07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
carm_cnd said:
yea tell me about it!!! thank god for credit cards. I spend 1800 in a week and alsmot another 1800 on my plane ticket. We didnt rent a car this time just for the first day I came in and the 2 before I left. Other then that we taxi from St. Mary to Ochi. ALso taxi to Kingston so I can see grandma. If I stay in St. Mary its cheaper for me no shopping, local food and hotel is cheaper too.
The first time I went down, we travelled all over and it broke me! This time i am not staying as long so it shouldn't be so bad. I just wanna stay in the house and do nothing! :)

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
tamarindball said:
Wow. That's a long time. I know you will get to see him soon. I trust the 17th will be a reality. Will remember you in my prayers.Keep strong and keep the faith. Absence makes the heart grows even fonder!!!
Well if God says its meant to be then my income tax will go into my account lol thank you for the prayers hun!

tintin79

Jan 28, 2011
Scarborough, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2011
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
10-01-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2011
Interview........
genuineness determined no need for interview
Passport Req..
05-02-2013 and they're still holding on to it as ARC is still in process from Dec 12 2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
27-06-2013
Jamaica is very expensive, if you know ahead of time that you're gonna go, best to send down a barrel. Food is just too dare over there. That's what I did the last time I went for 3 months. After I had my son, before I left to go I sent like 3 barrels with food. We were lucky to have a car but I will elimiate the fun and driving up and down just to be with my hubby.

carm_cnd

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-28-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2012
File Transfer...
03-11-2012
Med's Request
01-28-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2012
Interview........
passed no interview needed
Passport Req..
28-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
chickie72 said:
The first time I went down, we travelled all over and it broke me! This time i am not staying as long so it shouldn't be so bad. I just wanna stay in the house and do nothing! :)
well not nothing ;) lol we all know what will be keeping u busy haha

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
chickie72 said:
I hear ya! I can't even afford to send hubby so much......my hubby lives off the land mostly, breadfruit, mango, and alot of turkey neck and chicken back lol
I'm sorry to hear that chickie it soon will get better for u both. My husband lives off rice, sardines, bully beef sometimes fish and chicken. Fruits well that's of free like mangos. It's hard but we will all get through this. Does hubby have cable? I pay 70.00 for that but hubby needs it.

co16062012

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
AOR Received.
20-10-2012
File Transfer...
22-10-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
tintin79 said:
why did they have the passport for so long. was it an ARC or a complicated case?
i have no idea why they had her passport so long they didn't even give her a reason either.

Akiikwe

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Hubby...Decemebr 9, 2011 & expired. med redone and handed in at interview on Sept. 17/13
Interview........
September 17, 2013
Passport Req..
waiting
TruLuvKiss said:
Hello Everyone...I hope I am posting this correctly because to be honest I have no Idea how to start a post.

So I called CIC today to ask them what the heck is going on with my husbands file-knowing very well what the were going to say. The guy I spoke to said that my husband should have received some kind of communication from KGN by know...OK then he went on to further tell me that my husbands file is still in process and that no communication from KGN is a good thing and if they needed any additional info they will contact me...tell me something I don't already know....I get the feeling that theses people have no idea what they are doing...just throwing this out there..if they don't have access to files once it leaves Canada how on earth is he telling me that the file is in process...I am so confused..I have never been more stressed and depressed in my life....I just wish they would keep the ECAS updated so we can all not have to bother them. I know that I am ranting but I have noone to talk to about this. My best friend has called it quits with Canada and moved back to Jamaica and I'm starting to wonder if I should do the same I just refuse to let the CIC take my money.
Hello this is the same reply I got from CIC office when I phoned them last month, it is discouraging. I also spoke to a guy, he said this same thing to me. But don't worry, it is stressful. My husband had received e-mail prior to this that he was in queue for interview. Sometimes frustration takes hold, but I believe they are doing something even though we think they are not doing anything. Keep your faith. It has been quiet here lately, but we will here some good news soon! Take care!

Akiikwe

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Hubby...Decemebr 9, 2011 & expired. med redone and handed in at interview on Sept. 17/13
Interview........
September 17, 2013
Passport Req..
waiting
danielle902 said:
ANGRY EMAIL ALERT !!!

got this email from Kingston today.
Surprising enough... i just laughed.. nothing else to do.

Dear Madam

This is further to your email. We have responded to your recent enquiry 27 March 2013.

