Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Yes Mizzy they punched 4 holes in him and took the gall bladder out.

Apparently its my fault somehow that he got the surgery cause i MADE him go to the hospital.....lol :p

So it appears they do the security/background check before anything. Interesting.

Welcome back Faithhope

Helpmeplease

Star Member
Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mizzy, yeah for some reason we did not get the B# on our file..I called cic Mississauga to inquire about it and the guy said they had not assigned one to us yet and that they would let us know soon what it was..that was in December sometime...still no news..not sure why they would not assign a number first and then send the AOR but anyways...most of the time I'm ok with the waiting..for some reason the last week has been tough..not sure what changed...it is so ridiculous that you guys from 2008 are still here..there is no reason for that my goodness,how can they process files from 2009 before finishing 2008 I cannot understand..:( I hope you guys get some great news soon!

Soso-2-di-whurlll

Nov 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Morning everyone....

I heard on the radio this morning another earthquake in Haiti happened at 6 am this morning just outside port-au-prince. It was a 6.0 on the scale. It just breaks my heart

I can't even turn the radio or TV on without being heart broken....

I wish I could do more to help, I wish my heart was not so weak, cause I would leave everyone and everything and go help, but I can't even view some stuff on TV let alone see it with my own eyes.

SO sad, really makes you cherish what you have. I hugged my husband so hard last night and made sure he knew how much I love him....

(Even though he dropped my new phone in a glass of milk) DOH............ I still love him!

Mizzy, Kc is in Mexico, Breaking ribs in the hammock, she's back on Friday!!

Maple Syrup

Nov 26, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 1, 2008
AOR Received.
November 14, 2008
File Transfer...
September 15, 2008
Med's Request
March 3, 2010
Med's Done....
July 14, 2008 & April 19, 2010
Interview........
September 28, 2009 & June 11, 2010
Passport Req..
June 7, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 8, 2010
LANDED..........
July 9, 2010
Welcome back Faithhope!! I was thinking about you last week. How's the baby?? Probably a big man by now!! How was your extended stay with hubby???

Soso - What happened to the planning of our impending get together, haven't heard any updates for a while.

JW - Yes! The selection decision is where they determine if the relationship is genuine. I am currently in this process. I will know next month what the I/O's decision is next month.

Top of the morning to you all Forum Fam!!!

Soso-2-di-whurlll

Nov 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maple, Mi soon sort it out LOL

Speaking of which, Everyone who is coming, and has not sent me e-mails
Please do that by end of week as I am going to send out E-vite on Friday.

I am going to plan this thing for a weekend that I know we all can come so I will get back to you all with dates so we can vote on the best day.

Faithhope

Star Member
Jan 19, 2010
the time was great!!! really didnt want to leave but my son has a few doctors appointments that i have been putting off and the hubby didnt want me to put them off anymore...
or i would have just stayed until he could come up too.
Maple glad to hear that things are working out for you girl...
just wishing I had some more updates..
My husband decided not to wait and did his redo, i spoke to the MP and was told everything was updated and fine.. so just waiting for the final call..
looks like everyone from 2008 will be finalized before or at the 14 month mark...
Lonely i got your email girl.. just learning how to use this new forum.... thanks for the update
longdis... got yours too... sent one back... so mucht to catch up on... I really missed my girls... stay strong... and keep praying...

Soso-2-di-whurlll

Nov 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Faith, how old is baby now????

I have a question for everyone........ What is the deal with travelling to the states if you are a PR?

We want to go do some shopping in the states and hubby wants to come, but not sure if PR's can go into the US???

Anyone know?????

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Good morning and sorry mizzy, I sent your name instead of whydothey. Don't sweat it as it sounds like you'll get through without an interview, hope the rest of us are as fortunate.

One for the day

One day Little Timmy comes home from school yelling, "Daddy! Daddy! Today at school we had to say our ABC's and I was the only one in my class who knew them all! The teacher said I did really good!" "Well that's great, son," his father replied "I'm very proud of you!" So the next day when Little Timmy gets home from school he again is very excited "Daddy! Daddy!" Timmy yells "Today at school we had to name all of the colors in class and I got them all right! The teacher said I did very good!" And his father replied "Well that's great, son, I'm very proud of you!" The next day when Little Timmy came home from school he came in yelling "Daddy! Daddy! Today in school after gym class, we were in the shower and I had the biggest one of everybody! I was very happy!" "Well son," his father replied "that's because YOUR 18!"

