Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Mizzy

As far as i was told our meds are there and inputed as valid till Decemeber 2010 soo from what i can see it did not take to long ...For them to Update I think once you turn in your Police check that is when they do there own..Not to sure of there proceedure or how long it takes....So definalty this will be a good expirince to share with everyone whom may face similar situations later.

LOL @ Febuary 14th i was hoping it was sooner...but i dunno i just have to be patient....I just hope this week coming has some good news ;D

Alright everyone Have a good day

Helpmeplease

Star Member
Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've been thinking about my quick processing time and was wondering if maybe the reason it went so quick is because I am in NB and there are not too many immigrants here? I read about 7-8 months ago in the paper that they were trying to get more immigrants here to work and live because right now we don't have too many. We have quite a bit of Africans that go to University of Moncton and I saw in the paper the other day that we have approx 77 haitians in NB...I thought maybe that was the reason it went quicker? I would love to hear your thoughts on that...maybe it has nothing to do with that either but I thought it could be a possibilty maybe...

hope everyone had a great weekend..back to work tomorrow!

homesoon

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey helpme,

As far as I know - there's no priority based on province. The only province that has a different process is Quebec - but they still post the same timelines. But honestly, I'm not 100% sure.

All I know is, if that were the case, it would take us forever! being from Ontario ... especially the city I'm in .... they'd look at our application and say, sorry .... you've hit your Jamaican max quota! We have soooooo many west indians and especially Jamaicans.

I think honestly - the biggest factor is the IO. It seems they all have the same process, but maybe some are busier or slower than others. I also think it depends on the complexity of your case. Because my husband was in Canada for a qhile, it complicates background checks etc.

All I can tell you - count your lucky stars... and maybe buy a lottery ticket :) ..........

All the best! Homesoon

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Good Morning Everyone

Rain rain rain ...wad up wid dat !!!

LOL At leat the snow a melt weh...

Anyways Helpme i agree with homesoon it has nothing to do with province.......But you sure got a good IO man for sure...definalty gives people some hope that there applications will be finalized alot sooner then what they have on the websights

Anyways i hope for some good news this week and like Homesoon said this week gunna be good and next week gunna be better

Big up everyone

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Good Morning All!

Helpmeplease: I dont know what the quick processing was based on. Hopefully KG did some serious reveiw of their system. And that will mean faster processing for everybody.

Well January is almost done and we have had a few updates. Some Medical redo request and One hubby to be reunited with wifey. Not a bad month all in all. But one more week to go. Hope KG ends it with a bang.

Hope you all have a great day! :-*

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Good morning everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend. Hopefully some good news this week.

Once upon a time there were two brothers. One brother was very mischievous, always getting into trouble. The other brother, however, was very good. He was always kind to animals, helped elderly neighbors, and led an exemplary life.....

As time went on, the brothers stayed in touch but were never close. The evil brother became a heavy drinker and a womanizer. The other brother was a devoted husband and father and supported many charities.

One day the evil brother died. Then, after a few years, the good brother passed away. He went to heaven and was rewarded with a happy afterlife.

One day he went to God and asked, "Where is my brother? He died before me, but I have not seen him here in heaven."
God replied, "As you know, your brother led an evil life, so he is not spending eternity here in heaven. He has been sent elsewhere ."

I'm sorry to hear that", the good brother replied. "But I do miss him and wish I could see him again."

"You can see him if you wish", God said "I will give you the power to gaze into hell."

So the power was granted and the good brother gazed into hell. Before long he saw his brother sitting on a bench. In one arm he held a keg of beer, and in the other he cradled a gorgeous young blonde.

The good brother turned to God and said, "I can't believe what I'm seeing. I have found my brother, and he has a keg of beer in one arm and a beautiful woman in the other. Surely, hell can not be that bad."