Please be advised that the status of this application has not changed since our last reply to you. Our office cannot provide you with an update of your case status by email on a regular basis, but rest assured we will contact you when your file has reached the next processing stage.

In order to serve all clients better, we will be unable to answer further correspondence at this time.

Regards
Immigration Section,
3 West King's House Road, P O Box 1500
Kingston 10, Jamaica
Tel:(876) 926-1500
Fax:(876) 733-3480
Immigration Information Tel: (876) 733-3393
E-mail : kingston.immigration @ international.gc.ca
Website: www.canadainternational.gc.ca/jamaica or www.cic.gc.ca
This is generic e-mail, same thing that was sent to my hubby last week. The must be sending this to everyone who writes more than once to them. But answers would be appreciated. But I think they are preparing to give someone a call soon! Hear our prayers Kingston! ;D

Akiikwe

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
September 17, 2013
Passport Req..
waiting
chickie72 said:
Good morning everyone! What beautiful weather finally....is that why everyone is hiding? No update on me, just waiting for my notes to come back to see wah gwan with our file! :) Really hoping they call soon and ask us for something, anything, i just wanna hear something! It was my hubby's birthday yesterday and i felt so bad cause I couldn't be there to share it with him.....that makes both our birthdays, Christmas, Valentine's, Easter, and our first anniversary that we didn't get to spend with each other, how depressing :(
Going to go to the states this weekend and try to get some shopping done.......I need to start picking up clothes for the kids when they come and i have nooooo idea what the hip thing is now adays and they are 11 and 16 so they need to be hip LOL any help in that department, i would appreciate! Well gotta get to work, ya'll have a good day and will try to pop in throughout the day!
Hello, Chickie, I am loving the weather, I am out of the house more now since the snow has gone LOL! I haven't had a chance to get the pictures of my beadwork posted yet, but I haven't forgotten you! I will try to get to that soon. I know how you feel missing Hubby's birthday. On Maddants last birthday, i was undergoing emergency surgery. Maddants was surely in distress. also I I wish my hubby could have been with me on my birthday last March. But one thing, one of these days, we will not miss no more birthdays, anniversaries. family gatherings, etc. It is springtime, a time for new hopes and a time for new beginnings! Hear us Kingston! There is a lot of lonely people without their mates, do what you can to bring these people together! :D :D :D :D :D

co16062012

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
AOR Received.
20-10-2012
File Transfer...
22-10-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
i was just reading this last set of post of what the husband have to do and how much you people are spend when your in Jamaica and you all really need some hook up.
Firstly someone said food in Jamaica is expensive that's not true, you just have to know where to buy the food. sending a barrel with food stuff doesn't always works out cheaper by the time you buy the stuff, ship the barrel then clear it in Jamaica its everything in that barrel you just bought all over.
When you get here staying here you doesn't have to stay in the high end places, just by going on the internet you can find lovely places for little money. (http://www.hotelscombined.com/Place/Negril_1.htm) also when your booking a place or going anywhere make sure to ask for the jamaican rates as in let the person who lives on the island make the bookings its normally 10-20% less.

Doing things can always be outside the box, you don't have do the norm and the norm is always more expensive, ask around, the think i find and its very bad to say is that most Jamaicans doesn't have clue about this lovely island, they just stick to the norm and get lost in the system like everyone else, its fourteen parishes with lots to offer.

Here an eg. 3 adults, 3kids stayed in a 2 bedroom villa for 6 days 5 nights 600cad\us the place came with a full kitchen so all they had to do was buy food to cook, it was beach front property so they didn't miss nothing.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
I find groceries are pretty much the same price as Canada besides cranberry juice nearly 5.00 for ocean spray. I shopped at mega mart in kingston, bought fresh fish from the sea. Also went to country up in the hills to get fresh fruits and vegetables. I ate out at Burger King once, KFC once and bought patty a few times. We mostly cooked. As far as spending I only bought keychains. I found most of the money went to gas as we toured the island for a week. Hotel thank goodness we don't need one. I stayed only 1 night in Gloriana in Montego Bay for 45.00. The barrel is not worth it agree after u pay for the barrel, buy the stuff, the lock, shipment and to clear it doesn't make sense. Rent is a 100.00 cdn, cable 70.00, water 30.00 hydro 60.00 and gas 30.00. It's different if your husband or wife hasn't left the island and has a job to help out. For chickie and I are spouses have left the island it's not easy for them to find work. Also I don't find it safe for my husband to work nor it's not worth it I rather him stay home and be safe.