SOS, it is www.lotsofjokes.com

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Oops, meant to add welcome back Faith

frequent_flyer

Star Member
Nov 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2009
File Transfer...
21-04-2009
LANDED..........
11-11-2009
Hello everyone

JW - glad to hear hubby is recovering
Stressed take it easy
Faith...welcome back

Soso...PR will need a US visa to go You will have to go to the US Embassy to get visa but first you have to call a 1-900 # to get an appt. you have to have a credit card to make the call cause they charge you by the minute and bill it to your card.

Hubby got a permanent FT job at a place where they manufacture cow skins into leather....pays well but it is very hard work...but hubby a solja so him naww watch nuttin.

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Hey Everyone

Had to take a break from work cause man let me tell you our canadian forces are busyyyyyyyy!!!

Anyways Soso you have my email ....mus i send you a email again?

Sassy.....My husband got written reciepts...no general form like b4 with the picture.....When he went to Kg they said they didnt need them...that the medicals come to them...they guy said as long as you have done the med then that is all that is required..So you good to go...

FaithHope....hey girl lawwwd i was get to thinking you did ignore me or something lol
I really hope you had a good time with ur man and child...2 months is very nice and well deserved...Its nice to hear that you all had so long together...Hope ur little man is good.

Did you re did your meds without the forms KG sends out??

If so this is good news...can you give me a explanation how you guys did it?? LOL i am way curious

Oh yah when did you send in your meds ??? i sent mines in december 28th ....Hopefully we can get a idea from how long it takes to call after med submission

Anyways wah gwaan to the rest of the forum ...later all

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
First Step: Paper decision = they have all the required information; if not then they request additional information.

Second Step: Selection decision = Confirm the relationship is genuine; waive the interview or further information required or interview required or refusal with letter explaining the reason for refusal

Third Step: Background/Secuity Decision = Background and security checks completed

Fourth Step: Medical Decision = Review the results and see if further tests required or all satisfactory. At this step if medical is expired, they would request to redo medical

Fifth Step: Final Decision = Approved; passport request sent or Refused; letter explaining the reason for refusal

mizzy said:
Sorry, its the term my MP used in her last communication with us saying hubby had passed and one of the lines on the CAIPS notes.

I believe that passing selection means they have made a positive decision dependent on a final review of the medical. In our case, since we passed selection, hubby has been determined qualified to immigrate subject to medical, which since it has expired we have been requested to redo.

The decision steps, which from my research into my CAIPS I understand to be as follows are identified by a number and the date of the decision on the notes:

PSDEC: Paperscreening Decision

passed 2 failed 3 withdrawal

BDEC: Security Decision
1 passed 2 omitted - all under 18 3 incomplete 4 failed

OREQ: Other Requirements (if any)
1 passed 2 OIC obtained 3 incomplete 4 failed 5 failed - criminal 6 failed - province 7 rehabilitation approved 8 rehabilitation denied

SELDEC: Selection Decision
1 passed 2 passed on discretion 3 OIC required (pro-Proclamation cases) 4 waived 5 failed 6 failed on discretion 7 withdrawn

MEDDEC: Medical Decision
1 passed 2 Incomplete 3 failed 4 dependant failed

FINDEC: Final Decision
1 visa issued 2 permit issued/to be Issued 4 refused 5 withdrawn

Others may have more information, or a better understanding of the order of the process, and I welcome them to elaborate on this post.

torontogirl

May 17, 2008
Hey everyone,

I haven't been on in a few months, I was also registered on other site as babygirrl. Just thought I would give an update and encourage everyone to keep the faith.
-I started this process in may, 2008.
file transfer- june 20, 2008
process started- oct 1, 2008
hubby overstayed and needed ARC, left mid march 2008- feb 1, 2009 money and letter request
nothing, email replies just said in process
-may 26, hubby received call that he doesnt need ARC but has to pay more money cause $1500 is new fee doesnt matter if he paid his fare to go home. he pick up med redo form/police check
-meds redo june 1, 2009
emails sent, visit to embassy no info
-finally on january 4, 2010 sent email and got response that file schedule for review by manager
-january 13, 2010 receive call for passport
january 14, passport dropped off, we are finally at the end of the road.
my ecas hasnt change since oct, 2008

Its been a long road, 20 months, 3 trips to ja. thought hubby would have been here after med redo but it took 7 months for passport request. we didnot receive any request for original docs and we didnot receive supporting docs back as yet.