App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
Thanks Nevaeha. It's really a good New Year's gift! Just hoping things will progress smoothly with Kingston even though they are noted to be tardy but you can never tell what 2013 brings!

quote author=Nevaeha link=topic=29680.msg1993692#msg1993692 date=1357767974]
Congratulations on your husband receiving sponsorship approval; what a great way to begin the New Year! You are one step closer....
[/quote]
lonelycanadianwifey said:

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
tamarindball said:
Oh so I can understand your anxiety if your hubby is in Ja. How long have you've been here. I just got here in June but been coming here since 2004 so long time!
Well we hope we're in the fast boat and things will go quickly for us and others in Phase 2 as the waiting esp if your spouse is overseas can be overbearing no doubt. Fingers crossed my interview will be waived so I won't even need to go back to Ja. for interview but if I have to then so be it as I know possibility exists. I can well courier passport if necessary.
Best wishes to you.
I been here my whole life lol my husband was in Canada 5 years when we met started dating and married last year. As well last year novemeber he returned to jamaica and I filed his application then when he left. I honestly miss him like crazy but he's keeping busy being in school while I work and support him. He can't wait to return he hates jamaica.

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
KINGSTON!!!! We can't hear you!!!!

Why are you being so quiet? Please give at least one deserving person good news this week!!!!! Pretty please with whip cream and a cherry on top? :-*

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
What a nice wife you are. Good you're working so you can at least do what you have to do. So you're very much Cdn then. That's good. Ja. can be nice but without money it can be very stressful so if your hubby hates Ja. I am sure when he compares the benefits, outside of the weather, here he definitely can't wait to return especially as you're here too. Just a matter of time before he returns. Keep the hopes up. Soon soon soon you won't need to miss him like crazy anymore ....

oneandonly said:
I been here my whole life lol my husband was in Canada 5 years when we met started dating and married last year. As well last year novemeber he returned to jamaica and I filed his application then when he left. I honestly miss him like crazy but he's keeping busy being in school while I work and support him. He can't wait to return he hates jamaica.
lonelycanadianwifey said:

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
tamarindball said:
What a nice wife you are. Good you're working so you can at least do what you have to do. So you're very much Cdn then. That's good. Ja. can be nice but without money it can be very stressful so if your hubby hates Ja. I am sure when he compares the benefits, outside of the weather, here he definitely can't wait to return especially as you're here too. Just a matter of time before he returns. Keep the hopes up. Soon soon soon you won't need to miss him like crazy anymore ....
Your absolutely right sweetie jamaica is hard expecially when you go back from living the life in Canada. He doesn't work down there it's pointless when you do the math on how much he would make. I basically send him money and he goes to school full time so that when he comes back he can at least work in his field. I haven't been to jamaica in my life but I'm looking forward to going to meet the famz and be with hubby for a bit. The wait will soon be over I know and our journey will begin we just all have to believe in the good Lord above while he guides us through the hard times. Thank you for saying I'm a great wife I'm sure you are an excellent one as well.

najj

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
22-11-2011
File Transfer...
22-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-05-2012 (2nd time)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22-11-2012(dropped off 04-12-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
longdistanceloves said:
hey ladies...
Just a question, I don't know if anyone in here will know the answer... but I would love any insight. My husband and I are going to apply for a visitor's visa, and a medical is required. I am wondering if we have to get a second medical(because he got a medical for the spousal sponsorship visa)? I am hoping that we can use that one again, but I can't seem to find the answer to that anywhere. I am going to try and call CIC tomorrow, but it takes forever to get through to them! I am so desperate to have my husband here. and I know that visitor's visas rarely get accepted but I think its worth a try anyway. I am going to beggggggg them to send him to me, :)
Hey LD r u applying from JA for ur hubby????ik u want 2 c him but if he does get a visa which is next 2 impossible to get..he has 2 b available...suppose they mail him something....can u trust some1 2 check the mail get the info and send it off..suppose its his time 2 get his visa and they want an interview....cam he make it down and remember Jamaica never sends things out on time.....just sit back....relax....ik ur probably saying Idk what I'm talking about...but I have gone down that lane..my hubby got a job to come back on farm work...everything was fine...did medical..police check all hand in pp and Kgn sent it back w/o it...I was devastated..from that I do not bring my hopes 2 high....patience.......ur husband might come and not go back and mess up his papers...then u do an inland app.....that takes awhile....its more stressful 2 live here not landed and no job and bills need 2 pay..oh ya...I had 2 go through 9mths pregnancy....give birth.....find baby stuff and now she's 16mths and dad so b here in the next couple of weeks but things were hard so I do understand......isn't it easier to have him for a lifetime or for a few mths or weeks...my girl mek him gwaan an build a yard...him soon reach....but that's just my advice