co16062012 said:
i was just reading this last set of post of what the husband have to do and how much you people are spend when your in Jamaica and you all really need some hook up.
Firstly someone said food in Jamaica is expensive that's not true, you just have to know where to buy the food. sending a barrel with food stuff doesn't always works out cheaper by the time you buy the stuff, ship the barrel then clear it in Jamaica its everything in that barrel you just bought all over.
When you get here staying here you doesn't have to stay in the high end places, just by going on the internet you can find lovely places for little money. (http://www.hotelscombined.com/Place/Negril_1.htm) also when your booking a place or going anywhere make sure to ask for the jamaican rates as in let the person who lives on the island make the bookings its normally 10-20% less.

Doing things can always be outside the box, you don't have do the norm and the norm is always more expensive, ask around, the think i find and its very bad to say is that most Jamaicans doesn't have clue about this lovely island, they just stick to the norm and get lost in the system like everyone else, its fourteen parishes with lots to offer.

Here an eg. 3 adults, 3kids stayed in a 2 bedroom villa for 6 days 5 nights 600cad\us the place came with a full kitchen so all they had to do was buy food to cook, it was beach front property so they didn't miss nothing.

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
I totally agree with you. You just have to know how to flex when you're in Ja. and you're right that Jamaicans get caught up with the norm as when my husband came to Ja. he found new ways of doing things and was very innovative which saved us a lot of money. We also stayed at a villa in Ocho Rios for a few days even though we were living in Kingston at the time but didn't have to spend a lot of money as it also came with a full kitchen etc so we just brought our own food to prepare otherwise it would have been much more costly.

co16062012 said:

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Hello Everyone, sorry i have not been online for a while. i have so much to catch up on. I just want to say welcome to all the newbies and everyone that have heard some good news........im just here thinking about when i will get my news also but i know that God have a plan for me and everyone else that going thru this immigration process.We just have to have faith in the lord and dont loose focus on the prize. I know i cant be away from my wife forever and that is what keep me going.. i know soon i will hear something from Kingston......Come on Kingston, i know that you have alot of people to deal with some just let everyone get some news from you...Kingston keep up the good work you been doing over the years because i know that you all are all stress out just like us that is waiting for some answers.....God is working on your side aswel Kingston......I dont care what ppl say about you visa officers, you are doing a wonderful job.. We all know that is stressful but just keep up the good work. We hear on this site is praying for you Kingston to do a very good job also......i know i been bashing you a bit but God just told me that you all have feelings just like me and i sure would not want anyone to do that to me at all.....so i just wanna say im very sorry for the bashing of you that work in the kingston office..... May God bless you Kingston

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
co16062012 said:

i sure agree with you 100% on what you are saying....the thing is about foreignor coming to Jamaica is that they dont get them self educated before the come here to Jamaica at all....im not saying that is all of them but most of them dont. The ones that have spouse out here like everyone on this forum....There spouse should let them know ahead of times what going on here in Jamaica so the ones that is traveling down to the island should have a heads up on what to expect. Im not saying that a person would know everything but to just try and know the basic things....To all that lives in Canada traveling down and waiting for the long process. make sure you tell hubby/wifey that we are not going to do alot of traveling at all. tell them you trying to save money also. you can go four a few days but try to stay home most of the time and just relax with your other half....when your spouse reach Canada and you both traveling together then you can have fun. why i say this is because both of the spouses would be working and can save up the money for your vacation and dont have to worry about what you going to do when you get there....When my wife come to Jamaica, I try to make sure that she dont spend what she dont have too.. when she come here what i do is take the money from here and i do the spending and because they have some ppl out here in Jamaica that know when you a foriegnor and they will want to over charged you for things. but since im the Jamaica they cant go around me at all. when my wife come to Jamaica as well i make sure that we dont go no where close to any tourism area because it very expensive there.......I know that because i use to do security work in a hotel in negril some years ago....The main thing for anyone traveling to Jamaica is just tell your partner that you just come to relax and i bet you will sure save money........My wife never spend over 500cad since she been coming to jamaica and i take here to alot of place but i sure tell her that baby when you come here you should just stay home and relax. the reason been is that we dont have the moeny to be going up and down like that because of the immigration sponsorship....so we have to try and save what we can........im not trying to bash anyone still but take my foolish advice on anyone coming to Jamaica......I hope this can help someone save a dollar :) :) :) :).........