
Sounds like life together has finally started for you both :) I was just wondering for your travel next month if he had to apply for a visa to enter the country and if so how long did it take?
thanks
No visas, he's a permanent resident now so anywhere you can travel as a Canadian he can do without the need for visas.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
I know a girl up here that came up as a permanent resident and she wanted to go to the states and they would not let her in without a visa....when she went and applied for the visa they denied her saying she had not been a permanent resident long enough to ask for a visa yet????

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
yolo1980 said:
Landing story

What an awesome landing story...thank you for coming up for air long enough to give it to us......we all cry and swoon for the landing stories......it is so awesome to hear someones story......congrats again and congrats to your mamma too!

carm_cnd

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-28-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2012
File Transfer...
03-11-2012
Med's Request
01-28-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
firstladyking said:
No visas, he's a permanent resident now so anywhere you can travel as a Canadian he can do without the need for visas.
really even into the states? cause I was told they need a visiting visa but it would be good for a few years? THis was a jamaican who has been living in Canada for years she told me my husband would have to get one

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
firstladyking said:
You may want to double check on that :(
My understanding is doesn't matter if they are a PR of Canada... it depends on their country of nationality.
So if he is from a non-visa exempt country he would have to apply for a visa.

carm_cnd

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-28-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2012
File Transfer...
03-11-2012
Med's Request
01-28-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
cdnmom said:
You may want to double check on that :(
My understanding is doesn't matter if they are a PR of Canada... it depends on their country of nationality.
So if he is from a non-visa exempt country he would have to apply for a visa.
Yea I am pretty sure that if he became a citizen then he would travel like a canadian then but not with a PR

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
carm_cnd said:
Yea I am pretty sure that if he became a citizen then he would travel like a canadian then but not with a PR
From my research that is correct... it depends on the passport you are using to travel.

DADDYS GIRL

Sep 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2012
Doc's Request.
12-03-2014
AOR Received.
16-05-2012
File Transfer...
29-05-2012
Med's Done....
16-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014 - Rec: 19-05-2014
LANDED..........
23-05-2014
Good afternoon,

I found this:

Using Canadian PR card as a proof of status and for visa-free travel[edit]

In Canada

A PR Card is the most convenient way of proving status to authorities within Canada (e.g. provincial governments, employers, schools). Most permanent residents have other documentation (such as original landing papers) which is also acceptable.
Outside Canada

Foreign government authorities may require the production of a PR Card in some circumstances:

Canadian permanent residents require a PR Card, unless the person's passport in itself is sufficient for exemption.

A Canadian PR Card holder, in general may travel visa-free to the following countries: Aruba, the Bahamas, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica,the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, South Korea and the Turks & Caicos Islands.

A PR Card is the easiest way for any Canadian permanent resident applying to any foreign government for a tourist visa to prove his or her status in Canada. Provided, that the individual fulfills certain conditions, it is usually easier for a Canadian PR card holder to get a tourist visa to most countries, where the individual's original passport/country of citizenship may not provide direct visa free entry and/or may require strict visa entry criteria to a designated country.