najj

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
22-11-2011
File Transfer...
22-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-05-2012 (2nd time)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22-11-2012(dropped off 04-12-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
najj said:
Hey LD r u applying from JA for ur hubby????ik u want 2 c him but if he does get a visa which is next 2 impossible to get..he has 2 b available...suppose they mail him something....can u trust some1 2 check the mail get the info and send it off..suppose its his time 2 get his visa and they want an interview....cam he make it down and remember Jamaica never sends things out on time.....just sit back....relax....ik ur probably saying Idk what I'm talking about...but I have gone down that lane..my hubby got a job to come back on farm work...everything was fine...did medical..police check all hand in pp and Kgn sent it back w/o it...I was devastated..from that I do not bring my hopes 2 high....patience.......ur husband might come and not go back and mess up his papers...then u do an inland app.....that takes awhile....its more stressful 2 live here not landed and no job and bills need 2 pay..oh ya...I had 2 go through 9mths pregnancy....give birth.....find baby stuff and now she's 16mths and dad so b here in the next couple of weeks but things were hard so I do understand......isn't it easier to have him for a lifetime or for a few mths or weeks...my girl mek him gwaan an build a yard...him soon reach....but that's just my advice
Oh ya...when u call cic...keep pressing 0..1 after the other......u can bypass all the chatting

Anada

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012/06/04
AOR Received.
2012/07/25
File Transfer...
2012/08/03
Med's Done....
2012/05/17
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
2012/11/26
VISA ISSUED...
2012/12/11
LANDED..........
2012/12/18
Morning All~

Briefly read through posts!! Just remember - Real Gs move in silence, and before you know it BAM #bere noise!!

Example: I went from Aug to Nov without hearing word from Kingston.....so dont fret....but once u hear from them u can be promised u won't stop hearing from them till u get through~ (imo)

If u have free time and its been past 8 weeks since Kingston received ur app...contact ur MP tell them ur concerned ur file is lost etc, cause as it states u should be receiving some form of confirmation of receipt (aor) etc.....worth a shot in the meantime....

anyhow it may have been a quiet week for many but one week almost done!! which means ONE weeks closerrrr!!!

Anada

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012/06/04
AOR Received.
2012/07/25
File Transfer...
2012/08/03
Med's Done....
2012/05/17
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
2012/11/26
VISA ISSUED...
2012/12/11
LANDED..........
2012/12/18
on that note: took hubby to get all his stuff this week sin, ....went to ohip place....which as we already knew takes 3 months from the time he landed but its all good.....Got him hooked up with a resource center....So he's there now for a few horus today for an Newcomer group info session, as well as job evaluation and then a one on one with A job placement counselor....and then to move forward from there etc....

Ill also be helping him on my ends to secure employment...even if just till something better come alongs - but for now at least he has something to occupy his time and work towards constructive goals ....u know give him a sense of achievement - less idleness while here in foreign.

:) Took him for his large French Vanilla then dropped him off before work :) he's well on his way lol

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
morning family
happy Thursday
anada looks like we on the same frame link
last week i took hubby to get all his stuff too
we went and got his sin card,opened a Canadian bank account (scotia has a great account for new comers...just and fyi...)
i was gonna bring him to the employment resource center this week but i though it would be better to wait till week after nest when my girl is here in full swing t-8 happy dance
that way i can bring both at the same time kill 2 birds with one stone
have an appointment to register my baby girl for full day kindergarten for September
and just here counting down the days till my girl comes happy dance happy dance
God is good all the time and so far for me 2013 sell off
to those still waiting for Kingston to send you your families your in my prayers

KINGSTON COME ON NOW YOU A TEK TOO LONG FI START MOVE AGAIN
P.S enough wait already now you get MR BLONDIE'S passport some weeks now time to send on the CORP

BLESS UP FAMILY

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Ready & Anada, it's so great to hear everything you are doing with, er, for (ha ha) your husbands!