God explained. "Things are not always as they seem, my son. The keg has a hole in it. The blonde doesn't."

torontogirl

May 17, 2008
Hi,

I dont know why it took so long after meds redo to get call, i thought we were at the end after the redo. Officer told him that she would call him so no letter would be mailed out to him. All we got from my inquires was they will contact me in due time. We had a beautiful wedding in jamaica with all the family since we had a private ceremony 2 yrs before. It was really sad and depressing leaving him to come back after honeymoon. Its been really difficult, started to think about relocating. I'm thankful to God cause I did a lot of praying. I'm truly hoping that by next week hubby and his daughter will be home, I just finish decorating her room.

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Hi all...

Soso - from what i remember when i went to cross the border and they put me in the room it didnt cost me anything to get a visa that i remember. I would try and get a visa before you go so that you dont have to wait for 5 hours at the border... or if you do try and cross the border without a visa then i would recomend doing it late at night or early early in the morning to avoid the long wait.

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day everyone. Ok so I am confused on the fees that are being put out there. After reading that T.O girls hubby was asked for 1500 I was flippen out. So I just got off the the phone with IMM and spoke with them regarding this. I told her our situation and what not and was told there would be NO $1500 fee. She asked me if my husband was arrested by IMM and no he wasn't and the charge he did have was thrown out and dismissed. He told them he was leaving and paid his own ticket and waited till his yr was up to apply. So thats the answer I recieved no $1500 and no ARC. I am at a loss here honestly.
I just think I am going to wait and see cause things have a way of turning.

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Glo

I am not trying to make this harder on you or make you worry but every time i call IMM i get a different answer every time.....There has to be a way to find out in definate....I will do my best to try to help find that answer for you

The sad part of this is WHAT i truly belive they do what they want.....

So sad.....

homesoon

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok - so reading everyone's posts and it has me a little concerned. My question - do you have to wait 1 year before applying once someone is removed from Canada? We never did. He was removed in March of 2009 and we put our application in July 2009. Maybe I'm getting confused...just checking.

Regarding fees. Here's my approach. Expect the worst and hope for the best! So I have $1500 of savings if they don't ask for it ... and I'm not screwed up if they do :)

I know we have a forum family member with an interview today. They've been on my mind all morning ... I hope everything is going ok.

homesoon

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I totally agree with what both if you are saying "they do what they want" and " Expect the worse" Thats the stand I am taking. The 1500 will be there and sit there just in case. As for the yr we were told he had to wait 1 yr but then again you see ppl apply within that. If I would have bee given the choice I would have filed prior to the yr being up. It seems that no one person has the correct answer or is there really a correct one.
Hubby is annoyed and shoving it all at me which in turn makes things harder. He at me to call the mpp for the area do this do that. I keep telling him I have no control on what IMM does and neither does the mpp ya they can get answers back unlike us at times. So I will call her and ask her views on the matter.

I hope all went well at the interview and great news will come to the family this week. :)

missingmyhubby

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-04-15
Doc's Request.
2009-09-08
AOR Received.
2009-09-21
File Transfer...
2009-05-04
Med's Request
2010-02-25
Med's Done....
2010-03-04
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
2010-05-20
Helpme....congrats, i can't even begin to imagine how you must feel, but one day we will all have that feeling

Vanny....sorry to hear your TRV was rejected. I don't even know why they ofer them when they are rarely granted. It was worth they try any ways

KC...welcome back, glad to hear the trip was good....guess hubby learned not to mess with tekillya :) i love the stuff but it requires a slow built up tolerance, kind of like this immigration process, we start out excited and hopeful it will be good, quickly learn it is not the case, we pace ourselves through it until it comes the day we love it and it is all good from there.... with tekillya you start out with an ego and something to prove sure it will be fine, next thing you know your hugging porcelin and realize it isn't what you thought, next few times you slow your role until you build your tolerance and can pound it happily with the best of them :)

Sassy and longdistance...please check your inbox :)

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Good luck with your interview whydothey. Let us know how it went

Helpmeplease

Star Member
Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope the interview went well for whydothey! :)

My husband is on his way back from Kingston,he dropped off his passport!