I think I can speak for everyone on the forum when I say we can't wait to be doing the same things when our significant others land in Canada.

Congrats on all of the progress you are having with your hubbies; I wish you all the best in the transition period from JA to Canada!!!!!

longdistanceloves

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 18, 2012
AOR Received.
January 24, 2013
Passport Req..
January 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 21, 2014
LANDED..........
February 23, 2014
najj said:
najj, thank you for the advice. I appreciate your input. I did talk to CIC, and I am still thinking about sending in the visitor app. I agree with you about checking the mail, and if they request an interview and all of that, I would never want to jeoprodize(sp?) our PR application. I think if he got through with the visitor visa, then I must be able to have his mail sent to my house rather than Jamaica. I just read Ananda's post about getting your MP involved if you haven't recieved an AOR from Kingston. Everyone on here is giving me the advice to be patient, so I may just try and do that, lol. I am glad to have the advice of others who have been through all this because I really don't want to be patient, and I feel like nothing is happening!!! I know all those on here have gone through/are going through the same feelings!!! No matter what I decide to do, I am glad to hear what you all think!

longdistanceloves

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 18, 2012
AOR Received.
January 24, 2013
Passport Req..
January 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 21, 2014
LANDED..........
February 23, 2014
Anada said:
Morning All~

Briefly read through posts!! Just remember - Real Gs move in silence, and before you know it BAM #bere noise!!

Example: I went from Aug to Nov without hearing word from Kingston.....so dont fret....but once u hear from them u can be promised u won't stop hearing from them till u get through~ (imo)

If u have free time and its been past 8 weeks since Kingston received ur app...contact ur MP tell them ur concerned ur file is lost etc, cause as it states u should be receiving some form of confirmation of receipt (aor) etc.....worth a shot in the meantime....

anyhow it may have been a quiet week for many but one week almost done!! which means ONE weeks closerrrr!!!
Ananda, thank you for continuing to post about your journey. It's nice to hear encouragment like that, because i have heard NOTHING from Kingston! How did you contact your MP and what did you say? I am going to contact them next week if I don't recieve an email back from Kingston. I just want to hear about how you went about it..

Anada

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012/06/04
AOR Received.
2012/07/25
File Transfer...
2012/08/03
Med's Done....
2012/05/17
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
2012/11/26
VISA ISSUED...
2012/12/11
LANDED..........
2012/12/18
longdistanceloves said:
Ananda, thank you for continuing to post about your journey. It's nice to hear encouragment like that, because i have heard NOTHING from Kingston! How did you contact your MP and what did you say? I am going to contact them next week if I don't recieve an email back from Kingston. I just want to hear about how you went about it..

google the closest MP to your postal code - and call them :) they will tell you who your representative would be for your ward, and you can even speak with them by phone one on one - in which case you will be asked to send an email with detail of application i.e: # , when filed birth dates etc....and just give them the basic info - along with the reason as to why you want them to make an inquiry - in my case i told them i was extremely concerned that it was lost, and wanted to know my file was there for peace of mind . i also told them i had emailed kingston several times, and had not received a reply.

I dealt with a very nice, helpful lady at the Mp's office - i hope u will have the same experience.

Anada

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012/06/04
AOR Received.
2012/07/25
File Transfer...
2012/08/03
Med's Done....
2012/05/17
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
2012/11/26
VISA ISSUED...
2012/12/11
LANDED..........
2012/12/18
well my journey doesnt end here ladies lol

its still continues really until our Hubbies are settled and employed - feeling confident and happy knowing they can also depend on themselves and contribute and work towards their goals...which often entails - house building, saving, helping out their mumsies now and then - and buying stuff for wifey :) LOL